Dumb Laws

Mona

http://www.dumblaws.com/

Just a few of them...there are tons of these things.

- It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church. (alabama)

- Boogers may not be flicked into the wind. (alabama)

- It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile (alabama)

- You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time. (alabama)

- Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail (alabama)

- It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane. (alaska)

- Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops. (alaska)

- Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs. (arizona)

- There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus. (arizona)

- You may not have more than two dildos in a house. (arizona)

- A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up. (arizona)

- Oral sex is considered to be sodomy. (arkansas)

- Aligators may not be kept in bathtubs (arkansas)

- Honking one’s car horn at a sandwich shop after 9 PM is against the law. (arkansas)

- It is unlawful to walk one's cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday. (arkansas)

- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. (california)

- Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool. (california)

- One may not mutilate a rock in a state park. (colorado)

- Throwing missles at cars is illegal. (colorado)

- Catapults may not be fired at buildings (colorado)

- It is illegal to permit ones llama to graze on city property. (colorado)

- It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor. (colorado)

- In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce. (connecticut)

- It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset (connecticut)

- You aren't allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands. (connecticut)

- It is illegal to sell your children. (florida)

- Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. (florida)

- It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office. (georgia)

- Goldfish may not be given away to entice someone to enter a game of bingo. (georgia)

- You may not fish on a camel's back. (idaho)

- Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire. (Illinois)

- It is unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire. (Illinois)

- The value of Pi is 3. (Indiana)

- One may not sniff glue (indiana)

- A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17. (indiana)

- A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public. (iowa)

- One-armed piano players must perform for free (iowa)

- Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants. (iowa)

- If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed. (kansas)

- No one may wear a bee in their hat. (kansas)

- One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once. (kentucky)

- Dogs may not molest cars. (kentucky)

- It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol. (lousisiana)

- You may not step out of a plane in flight. (maine)

- It's illegal to take a lion to the movies. (Maryland)

- At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches. (massachusetts)

- Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder. (massachusetts)

- It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose (michigan)

- A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head. (minesota)

- One may not pretend to abuse an animal in the presence of a minor. (montana)

- It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone. (montana)

- It is Illegal to go whale fishing. (nebraska)

- Everyone walking the streets is required to wear a mask. (nevada)

- If a person is caught raking the beaches, picking up litter, hauling away trash, building a bench for the park, or many other kind things without a permit, he/she may be fined $150 for ''maintaining the national forest without a permit''. (New Hampshire)

- It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder. (New Jersey)

- It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season. (New Jersey)

- Idiots may not vote. (New Mexico)

- The penalty for jumping off a building is death. (New York)

- During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks. (New York)

- It's against the law to sing off key. (north carolina)

- Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields. (north carolina)

- If one loses their pet tiger, they must notify the authorities within one hour. (ohio)

- Power Wheels cars may not be driven down the street. (ohio)

- It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo. (oklahoma)

- It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots. (oklahoma)

- Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings (oklahoma)

- It's illegal to walk down a sidewalk and knock a snakes head off with your cane. (oregon)

- It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors. (pennsylvania)

- You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth. (pennsylvania)

- No one may bite off another's leg. (rhode island)

- No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants. (South dakota)

- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory. (south daktoa)

- You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile (tennessee)

- Driving is not to be done while asleep. (tennessee)

- It is legal to gather and consume roadkill. (tennessee)

- One may not throw bottles at a tree. (tennessee)

- A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. (texas)

- Birds have the right of way on all highways. (Utah)

- No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call. (utah)

- It is illegal to cause a catastrophe. (utah)

- X-rays may not be used to fit shoes (washington)

- It is illegal to display a hypnotized or allegedly hypnotized person in a store window. (washington)

- You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit. (wyoming)

- No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants. (South dakota)

- A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. (texas)

I simply can't decide whether to move to South Dakota or Texas... :hysterical:

We have another really good one in Nebraska. In the town of Blue Hill, it is illegal for a lady wearing a hat to eat an onion in public. I actually had to do some work there once- my coworkers dared me to wear a hat and eat an onion in public to see what would happen.

I didn't do it... 'cause eating an onion just doesn't sound all that appealing to me... but I'm still curious to see what would happen. And where the hell that law came from in the first place.

We have another really good one in Nebraska. In the town of Blue Hill, it is illegal for a lady wearing a hat to eat an onion in public. I actually had to do some work there once- my coworkers dared me to wear a hat and eat an onion in public to see what would happen.

I didn't do it... 'cause eating an onion just doesn't sound all that appealing to me... but I'm still curious to see what would happen. And where the hell that law came from in the first place.

Really? Wow. :lol: It's baffling how specific some of these are...like the one I posted up there about how in one place you can't use a goldfish to entice someone to play bingo. Can you give them someother kind of fish instead? Can you give them a gold fish to entice them to go bowling? Why that specific combination? :huh: And most importantly, why is it illigal? :lol:

• 11 years later...

They won't give me a plastic bag at the grocery store for free anymore because plastic bags will kill the planet. But for 50 cents they will sell me a thicker plastic bag because that bag will never end up in a landfill somewhere or around the neck of a sea turtle.

Edited by kipper

On 8/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, kipper said:

They won't give me a plastic bag at the grocery store for free anymore because plastic bags will kill the planet. But for 50 cents they will sell me a thicker plastic bag because that bag will never end up in a landfill somewhere or around the neck of a sea turtle.

A fine little girl she waits for me
She's as plastic as she can be
She paints her face with plastic goo
And wrecks her hair with some shampoo
Plastic people
Oh, baby, now you're such a drag