Drinks

Cletus

had another vanilla vodka/Coke tonight. It's been a ritual lately, my wife and I sit in the living room in front of the Christmas tree and fireplace, she has a glass of white wine (pinot grigio or reisling) and I have a vodka/Coke.

The major decision I'm contemplating right now...we're throwing a New Year's Eve party at our house, and shall I drink beer or mixed drinks that night? Hmm, not sure...

Y'all sound like my kind of people! I used to enjoy vanilla vodka (or liquer, like Doc MacGillicuddy's) and coke quite a bit. And, well, I've already discussed my enjoyment of rieslings here. I switched to Parrot Bay (coconut) rum for mixed drinks, though, because I find that rum absolutely NEVER gives me a hangover or headache. Not that I'm drinking to that point this evening... just sayin'.

On your decision... hmm, I'd say mixed drinks rather than beer. But then again, I'm the person who gets a headache from ONE beer, as well as sick to my stomach. And it's so filling...

Corona with a wedge of lime...or any other half-decent lager. Corona is probably my favourite though.

Jack Daniels + Coke.

Southern Comfort + Lemonade.

Perhaps the occasional cider.

...that's often about it.

I'll settle for vodka if there's nothing else, but meh.

I like Malibu + Coke too. Haven't actually drunk that for YEARS now though.

I drink red wine from time-to-time but I can't really drink a lot of it. White wine and lemonade is a bit of a killer though. Don't drink that very often but when I do it's often nasty the next morning.

And ooh, if I'm feeling funky I might have a Bailey's, but I'll drink it out of a glass, not a shoe. ;)

Corona with a wedge of lime...or any other half-decent lager. Corona is probably my favourite though.

Jack Daniels + Coke.

Southern Comfort + Lemonade.

Perhaps the occasional cider.

...that's often about it.

I'll settle for vodka if there's nothing else, but meh.

I like Malibu + Coke too. Haven't actually drunk that for YEARS now though.

I drink red wine from time-to-time but I can't really drink a lot of it. White wine and lemonade is a bit of a killer though. Don't drink that very often but when I do it's often nasty the next morning.

And ooh, if I'm feeling funky I might have a Bailey's, but I'll drink it out of a glass, not a shoe. ;)

WOW! People still drink Southern Comfort. Some things never change. :P

Archived