Drinks

Cletus

My uncle was on blood pressure medicine because he had ridiculously high blood pressure. He had been on the medicine for years, and when he quit drinking alcohol, he gained weight. So then he switched from Mountain Dew to Diet Mountain Dew. Apparently, he was drinking tons of the stuff.

He started passing out all of the time. He went to the doctor to see what was going on, and his blood pressure was low--which was causing the fainting episodes. After talking a bit here and there, the doctor realized it was because he was drinking so much diet soda. He cut back on the diet soda, and it got better.

Anyway, that's a real story, which kind of freaks me out.

I believe those were strawberry margaritas?

Chi-Chi's isn't around any longer but there is a Cuco's which is basically the same place.

I always thought it was a little more upscale as opposed to Taco Bell.

Sounds a little high maintenance to me. :rolleyes:

I've had authentic Mexican food, after Katrina they had hot lunch wagons that came around to feed the migrant workers that were repairing our facilities and I had a couple of those platesscared0010-1.gif it sucked! I didn't complain too much because it was hot food when none was available. The flies loved it though <_<

BTW I still love the encherittos at Taco-Tico :P

Are you sure they weren't daiquiri's :)

Chi Chi's closed up in my area shortly after the reports of food poisioning said to be caused by scallions (quite a few years ago).

Those lunch trucks never qualify as food, yuck... we have vendors in Center City and those little trucks smell so greasy and disgusting, i can't believe anyone trust them.

The best Mexican food i ever had was in..... Puerto Vallarta! I also had good Mexican food in Houston. Love Pappasitas and Pappadeaux!

Chi Chi's closed up in my area shortly after the reports of food poisioning said to be caused by scallions (quite a few years ago).

Those lunch trucks never qualify as food, yuck... we have vendors in Center City and those little trucks smell so greasy and disgusting, i can't believe anyone trust them.

The best Mexican food i ever had was in..... Puerto Vallarta! I also had good Mexican food in Houston. Love Pappasitas and Pappadeaux!

Note the ? :rolleyes:

They prepared the meals at the hotels and delevered them on location, it was very fresh I just didn't like the food mix. I don't like my vegetables touching each other :o

and the seasoning was peculiar.

edit: Whoa! just found this excerpt from a news article...

Meanwhile, Chi-Chi's will continue with the settlement of more than 300 lawsuits against it, stemming from a lethal hepatitis A outbreak that was linked to a single Chi-Chi's restaurant in Pennsylvania just weeks after the bankruptcy filing last fall. The outbreak claimed three lives and sickened at least 660 people. Chi-Chi's, which has settled more than 100 cases, sued three suppliers in July in a bid for financial help with settlement payouts. Those cases still are pending, according to court documents.

"Cases get settled every day," Friedman said. "But they won't end anytime soon. Unfortunately, a lot of people got sick."

I'm not drinking anything since I've brushed my teeth for the night. I did have a Diet Coke before that, though. Caffeine-free of course, since I've eliminated it from my diet as much as I can. Every now and again I'll have a Starbucks or a Gloria Jeans.

I hope you can make it to New Orleans. I haven't been in a long time but I absolutely loved it. A really great city and not like any other I've been to.

Thanks! I'll try my best. Seems like I talk about it on here a lot, now that I think of it, lol. Oh well, it's a place worth talking about, anyway. Anywhere that spawned the mint julep, the beignet, and gumbo is definitely a special place!

Mmm, tomorrow's Monday, and you know what that means...time for red beans and rice! Now I'm going to have to go over to the Mardi Gras Café tomorrow and get me some, yum! There's not a traditional drink that goes with it, is there? If not, Abita Turbo Dog will do just fine.

Thanks! I'll try my best. Seems like I talk about it on here a lot, now that I think of it, lol. Oh well, it's a place worth talking about, anyway. Anywhere that spawned the mint julep, the beignet, and gumbo is definitely a special place!

Mmm, tomorrow's Monday, and you know what that means...time for red beans and rice! Now I'm going to have to go over to the Mardi Gras Café tomorrow and get me some, yum! There's not a traditional drink that goes with it, is there? If not, Abita Turbo Dog will do just fine.

It is a special place indeed. I'm with you on the beignet and gumbo, but I'll trade you the mint julep for jumbalaya :D

QUOTE (Dzldoc @ Mar 8 2009, 03:38 PM)

I believe those were strawberry margaritas?

I'm definitely remembering strawberry banana margaritas, but maybe it was a regional thing? :unsure:

Sounds like a good thing that Chi Chis is no longer...

I think Chi Chi's exists--at least in the grocery store food entity. We haven't had Chi Chi's in Idaho in forever, but they sell their pre-mixed drinks, salsa, etc., at the grocery store.

Chi-Chi's isnt around by my town any more. I think they went out of business not to mention the fact they got in trouble with their restaurant name. Chi-Chi's in spanish means boobs. And thats what my Spanish teacher in 9th grade said.

AS far as a drink goes, I have black coffee.

• 3 months later...
A glass of good ol' Starbucks frappucino: "doubleshot" flavor. :yesnod:

kati8.gif

Starfucks........ewwwwww

Sorry Fan S. but I don't ever want to

see/enter another Starfucks again.

there are so many other coffee shops

that have better tasting product than them.

Starfucks........ewwwwww

Sorry Fan S. but I don't ever want to

see/enter another Starfucks again.

there are so many other coffee shops

that have better tasting product than them.

Hi Khandie! Then we'll agree to disagree, then. It's okay :) I just love Starbucks' doubleshot espresso frappucino in a can. It's great, chilled over ice in my favorite glass or mug. :P

Hi Khandie! Then we'll agree to disagree, then. It's okay :) I just love Starbucks' doubleshot espresso frappucino in a can. It's great, chilled over ice in my favorite glass or mug. :P

I can do that......I'm easy to get along with.

I just had a bad experience with them.

I can do that......I'm easy to get along with.

I just had a bad experience with them.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hey I was just looking in photobucket for images of Starbucks doubleshot (espresso with cream). Made me wanna drink another one. ;)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hey I was just looking in photobucket for images of Starbucks doubleshot (espresso with cream). Made me wanna drink another one. ;)

hahaha.......that's funny

can you say addicted to starbucks? ;)

hahaha.......that's funny

can you say addicted to starbucks? ;)

:lol: That would be a safe assumption, yes! In fact, after I post this post, I'm a head toward the fridge and have one of these, chilled, doubleshot_new.jpg

in one of these pretty cups: coffee.jpg

Archived