Tropical Storm/Hurricane Harvey

jabe

Godspeed to forum members or those who have family members in the path of wherever this storm lands. Hopefully the strength will diminish as the days progress.
Please stay safe.

On 8/24/2017 at 11:56 AM, jabe said:

Godspeed to forum members or those who have family members in the path of wherever this storm lands. Hopefully the strength will diminish as the days progress.
Please stay safe.

I was born in Galveston, Texas and I have a lot of relatives in Galveston and Houston, including my 96 year old Grandmother.  My Grandma lives about 12 blocks from the Seawall and the beach  I was just in Galveston three weeks ago. 

Thanks jabe for hoping forum members and their families stay safe.  I have been watching the Weather Channel almost all day.

By the way, my uncle in Houston went to Galveston today to pick up my Grandma to bring her to his house in Houston.  

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Reporters, it's not courageous to stand in a hurricane and provide commentary -- it's damn foolish and you look stupid doing it.

We could see a live decapitation.

I know a guy in Port Aransas. Hope he's ok.

23 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Yes, stay safe kingzoso, zepscoda, greengrass, Ddladner and all other of our board members and any family members who are in/near it's path.

Thanks .... up here in the Dallas / Ft Worth area we should be fine..Im worried for those down state. This thing has really just begun, by Tuesday some areas may see up to 3 feet of rain. To be honest, I can't remember ever hearing of such rainfall.  

On 8/25/2017 at 7:57 PM, luvlz2 said:

Yes, stay safe kingzoso, zepscoda, greengrass, Ddladner and all other of our board members and any family members who are in/near it's path.

Thanks, luvlz2! We are well east of the storm this time. The forecast shows rain next week (but that's a daily occurrence in south Mississippi). Hope our brethren are faring well.

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Reporters, it's not courageous to stand in a hurricane and provide commentary -- it's damn foolish and you look stupid doing it.

Amen! That drives me nuts!! So irresponsible. 

9 hours ago, Walter said:

This type of flooding already.  Prayers go out to everyone in southeast Texas.

IMG_2261.JPG

Good lord...it is completely surreal to see pictures like these, especially if they are places you have been to. I lived in Texas for 8 years back in the '90s in Austin and San Antonio, and I often drove to Houston to see concerts. I know I-610 well - it's the circumferential loop around the city. It is an absolutely MASSIVE road, not just in distance, but in width as well. To see any part of it under water, let alone this much water, is absolutely gobsmacking.

Yes, all prayers to Houstonians and to everyone in southeast Texas.

1 hour ago, ForEvermore said:

Good lord...it is completely surreal to see pictures like these, especially if they are places you have been to. I lived in Texas for 8 years back in the '90s in Austin and San Antonio, and I often drove to Houston to see concerts. I know I-610 well - it's the circumferential loop around the city. It is an absolutely MASSIVE road, not just in distance, but in width as well. Too see any part of it under water, let alone this much water, is absolutely gobsmacking.

Yes, all prayers to Houstonians and to everyone in southeast Texas.

Here's another one that will blow your mind.  I just saw a future radar that shows the storm center going off coast and looping back towards Houston again.  This is horribly epic.  

IMG_1393.JPG

42 minutes ago, Walter said:

Here's another one that will blow your mind.  I just saw a future radar that shows the storm center going off coast and looping back towards Houston again.  This is horribly epic.  

IMG_1393.JPG

I can't believe the light is still working. I know some people in Houston too and hope they are ok. I personally would never live anywhere east of the Rockies.

I wasn't able to post the FB Video, but please link there to see a Houston resident recording someone in her block playing an inspired version of the Star Spangled Banner on their electric guitar.

https://www.facebook.com/SharyeJane/videos/1333889056734067

https://www.facebook.com/SharyeJane/posts/1333889643400675

I had up until yesterday been checking the news reports on FOX news, but as of Tuesday 29th they have stopped broadcasting to the UK. Their "Fair and Balanced" slogan they had used  to make me laugh as they  clearly had a strong right wing bias. They say viewing figures here were to low to justify the cost of the broadcast, I think they lost a lot of viewers when the Bill O'Reilly comedy show ended. Anyway to those affected by this horrendous weather my thoughts are with you.

7 hours ago, JTM said:

I had up until yesterday been checking the news reports on FOX news, but as of Tuesday 29th they have stopped broadcasting to the UK. Their "Fair and Balanced" slogan they had used  to make me laugh as they  clearly had a strong right wing bias. They say viewing figures here were to low to justify the cost of the broadcast, I think they lost a lot of viewers when the Bill O'Reilly comedy show ended. Anyway to those affected by this horrendous weather my thoughts are with you.

So, did people watch Fox ironically over there? If so, that's hilarious! :D

Yes, people in and around Houston - hang in there. The help is coming and will continue to come. Also, Houstonians are very resilient. They will keep working until everything is better. It will take a while, but I know they will come through.

30 minutes ago, The Rover 75 said:

So tragic & scary, we have friends in TEX, but they are close to Dallas & they are fine, the storm did not go that far north.

I live in Plano, Texas (about 20 miles north of Dallas) and it only rained once a couple of days ago.  

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

I live in Plano, Texas (about 20 miles north of Dallas) and it only rained once a couple of days ago.  

We got lucky...if that thing came up here ( I'm in the same area Kingzoso is ) and dumped just half the rain the Houston area got, the Lake Lewisville Dam would have given out. Any area south of The Colony would have been screwed. 

OMG, they found the van that got swept away and the bodies of all 6 family members, 4 of them children, inside . As the water receeds, I fear the death toll will rise significantly .

Archived