Yardbirds '68 out Nov 5th

JTM

10 minutes ago, reids said:

Pop market and a few other sites like Amazon as of today: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0755J9VC1/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_15_of_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W7PMD4DZCN1YF12A9WXQ

• Yardbirds 68 [Import]

• CD

Those sellers will be buying it from the Jimmy Page site though, will they not?

I read that the album was exclusive to his site somewhere.

Ach, if it takes another week, so be it, I've been buying CDs like they've been going out of fashion recently so have plenty to listen to in the meantime.

14 minutes ago, reids said:

Pop market and a few other sites like Amazon as of today: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0755J9VC1/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_15_of_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W7PMD4DZCN1YF12A9WXQ

• Yardbirds 68 [Import]

• CD

Amazon UK has the same info. My order is with JP.com which still states the 5th as release day..

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Those sellers will be buying it from the Jimmy Page site though, will they not?

I read that the album was exclusive to his site somewhere.

Ach, if it takes another week, so be it, I've been buying CDs like they've been going out of fashion recently so have plenty to listen to in the meantime.

I got mine cheaper on pop market during presale (24% off) a month or two ago. Just waiting for it to arrive. 😳

R😎

Just received this email....

We are contacting you with regards to your Order #XXXXXXX from JimmyPage.com for a Yardbirds '68 - Double Vinyl edition.

Due to matters beyond our control at the manufacturing plant, there is a small delay with the first delivery of Yardbirds 68 items to our UK warehouse. As a result, we hope to begin shipping items towards the end of next week, instead of today, as previously planned.

Please accept our sincere apologies. We thank you for your custom and appreciate your patience while we resolve this matter as swiftly as possible.

Customers who have pre-ordered items will, of course, be prioritised over any other sales we have subsequently received.

We hope, having waited almost 50 years to hold this incredible album in your hands, that this additional delay will be completely worthwhile.

Here are some exclusive images of the accompanying 48-page booklet, which is filled with photos, custom artwork and contributions from Jimmy Page, Jim McCarty, Chris Dreja and former editor-in-chief of MOJO and Q Magazine Phil Alexander, to whet your appetite until next week.

Thank you once again for your patience.

The JimmyPage.com Team

17 minutes ago, tyler19 said:

Just received this email....

We are contacting you with regards to your Order #XXXXXXX from JimmyPage.com for a Yardbirds '68 - Double Vinyl edition.

Due to matters beyond our control at the manufacturing plant, there is a small delay with the first delivery of Yardbirds 68 items to our UK warehouse. As a result, we hope to begin shipping items towards the end of next week, instead of today, as previously planned.

Please accept our sincere apologies. We thank you for your custom and appreciate your patience while we resolve this matter as swiftly as possible.

Customers who have pre-ordered items will, of course, be prioritised over any other sales we have subsequently received.

We hope, having waited almost 50 years to hold this incredible album in your hands, that this additional delay will be completely worthwhile.

Here are some exclusive images of the accompanying 48-page booklet, which is filled with photos, custom artwork and contributions from Jimmy Page, Jim McCarty, Chris Dreja and former editor-in-chief of MOJO and Q Magazine Phil Alexander, to whet your appetite until next week.

Thank you once again for your patience.

The JimmyPage.com Team

Same e-mail here for my CD's...

21 minutes ago, tyler19 said:

Weird that the same manufacturing issue would impact both vinyl and cd's. Unless it is something to do with the artwork.

Maybe they wanted a certain amount of sales before they pressed/printed them (vinyl and CDs)??? 

R😎

3 hours ago, tyler19 said:

Weird that the same manufacturing issue would impact both vinyl and cd's. Unless it is something to do with the artwork.

A delay with the artwork - or, I would speculate, the folks at jimmypage.com not getting the artwork to the manufacturer in time...

1 hour ago, tmtomh said:

A delay with the artwork - or, I would speculate, the folks at jimmypage.com not getting the artwork to the manufacturer in time...

Images from the artwork.

page 1.png

Page 2.png

Page 3.png

Page 4.png

On 11/3/2017 at 7:07 PM, JTM said:

Images from the artwork.

page 1.png

Page 2.png

Page 3.png

Page 4.png

Yes, I got those images too. But samples in their office on Nov 3 when they sent out the email doesn't necessarily mean the actual production run of the booklets was not delayed. The booklets might all have been printed up by Nov 3 but still needed to be assembled with the CDs and such. I'm just speculating of course.

On 11/4/2017 at 9:12 AM, Mook said:

I've not received an e-mail (I pre ordered the CDs as soon as this was announced) which is a bit worrying.

Could have gone into your spam folder.

So now we gotta wait until November 17. That's a Friday which makes a little more sense...November 5 always seemed an odd date. Sigh. If only they had played "I'm Waiting For My Man" at the Anderson Theatre. 

Too bad it's not the May '68 Shrine show we are getting.

26 minutes ago, Strider said:

So now we gotta wait until November 17. That's a Friday which makes a little more sense...November 5 always seemed an odd date. Sigh. If only they had played "I'm Waiting For My Man" at the Anderson Theatre. 

Too bad it's not the May '68 Shrine show we are getting.

Wait, according to the email we all got, they should be shipping out in the next couple of days, no? I didn’t think we would have to wait until the 17th if we ordered through Page’s website. 

Definitely agree with you on the other stuff though! I’m just glad that someone had the foresight to record any show and that it’s finally getting cleaned up. A professionally recorded Shrine ‘68 would have been amazing though!

7 hours ago, RockDude4492 said:

Wait, according to the email we all got, they should be shipping out in the next couple of days, no? I didn’t think we would have to wait until the 17th if we ordered through Page’s website. 

Definitely agree with you on the other stuff though! I’m just glad that someone had the foresight to record any show and that it’s finally getting cleaned up. A professionally recorded Shrine ‘68 would have been amazing though!

Yes, the e-mail I got indicated that they were hoping to send the first batches out towards the end of this week (so today, tomorrow & Saturday I would guess).

8 minutes ago, JTM said:

It  does not look like the distributors are going to get this one out this week as they said they would in last weeks e-mail, the wait continues..

Yeah, I took particular notice of the word 'hope' in last week's e-mail.

I can see this really dragging on & it'll probably be Christmas before we get them, call me cynical.

At least they've got our money in their bank account though, that's the main thing.

2 hours ago, JTM said:

It  does not look like the distributors are going to get this one out this week as they said they would in last weeks e-mail, the wait continues..

Source? I haven’t heard anything about a further delay. I contacted the Jimmy Page site this morning regarding the status of this, still waiting for a response though

1 hour ago, RockDude4492 said:

Source? I haven’t heard anything about a further delay. I contacted the Jimmy Page site this morning regarding the status of this, still waiting for a response though

I'd imagine JTM is basing his assumption on the lack of e-mail confirmation that the CD/Vinyl has been sent out. I've certainly not seen anything in my inbox.

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'd imagine JTM is basing his assumption on the lack of e-mail confirmation that the CD/Vinyl has been sent out. I've certainly not seen anything in my inbox.

Gotcha, I haven’t either but someone on the Steve Hoffman forums reported getting a shipping notice. The day’s not over yet!

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

1 hour ago, RockDude4492 said:

Gotcha, I haven’t either but someone on the Steve Hoffman forums reported getting a shipping notice. The day’s not over yet!

Good news, I have had my shipping notice. Now it's up to the Royal Mail..

7 hours ago, RockDude4492 said:

Has anyone ever gotten a response to an email inquiry sent to the jimmypage.com site/team? I am not being snarky; I'm honestly asking. I am guessing the answer is No, but I'd love to be wrong.

Archived