Yardbirds '68 out Nov 5th

JTM

13 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Has anyone ever gotten a response to an email inquiry sent to the jimmypage.com site/team? I am not being snarky; I'm honestly asking. I am guessing the answer is No, but I'd love to be wrong.

I don’t think you’re being snarky! No I did not, and I’m rather annoyed about it. I’ll keep you all posted on when I do

On 11/3/2017 at 5:27 PM, tyler19 said:

Just received this email....

We are contacting you with regards to your Order #XXXXXXX from JimmyPage.com for a Yardbirds '68 - Double Vinyl edition.

Due to matters beyond our control at the manufacturing plant, there is a small delay with the first delivery of Yardbirds 68 items to our UK warehouse. As a result, we hope to begin shipping items towards the end of next week, instead of today, as previously planned.

Please accept our sincere apologies. We thank you for your custom and appreciate your patience while we resolve this matter as swiftly as possible.

Customers who have pre-ordered items will, of course, be prioritised over any other sales we have subsequent

Same e-mail here for my CD's...  ....double post ?????

17 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Has anyone ever gotten a response to an email inquiry sent to the jimmypage.com site/team? I am not being snarky; I'm honestly asking. I am guessing the answer is No, but I'd love to be wrong.

I believe that's a yes when someone from this board emailed them about "On this day" if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Boooo, it's not been sent out  via first class, postie came about an hour ago, no Yardbirds....Monday then...

Well that's cool, looks like you are going to get yours before most as most have not even received a shipping notice yet. Trying to be patient.

Yep. I pre-ordered mine through PopMarket and haven’t received any communication yet regarding shipment, so it’ll be  11/13 maybe to 11/17 at earliest for some (via JP.com)  & later for others. 

R😎

5 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

A new O.T.D. entry on Jimmy Page's website today, showing the release date for Yardbirds '68 to be Monday November 13th.

IMG_20171112_2020251_rewind.thumb.jpg.be33cf8dca76c8269490e70c8e5cbed4.jpg

This is not accurate. The date listed is the day of the "On This Day" entry, not a revised release date. Page has kept the same "On This Day" post on his site since November 5 and has updated the date each time.

5 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Thanks for the tip! 

They've got some nerve, though, putting that notice after there before they've even emailed a lot of the folks who pre-ordered to let them know when their orders are shipping. Bush league.

E-mails are sent out en-masse are they not, so all those that were due one would have had one. I had notification my CD's are on the way. As for the "notice" it is factually correct, "Yardbirds 68" will start being received by buyers today "13 November 2017"...

11 hours ago, JTM said:

E-mails are sent out en-masse are they not, so all those that were due one would have had one.

CD looks nice JTM!

I did get the postponement email from Jimmy Page's website when others did, but no shipping notice as of yet for my vinyl. I'm sure it will be coming any time now.

So has anyone received theirs yet? I’ve still not received even an email informing me about the delay, and yes I’ve checked my spam folder. I’ve emailed and not had a reply. Maybe I’m on Jimmy’s naughty list after the comments I made regarding the over the top pricing of the £400 special edition !

just seen JTM’s post. It didn’t show up till after I’d posted my reply which is a bit strange .

Was curious how long it took for past releases to arrive and this is according to past posts by our board members:

Deathwish II, released Dec. 1, 2011--- First orders received Dec. 22nd (about 22 days).

L.R., released March 20, 2012 -- First orders received April 3rd & 5th in the U.K. First order received April 9th in the U.S. (about 14-16 days for the U.K, and 20 days for U.S.).

Soundtracks box set, released March 6, 2015 -- First orders received March 9th & 12th (CDs). First vinyl received March 16th (about 3-10 days, give or take).

Chris Farlowe & The Thunderbirds, released April 30, 2017 -- First order received  May 4th (about 5 days).

I haven't  heard anything except for an email on 3 November concerning the delay. Up to now I haven't got any news and I am still waiting for my Vynil. I live in the Netherlands so it may take longer before they sent my order which I placed as soon as the release was announced in August.  

finally arrived my cd.nice sound but... someone cut-out any Relf introduction to the next song (except for some "thank you" or the last number "i m a man")Too bad. no fake crowd added (good). On cd 2 (studio tracks) Total time 25 mins... and "Knowing i am losing you"(tangerine) is the instrumental version... they included Avron knows and spanish blood in its intrumental and vocal version but no "knowing that..." with Relf's vocals?

On 11/10/2017 at 3:15 PM, tmtomh said:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/topic/16858-death-wish-ii-collectors-edition-soundtrack-lp-available-dec-1-2011/?do=findComment&comment=549588

On 11/15/2017 at 5:08 AM, JTM said:

Thank you for posting the liner notes and credits.  I have been googling everywhere trying to confirm that Jimmy Page did the artwork for the album cover.  This is a bonus, IMO.

Archived