Zeppelin best left to nostalgia

SamG

I'm sorry but I don't want to hear anything new from Led Zeppelin. It wouldn't bother me if they didn't tour either because I wouldn't go and I'd just be staring at an enormous TV screen if I did.

Face it, they left us with a fantastic legacy and they finished up on a high note.

The only exception I'd make is if new material was executed in such a way that it bared little resemblance to their former stuff, otherwise they're going to kill it!

Nostalgia is a far superior device.

After all, people still worship the Bible.

Jimmy and Zeppelin always had fun winding up the press and sending them on wild goose chases.....the comment about new material, I believe, was intended to incite more interest in the reunion show from fans and the press. I think you are right that 'new' Zeppelin is playing with fire....on the one hand something truly remarkable could result blowing all modern bands out of the water and futher cementing Zeppelin's place as THE BEST. On the other hand, the press have always been unkind about any change in direction for Zeppelin's music (the release of III for example). Would people be receptive?

Plant has a very successful career happening, and all the others are going along as they please. If Page really was passionate about the new material he claims to have, and wasn't able to convince the band, then hopefully he goes out and does it solo.....

I could imagine Zeppelin coming up with new jams or entirely new songs while on tour, but not necessarily with a view to recording them

I'm sorry but I don't want to hear anything new from Led Zeppelin. It wouldn't bother me if they didn't tour either because I wouldn't go and I'd just be staring at an enormous TV screen if I did.

Face it, they left us with a fantastic legacy and they finished up on a high note.

The only exception I'd make is if new material was executed in such a way that it bared little resemblance to their former stuff, otherwise they're going to kill it!

Nostalgia is a far superior device.

After all, people still worship the Bible.

Well I have to disagree... I think there's plenty of industry left in these guy's.You can be sure any album that they put out will be creative.They know the stakes. I wouldn't want a re-hash of old stuff either. All Zeppelin albums were somewhat different from each other. 29 years otta do the trick :blink:

Archived