Bring It On Home from Coda Deluxe Release

LedElvis75

OK-this might be over at the Hotel, and it might even be here... but I haven't looked in the Deluxe release threads for a while.

Does anyone know the story behind this version? I'm fascinated by just how F'ing good it is.  Blows my mind every time I play it.  Was it recorded to make the LZII release??  Or was it just a jam session?  What was its intended purpose?  It's just blistering on ALL levels.

The only problem I have with it is, I just wish it was about a full minute longer.

I loved this version the first few times I heard it, but then I started noticing how incredibly repetitious the guitar riff was and lost interest in it. Page sounds like he's really forcing that verse riff in there and it doesn't quite fit. But it also sounds like they're playing it much faster, so he might've struggled with the tempo. Bonzo is absolutely going crazy though, just imagine if he played like that on the album.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Mook said:

I was under the impression it was a 'live' studio run through.

Yup, that's what it is - an early run through. Recorded July 24, 1969 at Atlantic Studios, NY. The tape box is hand-written as "Bring It All Home".

On the release of this, i think it was a new york guy on this board, that  made a point to say, he thought it was the best song of the whole reissues....and i think i agree with that, for pure young energy and gumption. But there are others that are interesting for different reasons, creativity, heavy, vocal, guitar, drum, etc

• 3 weeks later...

Archived