2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Strider

On 12/5/2017 at 2:40 PM, Strider said:

Week 14 Schedule

Sunday, Dec. 10
Indianapolis at Buffalo 1:00 pm 

On 12/8/2017 at 3:58 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Anyway, CBS sports in its preview has Buffalo traveling to INDY.  Its not the case.  The game is in Buffalo.

Who are you gonna believe...me or CBS? 😜

New Orleans - L The Saints could have made things so much easier with a win. Now it's a logjam in the NFC South and Atlanta is still alive.

Buffalo. Goddammit Rick...I can finally unapologetically root for your Bills this week. I cannot stand the Dolts.

Carolina. My instinct tells me to keep riding the hot team in Minnesota. My instinct is usually wrong when it comes to Carolina games...so I'm going against it.

Cincinnati. What a shit-sandwich of a game. Every person attending should get a refund. When is Marvin Lewis going to get fired for running a losing, dirty team? Ain't nobody shedding tears for that POS Berfict.

Green Bay. The Packers still have a playoff chance while the Browns need to lose so as not to lose their #1 to San Francisco or the Giants.

San Francisco. I believe the '49ers may have found their quarterback...and didn't have to give up too much to New England to get him.

Seattle. You've seen Seattle's record in the month of December. 

Oakland. The freaking Giants and Jets have beaten Kansas City. If Oakland cannot win this game then coach Jack Del Rio should be fired.

Detroit. Why Bong-Man? Why do I keep thinking Detroit will turn a corner? 

Arizona. Meh. Neither team instills confidence in a betting-man. Basically a coin-flip game.

Denver. Only because the Broncos are at home and I don't trust the Jets on the road.

Chargers. I hate picking the Carson Chumps. But they control their playoff destiny while I think the Redskins have quit on Gruden and this season.

Rams. Rams and Eagles in a Battle for NFC Supremacy? Just shows how topsy-turvy the NFL can be one season to the next (save New England).

Dallas. In Hollywood, Eli comes back to lead the Giants to victory and get revenge for his benching. But I'm not buying it.

Pittsburgh. Baltimore-Pittsburgh is usually the most brutal rivalry. Which makes one wonder how they will top last week's Bengals-Steelers brawl.

New England. Gronk deserved a bigger suspension. That was a chickenshit cheapshot. But even without Gronk, New England is better than Miami and still highly motivated to win out and finish ahead of Pittsburgh.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Where is jabe?

"Punch drunk and without bail"

Buffalo
Carolina
Chicago
Green Bay
San Francisco
Seattle
KC
Detroit
Arizona
Denver
Chargers
Phil
NY Giants
Pittsburgh
New England

I had New Orleans in my mind earlier on Thursday. Didn't remember until second half I did not get my picks in.

Junio:

Buffalo 
Minnesota 
Chicago
Green Bay
Houston
Jacksonville (in a game that can get ugly)
Kansas City (finally)
Detroit
Tennessee
NY Jets
Chargers
Philadelphia (in a close one, perhaps in OT)
NY Giants (in an emotional win)
Pittsburgh
New England

2 hours ago, jabe said:

"Punch drunk and without bail"

Buffalo
Carolina
Chicago
Green Bay
San Francisco
Seattle
KC
Detroit
Arizona
Denver
Chargers
Phil
NY Giants
Pittsburgh
New England

I had New Orleans in my mind earlier on Thursday. Didn't remember until second half I did not get my picks in.

Damn Jabe, I hope you were not really in the can?  LOL>  Go BILLS!!  And Rams

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, Strider said:

Yes, ebk, I agree.

Andy Panther was the first to raise this whole conspiracy theory and he doesn't even play. He was just trying to create trouble. Rick, if you are allowing Andy to manipulate you into keeping this nonsense up, I advise you to stop pronto or I will remove you from the pool.

I have spoken to the Walter family and exchanged mail...I know they exist and they submit their own picks. They don't deserve this bullshit that Andy started...and neither does this thread. If you can't play nice then you will be booted along with Andy.

If you are joking then you need to work on your wording...or add some emoticons to show you are kidding around. Although the joke is stale by now anyway.

No, I was not wishing to create trouble. Those were your words, Sean. And you are not always right. You are wrong in this case as well. If you wish to bring me into it Sean, fine. I haven't posted "Here". So I haven't brought me here, until you did, Sean. ;) Thank you!! I am NOT manipulating Rick. I would rather call him by his screen name. "Ledzeppelin 77" After all, he did see the band in person. Let's give some respect to him. Ok? 77, did I brainwash you? No? :lol: 

Yet you do not respect screen names. To you, no longer am I Andy. You are trying to create some conflict. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that point of view. I am on Sam's website, not yours. Ya know, I have tried to talk with you, personally about this. I don't care to bring you on to things personally. Yet, you do to me. Weird. I thought better of U.

No. I was creating honesty. Check the Ip-address. I would bet it is the same as Walter's. If I am wrong, let Sam state as much. ;) I haven't been booted Sean, unless of course you aren't playing fair. I chose not to play, nor post. I would suggest giving Rick 3 picks from the same address he posts from as well, to be fair. (As well as everyone else.) Let them have 3 hands each to choose and let it be retro to be fair to everyone. Let each participant, have 2 other hands to be all wins - no losses to now. By the way, who won last year? A member of the forum? Or a friend of yours? I dunno. I didn't play last year due to the NFL becoming political. I have no dog in the hunt, therefore nothing to lose. The only care I have is the name of the thread, if you wish to be fair. I knew and respected Brett. I like '77 too. I think Rick ('77) has a brain. Sue me. Rick ('77) Go rob Fort Knox *Beep Beep Beep*. Strider, I don't think he robbed it.

Thank you for bringing me up to a thread I haven't even posted in. Classy! I wish the best of luck to all (including those playing as 3.) It's sad that you brought me into a thread I didn't wish to partake. Potted Plant (Brett) (May she rest in peace) wouldn't approve. I speak to her family. We shouldn't drag this out. But YOU brought me into this thread. ;) 

19 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

No, I was not wishing to create trouble. Those were your words, Sean. And you are not always right. You are wrong in this case as well. If you wish to bring me into it Sean, fine. I haven't posted "Here". So I haven't brought me here, until you did, Sean. ;) Thank you!! I am NOT manipulating Rick. I would rather call him by his screen name. "Ledzeppelin 77" After all, he did see the band in person. Let's give some respect to him. Ok? 77, did I brainwash you? No? :lol: 

Yet you do not respect screen names. To you, no longer am I Andy. You are trying to create some conflict. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that point of view. I am on Sam's website, not yours. Ya know, I have tried to talk with you, personally about this. I don't care to bring you on to things personally. Yet, you do to me. Weird. I thought better of U.

No. I was creating honesty. Check the Ip-address. I would bet it is the same as Walter's. If I am wrong, let Sam state as much. ;) I haven't been booted Sean, unless of course you aren't playing fair. I chose not to play, nor post. I would suggest giving Rick 3 picks from the same address he posts from as well, to be fair. (As well as everyone else.) Let them have 3 hands each to choose and let it be retro to be fair to everyone. Let each participant, have 2 other hands to be all wins - no losses to now. By the way, who won last year? A member of the forum? Or a friend of yours? I dunno. I didn't play last year due to the NFL becoming political. I have no dog in the hunt, therefore nothing to lose. The only care I have is the name of the thread, if you wish to be fair. I knew and respected Brett. I like '77 too. I think Rick ('77) has a brain. Sue me. Rick ('77) Go rob Fort Knox *Beep Beep Beep*. Strider, I don't think he robbed it.

Thank you for bringing me up to a thread I haven't even posted in. Classy! I wish the best of luck to all (including those playing as 3.) It's sad that you brought me into a thread I didn't wish to partake. Potted Plant (Brett) (May she rest in peace) wouldn't approve. I speak to her family. We shouldn't drag this out. But YOU brought me into this thread. ;) 

Here we go again. You know, for someone who just got out of surgery, you sure do worry about some silly shit. And like your comrade in the White House, you just pile on lie after lie and hope someone buys it. Unless you really are that forgetful and cannot remember what you post.

Frankly, we had already sussed everything out and LedZeppfan77 explained how he was joking. So, of course you come along a week later to try to roil the waters again. We're onto your game. 

Here's the proof YOU brought YOURSELF into this and were the first to cast aspersions on Walter way back on October 7 in the NFL Thread.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:47 PM, apantherfrommd said:

Same as I said in January - The NFL this year... it's no wonder the ratings are down. I crapped it out when Crappernick made a show out of crapping on our National Anthem.

Football is football! Why bring political or racial crap into football? I love football. You know I do, Sean! But I would watch football to escape from the political crap. I don't watch it to see someone bring a statement into it, that's irrelevant of the sport. Then O'Bumbles has to make a statement on it. Gimme a break.

I hear ya Jonesy. The NFl fan-base has gone down almost 40%. Sad. I guess I was too early and ahead of the curve 10 months ago. But my feelings are the same as a core of the NFl base. Why do politicking during our National Anthem? If you have a problem with the POTUS, why do it during our anthem. Our anthem is inclusive of one thing - "We The People". To take a knee for it is an admission to screwing it. Does anyone wish to disagree with me? Didn't think so. :P

This crap stopped me from playing the Potted Plant Memorial Thread last year. Strider, she would actually be ashamed. Not just for the fact that you allowed one player to play 3 decks of cards trying to win (Walter ... cough, cough) , but she would disagree on the players taking a knee when it comes to standing up for our country. I knew Brett very well. She would give a thumbs down to your contest. Change the name.

At least be a man and own up to your shit-stirring. This passive-aggressive behavouir of yours (Oh ___ you're the best! Oh ___ you're the best foreva and eva! ) is so transparent.

I didn't mention anything about you that we discussed in private. All I said was already public knowledge courtesy of your own posts. Deal with it. Perhaps you should stop being a busy-body trying to spread bullshit and instead concentrate on your recovery from surgery? We wouldn't want you to suffer a setback during Christmas. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Please don't send me any more PMs. I don't care anymore...if that makes me the bad guy, so be it. Life is too short.

Back to the pool, jabe ran away with the week! Even getting his picks in late, he only lost three games to clinch Week 14 victory, as everyone has New England tonight. Maybe you should make your picks late every week, jabe? 😏

31 minutes ago, Strider said:

Here we go again. You know, for someone who just got out of surgery, you sure do worry about some silly shit. And like your comrade in the White House, you just pile on lie after lie and hope someone buys it. Unless you really are that forgetful and cannot remember what you post.

Frankly, we had already sussed everything out and LedZeppfan77 explained how he was joking. So, of course you come along a week later to try to roil the waters again. We're onto your game. 

Here's the proof YOU brought YOURSELF into this and were the first to cast aspersions on Walter way back on October 7 in the NFL Thread.

At least be a man and own up to your shit-stirring. This passive-aggressive behavouir of yours (Oh ___ you're the best! Oh ___ you're the best foreva and eva! ) is so transparent.

I didn't mention anything about you that we discussed in private. All I said was already public knowledge courtesy of your own posts. Deal with it. Perhaps you should stop being a busy-body trying to spread bullshit and instead concentrate on your recovery from surgery? We wouldn't want you to suffer a setback during Christmas. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Please don't send me any more PMs. I don't care anymore...if that makes me the bad guy, so be it. Life is too short.

You're not the bad guy. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you.

What the fuck?

I’ll say it if nobody else will.  Get a grip, get a life, and grow the fuck up.  It’s a football picking thread on a rock bands’ forum.

My wife signed up using her email, on her phone and has made most of her posts on her phone, unless it was charging.  You really need to get a fuckin life.  

Good bye, Merry Christmas, and don’t bother to respond to me here or PM.  

✌🏼

13 minutes ago, ebk said:

So I'm guessing I went from first to worst...?  :) 

Not quite...zepscoda beat you to the basement at 4-12.

Congratulations jabe! You won your first week of the year. :cheer:

Week 14 Results

jabe: 12-4*

Bong-Man: 10-6

paul carruthers: 10-6

Strider: 10-6

the chase: 9-7

Junior: 9-7

LedZeppfan77: 8-8

Mrs. W: 8-8

Walter: 7-9

ebk: 6-10

zepscoda: 4-12

Season Standings After 208 Games

1. the chase: 140-68***

2. Bong-Man: 139-69**

3. Strider: 138-70*

4. Junior: 135-73***

4. Mrs. W: 135-73*

5. ebk: 133-75**

6. Walter: 125-83

7. zepscoda: 122-86*

8. jabe: 121-87*

9. LedZeppfan77: 117-91*

10. paul carruthers: 105-87*

I'm a bit dumb-founded.  Strider openly solicited at one point for some fresh blood in the pool as some regulars had dropped out.  If the O'Malley's, Chase, and others wouldn't have joined, we wouldn't have even had enough players to have the pool, or make it worthwhile.  Now we have people accusing Walter of 'fixing things', when he's the only participant that hasn't won a week.   If he's fixing things, he sure is doing a lousy job ! (no offense Walter)

I blame this all on fake news and the opiate crisis.  It seems the thing to do these days.  Now if one of the ladies will claim some form of unwanted sexual advance towards their picks (preferably be a North Korean),  we'll have all the current issues covered.  

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Back to the pool, jabe ran away with the week! Even getting his picks in late, he only lost three games to clinch Week 14 victory, as everyone has New England tonight. Maybe you should make your picks late every week, jabe? 😏

I had Miami for the record.  And also for the record Walter did not take it as a joke.  But I was joking as he did not have all 3 members picking from day 1 to my knowledge.  I could care less.  No money.  If this was for money I assure you I would be picking games with my head and not my heart.

Week 15 Schedule*

*Take note that there are two Saturday games this week!

Thursday, Dec. 14 TIME(ET)
Denver at Indianapolis 8:25 pm

Saturday, Dec. 16
Chicago at Detroit 4:30 pm
Carson Chargers at Kansas City 8:25 pm

Sunday, Dec. 17
Miami at Buffalo 1:00 pm
Green Bay at Carolina 1:00 pm
Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Houston at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Cincinnati at Minnesota 1:00 pm
NY Jets at New Orleans 1:00 pm
Philadelphia at NY Giants 1:00 pm
Arizona at Washington 1:00 pm
LA Rams at Seattle 4:05 pm
New England at Pittsburgh 4:25 pm
Tennessee at San Francisco 4:25 pm
Dallas at Oakland 8:30 pm

Monday, Dec. 18
Atlanta at Tampa Bay 8:30 pm

Strangest thing I ever saw on Vegas line. Buffalo -3 if Taylor starts.  -1 if he does not.  Its right on 5 dimes. My picks.

Indy

Detroit

LA Chargers

Buffalo

Carolina

Baltimore

Houston

Minnesota

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Washington

Los Angeles Rams

Pittsburgh

San Francisco

Oakland

Atlanta

10 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I'm a bit dumb-founded.  Strider openly solicited at one point for some fresh blood in the pool as some regulars had dropped out.  If the O'Malley's, Chase, and others wouldn't have joined, we wouldn't have even had enough players to have the pool, or make it worthwhile.  Now we have people accusing Walter of 'fixing things', when he's the only participant that hasn't won a week.   If he's fixing things, he sure is doing a lousy job ! (no offense Walter)

I blame this all on fake news and the opiate crisis.  It seems the thing to do these days.  Now if one of the ladies will claim some form of unwanted sexual advance towards their picks (preferably be a North Korean),  we'll have all the current issues covered.  

No offense taken. I can’t seem to pick games for the life of me anymore. I really don’t pay as much attention to the teams as much as match ups because of fantasy football anymore. But I can’t use that as an excuse because junior is all over both.  Difference between having multiple careers and being a middle schooler, I guess. 

Archived