2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Strider

And so...the regular season comes to an end on the last day of 2017. Can it really be the final week? If so, then this is your last chance to score a perfect 16-0...or if you are perverse, a 0-16. 

Walter is the lone wolf among us yet to win a week, so I would like to see him win one since his Cowboys blew their shot at the playoffs.

My team, Bong-Man's team, and several others have also blown their playoff chances. But a few players still have some hope for their teams...like Junior (Seattle), jabe (Atlanta), and Rick (Buffalo).

ALL GAMES this week are on Sunday and during the day...no Sunday Night Football. That means you can watch all the football and still make your New Year's Eve parties.

Good luck everyone and may you have a rocking New Year's Eve! For Auld Lang Syne.

Week 17 Schedule

Sunday, Dec. 31 TIME(ET)

Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 pm (Dreams of this Norris Division showdown having playoff implications went up in smoke...oh well, at least we can celebrate the end of the Jim Caldwell Era! Detroit won't be stupid enough to bring him back, will they? Also, will they risk Stafford in a meaningless game?)

Houston at Indianapolis 1:00 pm (Two teams going nowhere)

Chicago at Minnesota 1:00 pm (How much cooler would this game be in an outdoor stadium?)

NY Jets at New England 1:00 pm (#1 Seed is still up for grabs I think, so New England still has something to play for)

Washington at NY Giants 1:00 pm (Kirk Cousins last game with the Taters? Eli's last game with the G-Men?)

Dallas at Philadelphia 1:00 pm (Philadelphia looks lost without Wentz...Jerry Jones has some hard decisions to make in off-season)

Cleveland at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm (Come on Cleveland...don't blow your chance at ignominy now! The Browns are quite creative at blowing games and snatching defeat from victory)

Buffalo at Miami 4:25 pm (Buffalo's playoff chances are slim and none...and slim just left town)

Carolina at Atlanta 4:25 pm (Win and Atlanta is in...if Carolina wins then Seattle gets in with a win over Arizona)

Cincinnati at Baltimore 4:25 pm (I imagine Harbaugh's job is safe but what about Marvin Lewis?)

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 4:25 pm (Drew Brees fastest to 70,000 yards...thank god he was lucky to be traded from San Diego)

Jacksonville at Tennessee 4:25 pm (Who out there predicted Jacksonville would rise up from the depths before Tennessee? And with all that travel to and from London!)

Kansas City at Denver 4:25 pm (Is Brock Osweiler a mirage? Is Alex Smith?)

San Francisco at LA Rams 4:25 pm (Almost like the old days when these two ruled the division)

Oakland at Carson Chargers 4:25 pm (Which number will be higher: points scored or fights in the stands?)

Arizona at Seattle 4:25 pm (Seattle needs Carolina to beat Atlanta)

And the Bills will not know their fate until late.  All the games concerning them and their own game start late.  4:25 pm.  My picks

Detroit

Indy

Minnesota

New England

Washington

Philly

Pittsburgh

Buffalo (slim is Bullshit.  Bills must win and either Baltimore must lose or Tennessee must lose to Jacksonville and Chargers to Oakland-Bills get in

Atlanta

Cincy  (help is on the way-Baltimore sucked vs Indy and I rate Cincy better due to Dalton)

New Orleans

Jacksonville ( if Marone does not sit his whole team to screw my Bills)

KC

Los Angeles Rams  ( the team I will be cheering for)

Oakland (had Philly on ropes, Chargers far lesser opponent)

Seattle (might still get in, Carolina winning is no stretch)

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Cincy  (help is on the way-Baltimore sucked vs Indy and I rate Cincy better due to Dalton)

Interested in what that's based on. Take a peek here http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr and you'll see Dalton ranked 28th out of 31, 3 notches below Flacco. If Andy Dalton has proved anything, it's that he is consistently inconsistent and not destined for greatness. Bengal-wise I could hang my hopes on the likes of Carlos Dunlap, Giovani Bernard, Vontaze Burfict, AJ Green if he is backed with a decent game plan...But Dalton? No. AJ needs to hook up with an quality QB and offensive coordinator before his best years have passed him by...

Needing the Ravens to lose so your team can squeak into the playoffs only to be stomped unmercifully doesn't make Dalton a better QB than he really is. But by all means, let's hear more about next year!!!

31 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Interested in what that's based on. Take a peek here http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr and you'll see Dalton ranked 28th out of 31, 3 notches below Flacco. If Andy Dalton has proved anything, it's that he is consistently inconsistent and not destined for greatness. Bengal-wise I could hang my hopes on the likes of Carlos Dunlap, Giovani Bernard, Vontaze Burfict, AJ Green if he is backed with a decent game plan...But Dalton? No. AJ needs to hook up with an quality QB and offensive coordinator before his best years have passed him by...

Needing the Ravens to lose so your team can squeak into the playoffs only to be stomped unmercifully doesn't make Dalton a better QB than he really is. But by all means, let's hear more about next year!!!

I do not think Jacksonville puts any fear in the Bills.  That is the only game I would want.  Mahone.  Other than that, we have a ton of draft picks for once to cash in on.  And I think SF will do business with us

8 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not think Jacksonville puts any fear in the Bills.  That is the only game I would want.  Mahone.  

I think the truth of the matter is the Bills don't instill any fear in the Jaguars or Doug Marrone. Or any team at this point. Maybe next year after the acquire all the perfect draft picks and get all the perfect coaches and dial in the perfect game plan and execute flawlessly all season without having any injuries to key players and the crooked refs stop picking on them. Then, maybe.

23 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

I think the truth of the matter is the Bills don't instill any fear in the Jaguars or Doug Marrone. Or any team at this point. Maybe next year after the acquire all the perfect draft picks and get all the perfect coaches and dial in the perfect game plan and execute flawlessly all season without having any injuries to key players and the crooked refs stop picking on them. Then, maybe.

I like the new head coach.  Fine with him.  And the draft picks will help.  I believe they will attempt to trade up.  They have enough picks where someone like SF who will not take a QB would be crazy to pass it up.  

On 12/26/2017 at 4:56 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And the Bills will not know their fate until late.  All the games concerning them and their own game start late.  4:25 pm.  My picks

Detroit

Indy

Minnesota

New England

Washington

Philly

Pittsburgh

Buffalo (slim is Bullshit.  Bills must win and either Baltimore must lose or Tennessee must lose to Jacksonville and Chargers to Oakland-Bills get in

Atlanta

New Orleans

Jacksonville ( if Marone does not sit his whole team to screw my Bills)

KC

Los Angeles Rams  ( the team I will be cheering for)

Oakland (had Philly on ropes, Chargers far lesser opponent)

Seattle (might still get in, Carolina winning is no stretch)

Please change my Philly pick to Dallas.  Philly likely to sit their best.

Houston at Indianapolis 

Chicago at Minnesota

NY Jets at New England 

Washington at NY Giants 

Dallas at Philadelphia 

Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Buffalo at Miami 

Carolina at Atlanta

Cincinnati at Baltimore 

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 

Jacksonville at Tennessee 

Kansas City at Denver 

San Francisco at LA Rams 

Oakland at Carson Chargers 

Arizona at Seattle 

PHILADELPHIA (+2.5) over Dallas
Washington (-3.5) over NY GIANTS
MINNESOTA (-12.5) over Chicago
DETROIT (-7.5) over Green Bay
Houston (+4.5) over INDIANAPOLIS
NY Jets (+15.5) over NEW ENGLAND
PITTSBURGH (-13.5) over Cleveland
SEATTLE (-7.5) over Arizona
New Orleans (-7.5) over TAMPA BAY
Carolina (+3.5) over ATLANTA
San Francisco (+4.5) over LA RAMS
MIAMI (+2.5) over Buffalo
Cincinnati (+9.5) over BALTIMORE
Jacksonville (+6.5) over TENNESSEE
Kansas City (+3.5) over DENVER
Oakland (+8.5) over LA CHARGERS

Sean  please ignore the point spread, I just copy & pasted the teams I'm picking in my work pool.

happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for your great work once again, Strider.
Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

Detroit
Indianapolis
Minnesota
New England
NY Giants
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Atlanta
Cincy
New Orleans
Jacksonville
KC
LARams
Carson City
Seattle
Crimson Tide

16 hours ago, ebk said:

Houston at Indianapolis 

Chicago at Minnesota

NY Jets at New England 

Washington at NY Giants 

Dallas at Philadelphia 

Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Buffalo at Miami 

Carolina at Atlanta

Cincinnati at Baltimore 

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 

Jacksonville at Tennessee 

Kansas City at Denver 

San Francisco at LA Rams 

Oakland at Carson Chargers 

Arizona at Seattle 

You forgot Green Bay @ Detroit pick.

Welcome back Paul! Happy New Year everyone!

Detroit

Indianapolis

Minnesota

New England

Washington

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Carolina

Baltimore

New Orleans

Jacksonville

Kansas City

San Francisco

Chargers

Seattle

All right, quickly the numbers boil down to this...a three-way tie for first with Bong-Man, the chase and myself finishing 175-81 (I think we beat all of CBS football experts).

By way of the tiebreaker, Bong-Man and the chase each won three weeks while I only won one week. So that eliminates me.

Now, are you guys content to finish tied for first or do you want to use the College Playoff games tomorrow to break the tie?

If so, give me your picks and predicted score for tomorrow's Rose Bowl (Georgia vs. Oklahoma) and Sugar Bowl (Clemson vs. Alabama).

Archived