New song, The Eternal Tale

nemophilist

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. This is the first song that I've posted with myself playing drums, bass, and both electric and acoustic guitar. It's a little rough, it sounds pretty damn good to my ears in just about any car I play it in but it just doesn't translate as well on the laptop. Well it is rough, definitely not finished but I just figured I'd post it for some feedback and maybe some of you will take a liking to it. Tell me what you guys think.

Hi nemophilist.  I like it. Main riff is very good. It needs some trimming. There is dead air for the 1st 30 seconds and the last couple minutes should be editted off. Nothing that can't be fixed. Try adding something each loop, another guitar, strings, some percussion etc.. Again strong riff, you're onto something. Thanks for posting it. 

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for taking the time to listen! I know, I need to cut all of my fooling around at the end out, I actually turned that one little riff in to a song.

I actually recorded that song back in January/February as a rough sketch and started working on other material that kept me from doing things like adding addition guitar tracks, properly recording the solo with some slight reverb, although I think being that I just moved in to a house I'll be able to set up my mics in a way that would capture the natural ambience of the room I have my amp in. Plus I had some other thing going on that kept me from practicing like I usually do so my fingers were not nearly as fluent as usual. So yeah there's definitely some cleaning up and filling out that needs to be done. It's very basic, two guitar tracks (one acoustic, one electric), the overdub for the solo, bass and drums (electric drums, wish I had an acoustic set for the proper representation).

Really I just need to and want to meet some musicians that'll share a common vision with me. Then things would get done a lot quicker when it comes to recording because I'd just need to focus on recording the guitar tracks, and everything would just sound a lot better all the way around, plus I yearn for that musical companionship.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually just realized(foolishly I didn't listen to the track before posting it) that the version I posted was kind of just a throw away, rough sketch that I made for my car, mainly the guitar solo which was kind of just me fooling around before I laid down the actual guitar solo. As I said just to make sure the levels were right for car stereos. So here is the updated version, the one I meant to post. Still needs the work that I mentioned above but the guitar solo is better.

Archived