Knebworth 1979 Backstage pass t-shirt

Hi, I'm looking for some help in regards to a t-shirt owned by my dad. He works in Television and was fortunate enough to film the 1979 Led Zeppelin concert at Knebworth. He was given a t-shirt that doubled as a backstage pass. Just shy of 40 years on he has decided to sell this extremely rare piece of memorabilia. Can anyone recommend where he could sell this item? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Attached are some photos of the t-shirt.

Many thanks, Cristabel

59b65949da5e6_LedZt-shirt2.thumb.jpeg.c5e66281e1ea7af8f4d93a73c037bd52.jpeg59b65959607bb_LedZt-shirt1.thumb.jpeg.406c0f4c8ff01f10faea8234b3e88527.jpeg

Great piece of nostalgia there, Cristabel.

I'm sure a fan will pounce on it.

Would be great if you could ask your dad if they filmed any rehearsal and soundcheck footage, and kept the tapes, or any other backstage stuff, etc, in addition to the two main performances.

3 hours ago, Cristabel Nye said:

Hi, I'm looking for some help in regards to a t-shirt owned by my dad. He works in Television and was fortunate enough to film the 1979 Led Zeppelin concert at Knebworth. He was given a t-shirt that doubled as a backstage pass. Just shy of 40 years on he has decided to sell this extremely rare piece of memorabilia. Can anyone recommend where he could sell this item? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Attached are some photos of the t-shirt.

Many thanks, Cristabel

59b65949da5e6_LedZt-shirt2.thumb.jpeg.c5e66281e1ea7af8f4d93a73c037bd52.jpeg59b65959607bb_LedZt-shirt1.thumb.jpeg.406c0f4c8ff01f10faea8234b3e88527.jpeg

eBay auction would probably fetch a good proper value. If he's not already a seller though it could be daunting getting through all the initial account set up crap. An auction site might be easier but the commission may be more. I'd love to bid on it but it would probably exceed my budget! 

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Love how people like Cristabel come on this forum looking for advice on selling/valuing Zep memorabilia, then get it, and don't even bother posting to say thanks.

Well said mate. Bloody rude if you ask me

1 hour ago, Boleskinner said:

Love how people like Cristabel come on this forum looking for advice on selling/valuing Zep memorabilia, then get it, and don't even bother posting to say thanks.

17 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Well said mate. Bloody rude if you ask me

She may have had a family emergency.  She may have thanked Sam via private message, or she may have forgotten to do so at all. It's rude to call people out based on assumptions. 

Archived