Dear Jimmy, When you produce the DVD...

They should definitely include the Youtube videos from "strummer356" - or better contact him and get the original camera videos, they have to be even better! Great videos, if mixed with a good sound source they could easily be the "bootlegging the bootleggers" part of the upcoming DVD!

You know, there were professional camera crew in amongst the crowd on the night? A guy with a handheld camera was stood a few feet from me the whole gig, filming it from a fans point of view. He had official accreditation (which he had to flash a few times to the stewards). He also had a backup guy swapping out tapes and/or batteries. The guy next to me had #2 on his camera, so I figured there must be a few of them dotted about.

I was stood about 10 rows back, in front of Jimmy Page. So, whatever he recorded on that camera would have been a great shot. He took plenty of crowd shots too, pointing the camera into our faces during various bits of the gig.

So, professional footage but from a 'youtube' perspective. :)

A cd of the show would be great as well. With all the recorded and video footage on -youtube, i would think they would release both. A cd release as soon as possible would make alot of sense for fans and raising money for the -ahmet ertegun foundation.

Motion Picture Copyrights

A film is a derivative work, or in other words, it is based on many other existing works that may also have been copyrighted. Even a film based on an original screenplay is derivative because the film by necessity is based on the screenplay itself. A filmmaker must make sure to acquire the rights to all of the works the film is based on.

I'm guessing that Frank Capra didn't have any protection over It's A Wonderful Life in his producers contract. I remember back in the 1980's when Ted Turner started the colorizing of films, he supposely tried to have Citizen Cane colorized and Orson Welles' production of the film was completely protected in the contract and was in no way allowed to be altered. I guess you can do it if you get approval from the producers and depending what kind of legal protection you have over your work. It would have been nice to have on the 2nd DVD of TSRTS all the concert footage without the fantasy sequences. I'm sure someone will compile as much of a complete version of this for the bootleg market.

Archived