Misprinted record labels

Boyinaute

• 2 years later...

My friend has the In Thru The Out Door original 1979 album.  Now on side one it has the normal label with the correct listed songs.  On side two it's still the Swan Song label ....but, Has the listings for Bad Company songs that were put out in 1975.  Straight Shooter side 2.  Any ideas?  I can't really find anything about this particular misprint.   thanx

On 5/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, Bumbleybee23 said:

My friend has the In Thru The Out Door original 1979 album.  Now on side one it has the normal label with the correct listed songs.  On side two it's still the Swan Song label ....but, Has the listings for Bad Company songs that were put out in 1975.  Straight Shooter side 2.  Any ideas?  I can't really find anything about this particular misprint.   thanx

Those types of errors are uncommon, but not particularly valued. There would be a premium of, I'd say, 50% at most.

15 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Can I enquire what is the most rare/prized misprint. The equal of a Penny Black in stamp collecting for example.

Well if you're a culture club fan there's this..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/CULTURE-CLUB-Karma-Chameleon-RARE-7-MISPRESS-MISPRINT-ROBERT-PLANT-Led-Zeppelin/383475436691?hash=item5948eacc93:g:AScAAOSw49BeeKol

• 2 weeks later...

I think the most prized misprint is the few pressings of the Irish edition of the 4th LP that had Asylum labels: https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Untitled/release/6420213

There was also the Turkish sleeve for the Immigrant Song with a misspelled title: https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Immigrant-Song-Hey-Hey-What-Can-I-Do/release/4520637

Allegedly when they realized the mistake they just pulled the sleeve and didn't release a corrected version.

Edited by Pb!
spelling

The rarest mistakes are when one side of the record is from an entirely different release. This 90's release of Houses has a Green Day record on one side and supposedly sold for over $1000:  htps://www.discogs.com/Green-Day-Led-Zeppelin-Dookie-Houses-Of-The-Holy/release/7184799  

The price seems way out of line but all it takes is one looney.

Edited by Pb!
spelling

• 2 years later...
On 6/14/2022 at 5:17 PM, Pagosa antiques said:

Hi, any help would be great. I have a Led Zeppelin 4 and the picture of "the Hermit" is backwards on the inside. Does anybody have any idea what it would be worth with this kind of misprint? Thanks

Can you post a pic?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I have a red label Led Zeppelin II album and have just discovered that the label on side 2 is misprinted with Aretha Franklin This Girl’s in Love With You side 2 information. 
I can’t seem to find any info on this as I’ve never heard of this. how rare is this record? Any ideas as to value?   Thanks in advance