Robert Plant US tour 2018

Bozoso73

These damn tickets are going super fast… Third in line today and got 17th row at Phoenix Symphony hall on 28th February. . Wanted to do better than that but at least I'm in the building :-) anybody else seeing this tour let's hear it!!?!?:):):)

You probably saw my friend Shari there, she was first in line, she told me she got 2nd row tickets and she told me a guy behind her got 17th row. That was you, right??? She and I and lpman and some of his friends are going to meet up at the concert, you should meet up with us!  I ended up getting a seat in row 22. It's been 7 years since Plant has performed in Phoenix and I was bummed that he passed Phoenix on the last two mini tours he did. I am very very excited that he is coming back here! :)

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

You probably saw my friend Shari there, she was first in line, she told me she got 2nd row tickets and she told me a guy behind her got 17th row. That was you, right??? She and I and lpman and some of his friends are going to meet up at the concert, you should meet up with us!  I ended up getting a seat in row 22. It's been 7 years since Plant has performed in Phoenix and I was bummed that he passed Phoenix on the last two mini tours he did. I am very very excited that he is coming back here! :)

Unbelievable how one person can be in 2nd row with person behind them getting tickets in 17th row. Then you get 22nd row. Doesn't that sound odd? Sounds like more shenanigans with Ticketmaster/ Stubhubb and/or ticket brokers during the presales. I think I'm done with going to major concerts  (unless there is a real level playing field enforced ; where brokers / scalpers are declared illegal business practices once again). Sounds like they want to take every bit of fun out of the experience. For those of you who got decent tickets enjoy. 

R😎

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Damn right! Let's all meet up before the show for drinks, a meet and greet so to speak, and on to the show...

3 hours ago, reids said:

Unbelievable how one person can be in 2nd row with person behind them getting tickets in 17th row. Then you get 22nd row. Doesn't that sound odd? Sounds like more shenanigans with Ticketmaster/ Stubhubb and/or ticket brokers during the presales. I think I'm done with going to major concerts  (unless there is a real level playing field enforced ; where brokers / scalpers are declared illegal business practices once again). Sounds like they want to take every bit of fun out of the experience. For those of you who got decent tickets enjoy. 

R😎

I started getting mine online at 10 am sharp when they went on sale. There was only a "corporate" pre-sale in Phoenix yesterday. Yeah, ticket brokers have been getting away with it for a long time now, I don't think it used to not be as bad. It seems like they snatch up more tickets now than before and it makes it harder for fans. I mean the whole standing area pit (right in front of the stage) which I wanted was sold out already when tickets went on sale. But I am just happy to be in the building, and it is a very small venue that holds around 2000 people, so every seat is a good one.

6 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

ahahaha yes lets get together before the show:):):) what a small world.. . Not knowing how long he will tour this could be it. . He'll be in cold ass CO before us and then Oaktown after which tells me he might be here for a few days. . I must meet the man and get a pic with him so there might be a little detective work to find out where hes staying. . 

4 hours ago, reids said:

R😎

I have to admit I was almost tearing up . . 2nd to 17??? FKN HELL. . But Im in the building. . Percy for the 5th time and probably the last. . 

11 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

ahahaha yes lets get together before the show:):):) what a small world.. . Not knowing how long he will tour this could be it. . He'll be in cold ass CO before us and then Oaktown after which tells me he might be here for a few days. . I must meet the man and get a pic with him so there might be a little detective work to find out where hes staying. . 

I was lucky enough to meet and chat with Plant and Page both during their respective stops in Phoenix back in 85'. Back then most touring musicians stayed at the Pointe Tapatio Hilton on 7th St just south of Thunderbird Rd. due to both location and luxury. My HS friend worked there in banqueting so he knew who was there, when they were there, and where they hung out when there which was typically the bar at the Pointe of View restaurant. Mike would ring me at home and say, "get your ass down here NOW!!! So and so is holding court in the bar."

I doubt Plant would be staying there now though, the place has really not aged very well and needs major renovations. My guess is he will likely stay at the Hayatt Regency directly adjacent to Symphony Hall in which case the Compass Room or The Nash jazz bar right down the road will be the likely place for a post-gig Plant spotting. However as this is a Monday night, the Compass Room will close at 11pm thus depending on Plant's energy level, if he only wants a nightcap, the Compass is the likely spot, but if he is up for some music and fun, my money would be on The Nash.

22 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

I have to admit I was almost tearing up . . 2nd to 17??? FKN HELL. . But Im in the building. . Percy for the 5th time and probably the last. . 

Something is seriously wrong (wirefraud???, ticket sellers websites hacked???, super secret fan clubs??? , credit card companies in collusion with execs buying the floor and reselling / flipping them on bub snubb  ????) when most of the floor tickets are gone before presales start. A federal investigation needs to be done. 

R😳

all of the above. . what a joke . . 1988 I went to Park Central mall early A.M. to get tix for Non Stop Go. . was like 40th in line. . It was my second ever show and my first time getting tix. . I didnt see a tix person for what seemed like a half hour easy. . Mona and I had great seats. . I plan on writing symphony hall to voice my opinion but should I? No one cares that these shows are a dying breed to us common fan and in the end we're all sheep. . BUT I am in the building. . :):):)

Having worked in the media, one can write / call, etc (BBB, State Attorneys General for each state, local & national news media: radio, tv stations, internet) as November sweeps are approaching. They're always looking for human interest & investigative reporting stories. As a fan of Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin and many other classic rock bands, something has to be done about these unfair business practices relating to Concert ticket sales. Some are saying they are doing some work but it hasn't been enough or quick enough to make an impact to swing things back to being a level playing field for the true fans. The same thing has been going on in sporting tickets as well. We can make a difference if we don't buy the tickets at the resale prices (from scalpers / brokers) and / or if we don't play their game. They'll have to change. 

R😎

6 hours ago, reids said:

Having worked in the media, one can write / call, etc (BBB, State Attorneys General for each state, local & national news media: radio, tv stations, internet) as November sweeps are approaching. They're always looking for human interest & investigative reporting stories. As a fan of Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin and many other classic rock bands, something has to be done about these unfair business practices relating to Concert ticket sales. Some are saying they are doing some work but it hasn't been enough or quick enough to make an impact to swing things back to being a level playing field for the true fans. The same thing has been going on in sporting tickets as well. We can make a difference if we don't buy the tickets at the resale prices (from scalpers / brokers) and / or if we don't play their game. They'll have to change. 

R😎

It's so frustrating to be online and all ready at the exact moment tickets go on sale and within ten seconds, a show is sold out. It's a shame that ticket brokers/scalpers are not made officially illegal. They glom a ton of tickets that often no one buys and prevent fans from seeing a show. I wonder what they end up doing with all those unused tickets. 

1 hour ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

It's so frustrating to be online and all ready at the exact moment tickets go on sale and within ten seconds, a show is sold out. It's a shame that ticket brokers/scalpers are not made officially illegal. They glom a ton of tickets that often no one buys and prevent fans from seeing a show. I wonder what they end up doing with all those unused tickets. 

It might be some Silicon Valley tech startup company CEO , some billionaire daughter's sweet sixteen birthday or some major corporation(s) (like an ENRON ; remember them????) buying them up in one swoop beforehand for an office party, which is why they're gone beforehand ???? I have my theories and they're all NOT good at all for the true fans.

R😳

On 9/29/2017 at 10:51 PM, Bozoso73 said:

My friend Shari (who got the 2nd row tickets) has met Robert Plant more than once in Phoenix over the years and I'm pretty sure would like to try to meet him again too. We'll get our sleuth hats on and see what we can do. I would love to meet the man as well if possible and maybe get a pic or autograph!

Honestly this is first year it was siuch  a trial I was able to get decent seats at sale time in years past. I see the angst of people shut out and really do feel bad.  It was wife's idea to try cc promo.  I do not understand why verified fan presale was locked when they were still taking cc promos. Had it not been for amazing wife and her will I would have been shut down as well... I got tix but hate these bragging" I got mine ha ha "posts.  Really this tour was toughest yet

Honestly I think Plant and management may know nothing of fans trials.... good luck to all  and as bad as alternative it may b there r websites with very little mark up for decent seats .., a dilemma for people like me who don't buy from scalpers  or bootleggers but an option  -hint ny tic if you grab couple loge seats very very good if reasonable 

1 hour ago, ksgemini said:

I got tix but hate these bragging" I got mine ha ha "posts.  Really this tour was toughest yet

Are you talking to me? I totally feel for any fan that cannot get seats! I don't really feel like anybody's really bragging, is anyone in Phoenix not supposed to be happy because it's only been 8 years since he has played here, whereas you over there in CT got him 2 years ago and maybe the other mini-tour also? Chill out.

16 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Are you talking to me? I totally feel for any fan that cannot get seats! I don't really feel like anybody's really bragging, is anyone if Phoenix not supposed to be happy because it's only been 8 years since he has played here, whereas you over there in CT got him 2 years ago and maybe the other mini-tour also? Chill out.

Dude no I am not talking to u I got ny tix I was notbthrowing shade at u.  Apologies if it came off that way. I meant I feel very lucky but feel for those who were shut out.  Used to live in az. Rock on. No harm intendedpss Phoenix is one of the best places in the world!

PsSSS I sgree u guys r due am happy for u completely I am not attacking anyone... wish u happy times with RP

4 minutes ago, ksgemini said:

Dude no I am not talking to u I got ny tix I was notbthrowing shade at u.  Apologies if it came off that way. I meant I feel very lucky but feel for those who were shot out.  Used to live in ax. Rock on. No harm intended 

It's cool...I definitely feel for reids that the only option he had was a 4 hour drive and balcony seats. I am happy for you and your wife for being able to get tix.

27 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

It's cool...I definitely feel for reids that the only option he had was a 4 hour drive and balcony seats. I am happy for you and your wife for being able to get tix.

Agreed 100a% all cool I just want everyone to get tix that will appreciate the show..,, I mean I feel guilty talking about tix many people were shut out 

i want everyone who is a fan to b there I can live without the fols yelling "stairway..." robert plays an excellent show.. if u r looking for LZ redux  probablynot as happy

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

No dates in my neck of the woods; very disappointing. Last time he played in my area, it was part of a 3 day festival and those just aren't my thing. 

It's possible he'll add more dates next year. Seems a very short tour of the US and no European dates apart from England and Ireland. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 6:47 PM, IpMan said:

Damn right! Let's all meet up before the show for drinks, a meet and greet so to speak, and on to the show...

What's the name of the establishment again you mentioned you wanted to meet up before the show? :)

On 9/29/2017 at 10:51 PM, Bozoso73 said:

lpMan mentioned a place close to the venue that he wants to go. I sure would love to meet him and get a pic as well.

Archived