Plenty live on 6Music today

jsj

Plenty played a live set on the Lauren Laverne show this afternoon. Included were in the light, whole lotta love and what is and what should never be.

its available on catch up, so I'm told

https://www.bbc.co.uk/6music

You can watch here.

Very cool stuff 
So, he did interview +
Set List 6/10/17: 
WIAWSNB (w/ when the levee breaks lyrics)
Turn it up
The (Brian) May queen 😀(new)
The new world (new)
Misty Mountain Hop
Carry Fire (new) (incredible -wow) 
In the light 
Rainbow 
(Containing lines from Sea of Love)
Bones of Saints (new)
Satan, Your Kingdom Come Down (w/ lyrics from In My Time of Dying) 
Whole Lotta Love
*lemon song -( bonus song not aired)

enjoy.

R😎

Unsurprisingly 6 Music posted a clip of Plant performing WLL on their website to lure in casual viewers, but must be kind of demoralising for him that they chose a clip of him singing a 1969 song from his "old band" as the promo.

After all the years he spent trying to shake off the past and it still defines him.

It always will...

40 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Unsurprisingly 6 Music posted a clip of Plant performing WLL on their website to lure in casual viewers, but must be kind of demoralising for him that they chose a clip of him singing a 1969 song from his "old band" as the promo.

After all the years he spent trying to shake off the past and it still defines him.

It always will...

Especially given many in the music press declared Raising Sand was the moment he stopped being "ex-Led Zep singer Robert Plant" and became "singer Robert Plant".

The Zeppelin casts a long shadow, alright.

On 06/10/2017 at 5:05 PM, 76229 said:

Pretty standard Plant interview: sing praises of new band; reference to musical past + joke "can't remember any of it". Autobiog - no chance. Good to see him out there though.

He remembers old Zeppelin songs though?

It irks me when Plant performs the Zeppelin songs because he says is no longer a "rock and roll singer" and doesn't want to be a "stadium act" anymore. He has an extensive solo catalog to chose from and I wished he had the same attitude he had back when he started a solo career. 

5 minutes ago, sixpense said:

It irks me when Plant performs the Zeppelin songs because he says is no longer a "rock and roll singer" and doesn't want to be a "stadium act" anymore. He has an extensive solo catalog to chose from and I wished he had the same attitude he had back when he started a solo career. 

I think one or two Zep numbers in the encore would suffice.

Plant's argument would be that he's taken the original versions and twisted them into something different with the SSS.

So, in that sense, he's not a jukebox and more of the "Mighty Rearranger".

There will also be the consideration of keeping the audience happy and selling tickets.

He’s on Jools Holland (taping today). It’s airs soon on BBC and then BBC America afterwards. I’m sure there’s some footage from today in youtube.

until then, here’s the official video of “Bones of Saints”: 

R😎

It was interesting checking out all those songs, from Tubby the Tuba, to all the others, I listened to them all. Almost a bit weird Plant suggesting a black prisoners song, but it's a really great song and the chains really make a great rhythm sound.

And it's great he still plays some Zeppelin. Those are his songs and he always did covers in a very unique way, although there was always some guy complaining somewhere. Be fair guys, covers were almost always credited and so are the ones he is playing now!  ;) 

Archived