Did Plant ever write a song for / about Bonzo ?

kg723

Out on the tiles is about Bonzo!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. It's not about Bonzo. The song was inspired by a song he used to sing about having a night out. The lyrics had nothing to do with Bonzo specifically.

Edit to add: What he said.^^

I read somewhere Plant felt like he was working for jimmy during the unleaded time.

Oh, I don't see that at all. Clearly, it's more like Jimmy joined Robert's line-up. Even the locations used in the Unledded film are arguably more meaningful to Robert than Jimmy.

It was Jimmy who called upon Robert, who held all the cards.

Oh, I don't see that at all. Clearly, it's more like Jimmy joined Robert's line-up. Even the locations used in the Unledded film are arguably more meaningful to Robert than Jimmy.

It was Jimmy who called upon Robert, who held all the cards.

Agreed! :beer:

Hearing Carouselambra in a whole new light now.

Wow. That is a powerful song.

It's giving me goosebumps. Robert was heartbroken.

Jimmy blew it big time.

That might be the most powerful song ever. I've always loved it, but now it's a work of art. Brilliant.

I've read that Jimmy came in after the song was done and laid down the guitar parts. I wonder what he thought when he heard it the first time?

Very interesting thread.

If you ever wanted to see the best gladiators in action, you got several in one thread:

Evster2012.

Mad Screaming Gallery.

Nine Lives.

Brspled.

Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. A.k.a. SteveAJones.

The whole song interpretation and history of the songs, and their meaning and origin, I find facinating.

Oh it's simple,

All the pain that you go through

You can turn away from fortune, fortune, fortune

Cause that's all that's left to you

The whole song interpretation and history of the songs, and their meaning and origin, I find facinating.

Oh it's simple,

All the pain that you go through

You can turn away from fortune, fortune, fortune

Cause that's all that's left to you

Robert Plant of 1979 most definately not the Robert Plant of 1969. Talk about personal growth. He'd scaled the highest mountains and found himself in the deepest of valleys.

Or perhaps this one from 'I Believe', written about ten years prior for Karac:

Big farm, on the top of a hill

A hopeless gesture and last farewell

I do like these interpretations.

But the lyric is "Big fire on top of a hill"

If you ever wanted to see the best gladiators in action, you got several in one thread:

Evster2012.

Mad Screaming Gallery.

Nine Lives.

Brspled.

Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. A.k.a. SteveAJones.

:beer:

I owe you a PM. :D

Hmm. I'm still pondering this one because Robert does say, "You are my friend." I always thought that, at least back in their hell-raising days, they were friends. I never thought of Robert as someone who would deliberately say something insensitive to Jimmy. But, what do I really know? Perhaps I am only seeing him as he wants others to see him. We're back to that carefully crafted image. :huh:

"You are my friend, you touch my soul" - surely that's true but it doesn't mean, with hindsight, Robert didn't feel used and possibly abused on occasion? He was younger and less sophisticated than Jimmy, back in the day, and certainly fate put them on different paths.

Yes. Page not only was a no show at Karac's funeral, he essentially failed (or chose not) to acknowledge it at all, hence "Where was your word, where did you go?

Where was your helping, where was your bow? Bow."

When you say, he ESSENTIALLY failed to acknowledge it, it's not that he acted like it never happened, I hope? Weren't he, Jones and Grant in the US taking care of business when the funeral took place? The whole Oakland legal thing had just happened, and there were lots of concerts to cancel. Of course they should've have dropped everything and "popped on over." But to not acknowledge it at all... man, that is SO tough to think on. I find it hard to believe they ever worked together again, if that's true. They must have reconciled over it at some point?

Anyway, sounds like one of those things that may be beyond a person's emotional capacity to deal with for whatever reason.

What a tragic return to reality, when you're flying as high as they were.

When you say, he ESSENTIALLY failed to acknowledge it, it's not that he acted like it never happened, I hope?

Evster already clarified he was referring specifically to the funeral, not the loss. It's two

posts down from the one your quoting. Peter, Jimmy and John Paul's situtation were also covered earlier in this thread.

Evster already clarified he was referring specifically to the funeral, not the loss. It's two

posts down from the one your quoting. Peter, Jimmy and John Paul's situtation were also covered earlier in this thread.

I would've assumed (hoped) that there were some flowers or something on the day, so I do still wonder what "essentially" means.

I must've missed the post about what Peter, JP and JPJ were doing.

I would've assumed (hoped) that there were some flowers or something on the day, so I do still wonder what "essentially" means.

I must've missed the post about what Peter, JP and JPJ were doing.

Essentially as in he was not there, which was not only the customary but anticipated response. Flowers or phone call are nice gestures, but being there is even better.

When Joe Baldwin (JPJ's father) died Led Zeppelin moved the showtime of their August 26th 1970 Cleveland concert up from 8:30 to 5:30pm and postponed their August 27th 1970 Milwaukee Area concert to allow the band to return to England.

Peter Grant, JP and JPJ details following the death of Robert's son can probably be found within my Zeppelin Mysteries thread. I know I've posted them somewhere.

Essentially as in he was not there, which was not only the customary but anticipated response. Flowers or phone call are nice gestures, but being there is even better.

When Joe Baldwin (JPJ's father) died Led Zeppelin moved the showtime of their August 26th 1970 Cleveland concert up from 8:30 to 5:30pm and postponed their August 27th 1970 Milwaukee Area concert to allow the band to return to England.

Peter Grant, JP and JPJ details following the death of Robert's son can probably be found within my Zeppelin Mysteries thread. I know I've posted them somewhere.

Don't get me wrong - in my mind they all should've been there on the day, and it's deeply upsetting that they weren't. However, not being there is not the same thing as not acknowledging it at all, which is the impression I was getting, and which I simply couldn't believe.

Seems to me circumstances were unusually difficult - Page, Grant, and Jones were all on the West Coast when the news came, if I'm remembering right. And the Oakland debacle was still being dealt with, right?

We've wandered far afield from the topic, my apologies.

Don't get me wrong - in my mind they all should've been there on the day, and it's deeply upsetting that they weren't. However, not being there is not the same thing as not acknowledging it at all, which is the impression I was getting, and which I simply couldn't believe.

Seems to me circumstances were unusually difficult - Page, Grant, and Jones were all on the West Coast when the news came, if I'm remembering right. And the Oakland debacle was still being dealt with, right?

We've wandered far afield from the topic, my apologies.

My understanding is that Karac's death was not even acknowledged by Page, that he didn't even phone, and Plant took it as a deep hurt for a long time. However I must restate that I'm not the person to share this. I've said too much already, so let's drop it, please. There's no point in going any further on the topic as I cannot speak to it. It's well in the past and needn't be brought back up.

George Michael

Never. It's about a she. George Michael is a he. I know this because my mom is a huge fan of his. And George is a guy name, so that's obvious. Sounds to me like it's about a girl that is really important to him.

It's not a sore subject at all. If you listen carefully to In The Evening "Live" during the Page/Plant era (95 to 99) during the carouselambra break, Robert changed the lyrics a bit. Strong was your Armour, Strong was your Bow. A few variants at times, but each time with a positive twist.

Something was straightened out between the both of them. It's evident.

Archived