New highway next to hometown(last 13 km between North sea(Hamburg) and Greece

SamoKodela

Yeah, yeah highways are certainly something new, probably makes it look as special as my life story, when others started writing about their childhood in Italian neighbourhoods in New York and how they ate pasta, although I read lately highways were really completely finished in the States only in 1992 and this is the 13 kilometers(about 8 miles) built from my hometown Ptuj in Slovenia to the Croatian border. Croatians have all of their's build and you will now be able to drive all the way from north sea(Hamburg) into Greece on a highway(especially people from Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Czech republic will be happy, not waiting on the road when going to the seaside)  and  pretty much all of Slovenia's highways are now build,  a few very, very peripheral will still be build sometime in the future. However the one I'm talking about, will only be finished next year.

Here is what is already done:

Oktober 2017:

Avgust 2017:

The whole section computer animation:

Some really good photos:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=486947&page=599

Also the first 7 kilometers are now already completely open and half of it is open the last 6 kilometers and people from Ptuj and Slovenia always made fun of this countryside region Haloze being particulary underdeveloped, now they got a highway, that's science fiction! ;):)  :

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

Glen Canyon Pass in Colorado.

That was finished in 1992? 

Actually I just checked and they are also just finishing last few smaller sections in Serbia and Macedonia right now, but still the best newspaper in Slovenia reported that the part in Slovenia is the last part missing towards Greece and so I believed it, but it's all different in journalism these days I guess. 

Sovereign citizens?

An anthem for them:

Slovenian singer actually worked with him, visited him in The States, just went to his home not announced, waited downstairs for a few hours,  then they became friends, us Slovenians are freaks in just visiting famous people as you might remember  ;)  : 

https://www.amazon.com/Kora-Ptica-Loggins-Andrej-Sifrer/dp/B01NGZK5WW

This one you know I'm sure:

9 hours ago, redrum said:

You wouldn't know it on hi-way 5 going into Seattle. Buncha coffee amped up speed freaks.

Im up there a bit and the ONLY dread is the fookin traffic. . lol had to pee in a gatorade bottle stuck for an hour + a couple years ago on the 5. . ughh. . TMI yes, but my friends were absolutely dyin:):)

On 10/21/2017 at 10:54 AM, Bozoso73 said:

Im up there a bit and the ONLY dread is the fookin traffic. . lol had to pee in a gatorade bottle stuck for an hour + a couple years ago on the 5. . ughh. . TMI yes, but my friends were absolutely dyin:):)

We were heading to Seattle last year and two crotch rockets passed us in the HOV lane like we were standing still. I saw them coming in my mirror. :o

Did the I-5 from Mt. Vernon to Seattle during morning rush hour.  By the time I got to Seattle, and having plans to stay there a day or two, I decided to blow the whole city off.  Spending a week in the woods and then hitting a metropolitan area can be a real slap in the face.  Did the same on the last trip when I got to Denver.  I used to enjoy visiting big cities, but checking out small towns along the way is much more enjoyable these days.

Archived