John Davis is "Mastering" Led Zeppelin

Wolfman

34 minutes ago, babysquid said:

Remastering is Mastering (again)

Yeah, but doesn't mastering imply it will be previously unreleased/never worked on before? Not something already released being remastered?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, achillestand said:

Jimmy Page said at the Oxford Union Address talk he had been recently listening to Dazed and Confused from 73...

All shall be revealed (in due time). Hopefully, for Led Zeppelin’s 50th Anniversary. 

R😎

Expanded dvd "Led Zeppelin Live" on blu ray plus Japan 1971 Vinyl and or a chronological live audio set to go with the visual set. I think something along those lines is coming next year. Makes sense. I do agree, when you are touching the final of something NEW you say MASTERING as a pro. You say Re-mastering on older things needing touch up. I think we are getting something new and mind-blowing with this stuff next year. Its Zep at 50, thats a big deal.

John Davis and co must be peeing themselves at all the frenzied speculation on here.

I imagine any release would be around November 2018 in the lead up to Xmas (ka-ching, ka-ching), even though August 12, 1968, or thereabouts, was the date of the first rehearsal.

So might be a long wait.

If there is nothing significant released next year - being that it's the 50TH anniversary, I cannot see anything much after that. My hope is whatever is (hopefully) coming down the pipe is somewhat testing the waters, and if really commercially and critically successful, more will follow! A new found appreciation and all new expanded audience discovering the incredible Led Zeppelin - leading to 2 or three live releases that properly chronicles all the live periods.

Surely Jimmy has a few things on the shelf that are of release quality.....

On 11/12/2017 at 6:11 AM, achillestand said:

Jimmy Page said at the Oxford Union Address talk he had been recently listening to Dazed and Confused from 73...

On 11/12/2017 at 6:14 AM, reids said:

All shall be revealed (in due time). Hopefully, for Led Zeppelin’s 50th Anniversary. 

R😎

Well, the only other multitracks from that year aside from the already released MSG "TSRTS" set are the January 22, 1973 tapes from Southampton, U.K.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Well, the only other multitracks from that year aside from the already released MSG "TSRTS" set are the January 22, 1973 tapes from Southampton, U.K.

Bingo (if 73 is the year then that’s gotta be the gig released). But, We’ll see. 

R😎

2 hours ago, Strider said:

30 minutes ago, reids said:

Bingo (if 73 is the year then that’s gotta be the gig released). But, We’ll see. 

R😎

If it really is a new live release and Southampton is the only thing being released, then that'd be pretty disappointing tbh.

16 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Gawd!! I hope that's not what's being prepped for release. 

No way would Page release that. Too much of a perfectionist. It would surely have to be Earls Court. Anyway, can’t say as I’m too excited. I’m happy with the boots

If Page has more Earls Court material than what we know about, it HAS to be the odds on favorite for a release. Why not? There is video that hopefully can be suitably cleaned up, and some cracking performances throughout that run.

So that makes a DVD and possibly CD deluxe package with lots of content, a song list that includes PG, and performances that should appeal to all fans, not just us in here.

And if successful - move onto 'How the East was won'. Then maybe the live coda - '79/'80.

I think it too much to hope the LA '77 run is somewhere on his shelf, in really good quality.....

Cmon Jimmy, you KNOW you want to....

Archived