Next Soundboard Release

Xolo1974

On 31/03/2018 at 12:28 AM, John M said:

Indeed that is one the great versions and such a fantastic recording.  That part near the end of the final jam when the guitar stops for a few seconds (3:46- 3:50) is so cool.    I think if the Osaka version came out in this quality it would be a virtual tie for best version.  I would also mention Hampton 1971, and Orlando 71, but in that one unfortunately Celebration Day is in the lower quality part of the tape.  Interesting that for Toronto 71 Celebration Day is in the soundboard part of the tape.  

The 928 version of celebration  day  is an amazing one as well  but gets overlooked because the recording is not too great. I think that whole show  is one of the best they played .  I think it would gain a much larger following if we get the whole soundboard. Toronto is my favorite  as well.  I don't know if there is another live celebration day where plant sings it as well as he did in Toronto.  The rest of the Toronto board would be a dream as well.

On 01/04/2018 at 3:02 AM, duckman said:

Both are great in their own sense. Tokyo is the better balanced performance, but the last  Osaka night plays like a movie.

I can see the stress on Percy's face when Bonzo has disappeared, the relief when he returns.  Bonzo on his way to stage, cursing his roadies...wonderful stuff. Teamed together Tokyo and Osaka would make the perfect "How the East was Won , Live in Japan -complete edition". 

I think the September 24th show is the best played and sung of the tour. But the osaka shows have an energy and that tight but loose vibe that he  hear in the 69 and 70 live shows. I look both equally but for different reasons.

On 29/03/2018 at 9:51 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

Sounds like they need to re-re-revise their business plan if they can't sell out limited runs of single songs! You can guarantee diminishing returns for this kind of thing too, if they try to make a series of it.

And if they do release the whole lot in six months time (I'm sceptical they have it all, but that's just a hunch, I will be happily proved wrong), then that small group of fans who bought the individual ones are going to be very miffed.

I think that probably many of the people who bought the immigrant song single are collectors who buy up almost any zeppelin release  and will gladly buy the whole show if and when it comes out. I would think that many who bought the single bought it knowing full well the whole show will be released at a latter time. Anyone buying the single would be familiar enough with evsds business practices to know they release everything multiple times.  Think of all the various osaka based sets they can re re re re release when the full osaka tapes get released.

On 29/03/2018 at 7:10 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

That's one reading, yeah. Alternatively they don't have it all, and are being drip fed it themselves by persons unknown. I don't get why 09.28 was seemingly abandoned.

I wonder if their source is asking for a much larger price for an early show like osaka that is much larger then the price evds pays for a 75 or 77 show. It seems likely a show from 69 to 72 would command a higher price. I guess we will never really know.

20 hours ago, duckman said:

According to Plant, ' to take a  bath with Geisha ' but most likely he just suffered from stomach cramps and diarrhea "my limbs are like jelly". In other words ...the men's room

Whenever I get to the acoustic set of 929,  I have great fun to imagine what it was like for poor Bonzo. Think, if you are in trouble with diarrhea, you certainly choose the NEAREST toilet. And that nearest toilet was certainly within hearing range as Mr. Plant led the audience to the famous "Mr. Bonham chant".

11 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

I think the September 24th show is the best played and sung of the tour. But the osaka shows have an energy and that tight but loose vibe that he  hear in the 69 and 70 live shows. I look both equally but for different reasons.

Right, I love all of them, maybe 923 & 929 a tad more just because of their superior sound. 927 is a bit short & not too adventurous, similar to the Kyoto gig one year later.

10 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

I wonder if their source is asking for a much larger price for an early show like osaka that is much larger then the price evds pays for a 75 or 77 show. It seems likely a show from 69 to 72 would command a higher price. I guess we will never really know.

Well, isn`t it obvious? The tape owners know when they are about to play their trump card.

14 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

3 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Right, I love all of them, maybe 923 & 929 a tad more just because of their superior sound. 927 is a bit short & not too adventurous, similar to the Kyoto gig one year later.

I'd agree. I love all of the shows, but if I had to rank them 9/27 would be at the bottom. It's still a great show, but there are no real surprises or curve balls. The Osaka shows definitely have a more loose feel with the band seeming to be very relaxed and in a great mood. But the Tokyo shows are just tight and ferocious. I also agree that 9/24 is probably Plant's best show of the tour. He's on fire there. Ultimately, 9/23 is my favorite, but I'm biased due to the superb sound quality.

23 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Nope. It's been making the rounds on Royal Orleans for a while now. I guess whoever runs that Twitter account only just heard about it today. Here's a sample of Friends. The soundboard sample kicks in at 1:53.

http://twitsound.jp/musics/tsjyZFYP3

Phenomenal sample of Friends.  The new soundboard source sounds amazing.    

If they release the entire show with this quality it could very well be the greatest bootleg ever to surface on Zeppelin. 

19 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I'd agree. I love all of the shows, but if I had to rank them 9/27 would be at the bottom. It's still a great show, but there are no real surprises or curve balls. The Osaka shows definitely have a more loose feel with the band seeming to be very relaxed and in a great mood. But the Tokyo shows are just tight and ferocious. I also agree that 9/24 is probably Plant's best show of the tour. He's on fire there. Ultimately, 9/23 is my favorite, but I'm biased due to the superb sound quality.

I am still waiting for my copy of Graf Zeppelin`s 924, so I have listened to Light & Shade (until the end of the acoustic set) in the meantime. Man, Heartbreaker & Dazed & Confused are absolutely great. And if memory serves me well, Whole Lotta Love is a killer version too.

19 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

If they release the entire show with this quality it could very well be the greatest bootleg ever to surface on Zeppelin. 

You nailed it. But do they have the entire show? If EV would only release a song of the 3/3, that would calm down my nerves........

20 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

I am still waiting for my copy of Graf Zeppelin`s 924, so I have listened to Light & Shade (until the end of the acoustic set) in the meantime. Man, Heartbreaker & Dazed & Confused are absolutely great. And if memory serves me well, Whole Lotta Love is a killer version too.

You nailed it. But do they have the entire show? If EV would only release a song of the 3/3, that would calm down my nerves........

If they have released essentially 4 songs already.   I would have to believe they will release the full show (minis some tape flips or whatever) by the years end.    

1 hour ago, Sticks of Fire said:

If they have released essentially 4 songs already.   I would have to believe they will release the full show (minis some tape flips or whatever) by the years end.    

Sorry that I was unclear on this point. Yes, I also expect a release around September. But they haven`t released a song of the last third of the show so far, nothing from Moby Dick to Rock And Roll yet. So it is not proven that EV is able to release the entire 185 minutes of the show. I will keep my fingers crossed......

Let`s not forget about 928, EV should release both Osaka shows simultaneous, there is only one 50th anniversary.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Sticks of Fire said:

How do you get that to play?

...of our new album...our forth album...it's called "Stairway To Heaven".

Today I received my 5 Ukiyo-e copies of "Stairway To Heaven" together with the present cd of "Friends". What a brilliant, wonderful, powerful piece of music. Together with "Immigrant Song" and "Friends" I got quite an impression of the 929 soundboard? tape. Impressive.

And all these Ukiyo-e covers (5 Black Dog, 5 Immigrant Song, 5 Stairway To Heaven) are wonderful to look at

On Sunday, April 01, 2018 at 10:40 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Nope. It's been making the rounds on Royal Orleans for a while now. I guess whoever runs that Twitter account only just heard about it today. Here's a sample of Friends. The soundboard sample kicks in at 1:53.

http://twitsound.jp/musics/tsjyZFYP3

I was stoked to hear a soundboard version of Stairway from this show then it gets to the end singing and it goes silent then picks up after its over. So no "And as we wind on down the road."

It that part gone or edited out on purpose? It's a bummer.

We need more soundboards from 68-71. And to be honest there's a big gap of no soundboads from 72, so that would be nice. 72 isn't like 68-71 for me, but 72 was still a cool year and had some great stuff from what we've heard. And since there is so little sounboards from that year, if that was my favorite year I'd really be hoping.

But we need Blueberry Hill, and the MSG evening show of 1970. Holy grails.

24 minutes ago, Chick-N-Picker said:

I was stoked to hear a soundboard version of Stairway from this show then it gets to the end singing and it goes silent then picks up after its over. So no "And as we wind on down the road."

I'm pretty sure that was just a teaser with little bits from each part of the song so that people could get a feel for the sound quality...

On 16-4-2018 at 4:54 PM, Chick-N-Picker said:

Believe me; it's complete and stunning! clocking in at almost 11 minutes!!!

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Is friends complete from SBD or is it the spliced version we heard on the sample?

3 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Where can I hear it? It's not on the tube of you. I'm still sort of new to this bootleg world. The different companies and different releases of the shows.

I've always just been a youtube searcher.

Archived