Next Soundboard Release

Xolo1974

10 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

They did release a about a 40 minute soundboard of msg June 11 77 it had no quarter ten years gone 1 acoustic set song. So there is good reason to believe they at least have June 8 77 and June 10th

I've never heard about a partial SB of the 11th;  do you have a link or reference?

11 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

For years people swore March 19 1975 was the latest show they had for 75 then finally March 20 was released. Then for years poeple swore March 20 was the latest and no way they had Seattle or l.a now Seattle came out and now people say March 21 Seattle is the latest show and there is no reason to think they have the l.a shows. The subset of dates everyone thought they had nailed for 75 keeps expanding. I hold a glimmer of hope for l.a 77.

The issue is not whether this or that particular show is the last of the bunch.  The issue is what explanation is most consistent with the observed set of releases.  And from a statistical point of view (with some weak assumptions about how the source is releasing individual shows, e.g. saving the best for last, etc.), it is highly unlikely that there are any '75 shows outside of mid-Feb and March, or any '77 shows outside of May, plus the first NY show (again, from this source).  It is one thing to be surprised when, say, Landover shows up (as I was), it's another thing to think that Landover indicates the likelihood of any January shows.  And there is no evidence to support the latter belief, at this stage the sample size is sufficiently large enough.

Most likely the tapes come from a show co emplyee and and didnt Peter Grant say show co misplaced or lost a road case with 70 to 80 reels or tapes or is that just an internet myth. I wonder if it would be 70 to 80 shows or 70 to 80 tapes as each show from 75 and 77 would be quite long and require 2 or 3 reels or cassettes per show. Alain the 75 and 77 tours combined would have been about 80 shows.  Also if each show had 2 reels the  then 80 tapes could represent about 40 shows which would confirm the only have a subset of dates from each of those 2 tours.

46 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I've never heard about a partial SB of the 11th;  do you have a link or reference?

The soundboard portion of the 11th runs from No Quarter to The Battle of Evermore. No idea when/how it got out, but here's Ten Years Gone from the soundboard:

I know this is highly unlikely but i wonder if somone is hoarding any more of the 73 boards that were taken from pages home. I know it's been about 20 years since the last 73 release so chances a next to zero. But the 73 shows seem to have 2 reels with the first going up to just before stairway or just after with the second  reel having heartbreaker whole lotta love the encores and sometimes stairway. With so many soundboards of just the last hour  of 73 shows out there and many other shows that have the first 3 quarters out but not the endings you would think the other reels for those shoes would be out there. The robbers  probably grabbed what they they could as fast as they could or maybe those tapes they took were all that was laying around.

21 minutes ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

Just did some checking and it seems June 11 first surfaced in 2000 and was released on the celebration label. So it is not part of the revolution series. Maybe another one of those tapes from jimmys house.

Thanks.

Selling silvers is pain in the ass these days. This the reason why they're so slow with every new board. 300 copies if a maximum of what would be called a secure quantity. With all these torrent sites you cannot be sure to sell entire pressing. Remember what have happened with the Seattle few moths ago? This is it.

Yeah Its a real shame what is happening to physical media I love buying boxers and am really in to the dylan bootleg series greatful dead and rolling stones archive releases and it's frustrating that in a few years theese types of releases will start to disspear and everything will be down load and fucking usb sticks. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch by i love well recorded well mastered album played on a decent stereo system.

The sb tapes coming from show co employees is the most likely source but I wonder why they waited so long to start selling them. The first revolution release was in 2002. Seems weird they would wait 25 years to leak them. Unless the show co employees passes the tapes down to a younger family member. Or someone discovered the tapes after a former show co employees passes on. We will probably never know for sure.

Was listening to a remaster of fort worth 73 and I don't know if it was a winston but Jesus Christ it was incredible i can't believe the improvement over the old tympani for the butter queen boot. Fort worth 73 was always a favorite of mine but the remaster makes it so much more alive and crisp. There i an energy level to the playing I never heard before. Page guitar sounds fuller and more defined and the drums have much more depth and detail and the clarity is so much better. All the73 boards need this treatment could put the shows in a better light.

10 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

Was listening to a remaster of fort worth 73 and I don't know if it was a winston but Jesus Christ it was incredible i can't believe the improvement over the old tympani for the butter queen boot. Fort worth 73 was always a favorite of mine but the remaster makes it so much more alive and crisp. There i an energy level to the playing I never heard before. Page guitar sounds fuller and more defined and the drums have much more depth and detail and the clarity is so much better. All the73 boards need this treatment could put the shows in a better light.

Which version is the remaster - I’ll keep an eye out for it. Haven’t heard this show 

I wonder if there is a chance that the source of these boards have any of the earls court sound boards. I would love the first 3 nights in better quality although the aud tape for the 18th is great Bonham sounds so heavy on that recording and the echo is awesome without being boomy really love the 17th and 23rd followed by the 18th over the last 2 gigs. It would be so awesome to have those Stratocaster no quarter solos in sb quality. The 17th and 18th no quarters are very unique. The 17th has one of my all time favorite stairways.

Archived