Jimmy Page New Material?

JBrubaker

I haven't heard anything except the stock answers that Jimmy's been giving for years and years now (Paraphrasing.."Warming up for next year", "Got material ready, just have to get it done" ect.). No news yet and in this case no news is probably NOT good news as far as a new album/tour goes. :[

Right. I’m thinking he is having trouble writing and or finding the right people. I’m sure the pressure would be fairly heavy - he knows anything he does will be compared to the mighty Zep. And let’s face it - other than Midnight Moonlight (which was a leftover track from Physical), he has not written anything post Zep that really compares. 

I think he’s done with releasing any “new” material. He’s more concerned with preserving the integrity/ audio quality / history of Led Zeppelin, The Yardbirds & his  previous studio/collaborative/soundtrack efforts, which is why he did the 9 studio album re-masters / deluxe editions along with re-mastered BBC sessions) & set up his website in the past few years to sell his non-Zeppelin related projects there. If/when any “new” material surfaces, it will probably be well after all Led Zeppelin material (studio/Live), which is deemed appropriate for release, has been exhausted (re-mastered /re-released in all the best possible & latest formats for future generations to enjoy well after he’s gone). Enjoy the upcoming Yardbirds Live release in November.  

R😎

5 hours ago, JBrubaker said:

Right. I’m thinking he is having trouble writing and or finding the right people. I’m sure the pressure would be fairly heavy - he knows anything he does will be compared to the mighty Zep. And let’s face it - other than Midnight Moonlight (which was a leftover track from Physical), he has not written anything post Zep that really compares. 

Not only compared to Zep, and not even primarily. More compared to what Robert has released post Zep. Especially Carry Fire. That must also be a source of stress/pressure for Jimmy. He certainly needs really good creative people around him. I can't imagine there would be much difficulty with enticing top notch artists, current and past, into the studio to see what comes of it. Hopefully if something were to emerge it will also include JPJ.

Agree on the inevitable comparison to Plant.  JPJ?  Musically, that would be great I think as well,  but for whatever reasons, he has not really collaborated with JPJ post Zep

Yes - that Yardbirds release - Jimmy right at the beginning of his peak.

Unfortunately at this point, that seems like a reasonable conclusion. 

If you look to find any well known musician that has written anything genius once they are older, you will find very few if any. I would think being in his spot that would be a fact that helps to dissuade him from pushing himself to try. Plus it’s not like he needs the money. 

I would listen to Led Zeppelin for 1,000,000 hours solid before I would ever think about listening to any Stevie Ray Vaughan though.

If Page is done (& I suspect he is) then he's still done more important things than 99.99% of musicians out there.

The end. Still, I'm very curious to know after the 07' show, with Plant not wishing to tour, how long Jimmy was determined

to try to keep playing. Or if he actually at some point just stopped really wanting to play anymore, altough if Robert 

called wanting to tour, of course.....

What is almost painful to watch is the roll out of the Celebration Day release. Jimmy looks very pissed off, particularly

when Robert does "hype" the release, but at the same time puts Zep into the ancient past. Seriously, Jimmy practically

has steam coming out of his ears at points. Why am I mentioning this ? Because the answer to this thread doesn't exist.

Archived