My first ever attempt at a matrix: Black Country Woman from 6/21/77

ZepHead315

Back when the Gary B source for 6/21/77 was remastered and speed-corrected, I inquired into the possibility of doing a matrix combining it with the Millard source. Since the Millard source is great in terms of the music, and the Gary B source is great in terms of the atmosphere/crowd, I figured it would only make sense. I decided to experiment a little and try it myself. I did Black Country Woman since, at less than two minutes, I figured it wouldn't be that difficult and I could only fuck it up so much! :lol:

So, here it is. Please note that I am a complete and total amateur at this and this is my first time ever trying something like this. I'd appreciate any constructive feedback from you all and any suggestions/tips for improvement. :)

For the record, I used the Winston remaster of the Millard source and the JEMS remaster of the Gary B source and combined them using Audacity.

Thanks for the feedback! I may try matrixing other songs from this show, but of course it can be very time consuming and frustrating. It's all about finding enough time. Only issue is I tried matrixing Whole Lotta Love the other night and the Gary B source gets a bit noisy/overloaded on the high end during the last few songs. It actually seemed to do more harm than good.

Archived