favorite band (besides zeppelin)?

19 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Rolling Stones, Supertramp (I know that there's no love for Supertramp. But I don't care. I love their music very very much), Style Council, Jam, Specials, Beatles, Queen (70s only), Who, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Massive Attack and so on. I like classical and world music too.

:stereo:

What's wrong with Supertramp? They're great! The singer has a fantastic voice

• 1 month later...

My favourite bands in the 1960s:

Beatles, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Velvet Underground, Beach Boys, Janis Joplin, James Brown, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bob Dylan, Kinks, Animals, Love, 13th Floor Elevators, Sonics, Monks, Donovan, Monkees

Favourite of the 1970s:

Neil Young, David Bowie, Allman Brothers Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Kraftwerk, Parliament-Funkedelic, Iggy/Stooges, ELO, Robin Trower, Van Halen, The Buzzcocks, The Jam, Roxy Music, ZZ Top, Ramones, Joni Mitchell, Patti Smith, Pink Floyd, Mott the Hoople, Alice Cooper (1970-75), Elton John (1970-75), Fleetwood Mac, Sparks, Steely Dan, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Frank Zappa/MOI.

1980s:

The Cure, Prince, Sonic Youth, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Jane's Addiction, Cocteau Twins, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Dream Syndicate, X, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Husker Dü, Replacements, Thelonious Monster, Fishbone, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kate Bush, Robyn Hitchcock, XTC, Crowded House, Jesus & Mary Chain, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Joy Division/New Order, Depeche Mode, Birthday Party/Nick Cave, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth.

1990s:

Stereolab, Radiohead, Low, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Broadcast, Beck, Tool, Jeff Buckley, Beastie Boys, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Lush, L7, Black Crowes, Flaming Lips, A Tribe Called Quest, Pulp, Supergrass, the Verve, Suede, Sleater-Kinney, Spacemen 3/Spiritualized, Super Furry Animals, Blur, Soundgarden, Brian Jonestown Massacre.

2000s:

Radiohead, Grandaddy, Black Angels, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Brian Jonestown Massacre, of Montreal, White Stripes/Jack White, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Thee Oh Sees, Graveyard, Goldfrapp, Zero 7, Sia, Air, Boards of Canada, War on Drugs, Beach House, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, St. Vincent, Flaming Lips, Tedeschi-Trucks Band, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, Trombone Shorty.

Other than Zeppelin being my number 1 band:

70-80's Rock:

Black Sabbath, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aerosmith (Pump album and earlier), AC/DC, Overkill, The Rolling Stones, and Queen

90-00's Rock:

Pearl jam, The Black Crowes, Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Big Sugar

00-10's:

Sam Roberts Band, The Trews, Sloan, The Sheepdogs, Arkells

There are some great new bands that are getting added to my favourites:

Greta Van Fleet, The Glorious Sons, The Record Company, Reignwolf, The Struts, Royal Blood

On 12/14/2017 at 3:22 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Since I cannot edit my original post any longer, I would like to mention another band which I really love: Fleetwood Mac (the original with Peter Green).  

Kiwi in my time on this forum I find it so awesome how our music tastes are so much the same (along with some other folks on here like Stryder and Sath). I was hanging out with some acquaintances one day who were dogging on early Fleetwood Mac and lets just say I didnt hang out with them much longer. Kudos on the Peter Green love ... Next to Jimmys les paul that Peter Green Les paul sound is so sweet and nasty. Cheers!!!

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2018 at 5:02 AM, Strider said:

My favourite bands in the 1960s:

Beatles, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Velvet Underground, Beach Boys, Janis Joplin, James Brown, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bob Dylan, Kinks, Animals, Love, 13th Floor Elevators, Sonics, Monks, Donovan, Monkees

Favourite of the 1970s:

Neil Young, David Bowie, Allman Brothers Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Kraftwerk, Parliament-Funkedelic, Iggy/Stooges, ELO, Robin Trower, Van Halen, The Buzzcocks, The Jam, Roxy Music, ZZ Top, Ramones, Joni Mitchell, Patti Smith, Pink Floyd, Mott the Hoople, Alice Cooper (1970-75), Elton John (1970-75), Fleetwood Mac, Sparks, Steely Dan, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Frank Zappa/MOI.

1980s:

The Cure, Prince, Sonic Youth, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Jane's Addiction, Cocteau Twins, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Dream Syndicate, X, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Husker Dü, Replacements, Thelonious Monster, Fishbone, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kate Bush, Robyn Hitchcock, XTC, Crowded House, Jesus & Mary Chain, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Joy Division/New Order, Depeche Mode, Birthday Party/Nick Cave, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth.

1990s:

Stereolab, Radiohead, Low, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Broadcast, Beck, Tool, Jeff Buckley, Beastie Boys, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Lush, L7, Black Crowes, Flaming Lips, A Tribe Called Quest, Pulp, Supergrass, the Verve, Suede, Sleater-Kinney, Spacemen 3/Spiritualized, Super Furry Animals, Blur, Soundgarden, Brian Jonestown Massacre.

2000s:

Radiohead, Grandaddy, Black Angels, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Brian Jonestown Massacre, of Montreal, White Stripes/Jack White, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Thee Oh Sees, Graveyard, Goldfrapp, Zero 7, Sia, Air, Boards of Canada, War on Drugs, Beach House, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, St. Vincent, Flaming Lips, Tedeschi-Trucks Band, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, Trombone Shorty.

you, my sir, have an excellent taste in music, too bad your 90s list doesn't have oasis ;P

I used to have favorite bands, but as I've gotten older I've seemed to lose a lot of interest in the older stuff. :unsure:

Even with my favorite groups there are only certain albums I can listen too.

Rush- Anything up to Signals. After that, they weren't the same group to me.

Ozzy- First two albums, The Ultimate Sin, No More Tears, and Ozzmosis. 

The Rolling Stones- Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main St.

Pink Floyd- I indulged in all their albums heavily as a teen, but now The Wall and The Final Cut are the only two I can tolerate, unless I'm wanting to hear a specific track.

Lynyrd Skynyrd- The Ed King albums. (Sorry Steve, R.I.P.)

Dream Theater- Train Of Thought (Loved this album but can't stand any others).

Megadeth- Youthanasia (I'm a metalhead, and this is the only album of theirs I've really liked).

Iced Earth- The Barlowe albums.

Metallica- Everything up to Load.

Morbid Angel- All the 90s albums.

Van Halen- First two albums. (Humans Being, from the Twister soundtrack).

Then there are bands that I can just throw anything on by them and listen- Creedence, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Stanley Brothers, Mozart.

Edited by gibsonfan159

• 3 years later...

Like everyone else, it's really changed for me over the years and also depends on my mood. We're talking hundreds of bands from all genres here. The music I visit the most these days (past 2 years) is from Paul McCartney, Captain Beefheart, Sinatra, Gerry Mulligan and Chopin. And of course boots from Led Zep.

I've had a framed picture of Captain Beefheart in my house for many years now, if that tells you anything lol (the only music-related decor to be found anywhere besides fridge magnets).

Edited by 1975NQ

Probably in order of:

1. Rush - mostly pre-Signals album.

2. AC/DC

3. Elvis Presley

4. The Who

5. Pink Floyd (after Syd left)

6. Mozart

Honorable Mentions: Yes, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam, Jimi Hendrix, and Rolling Stones.

Some you may laugh at: Alanis Morrissette, Irish music - including even pipes, flutes, folk music, The Corrs, Cranberries, BUT NOT U2.

Edited by 3hrsoflunacy

• 2 weeks later...

I like DIO, Dio solo well ALL DIO! Esp with Sabbath

And I love the most underrated band ever, they got ripped off and never went anywhere but lotta people really love this band:

SHOOTING STAR!!

Do you want to hear an incredible song, it’s up there re’ Quality of writing Like a stairway to heaven or heaven and Hell by Sabbath or I don’t know ....dust in the wind by Kansas!

I BET YOU U WILL LOVE THIS SONG!!

Search the song “last chance” by shooting star on YouTube!

If you love Zepplin you’ll love this song!