Ten Years Gone

Happy 10th anniversary Ahmet Tribute!

(I've waited and waited... it's now 2pm here but the rest of the world's coming around. And I do know it's still 15 hours or so til the time!)

I've Celebration Day-ed by having it on in the car at midnight, coming home from a show, watching the DVD and wearing my t-shirt playing guitar in the band at church this morning :gimmefive: 

I'm surprised there aren't many more replies on the 10 year anniversary of the O2 show. 

It was such an amazing show and experience overall. It was my first and only trip to London (I'm in Canada). It cost me a lot of money to go, especially after the change in dates.... but it was worth every penny. I've watched Celebration Day on blu-ray and listened to it in the car on the way to work. Tonight, I'll watch the rehearsal when I get home. I've been wearing my shirt all day (I usually only wear it on the anniversary each year).

I was one of the many on the forum listening for replies from those lucky ones of Which songs were being performed as it happened. I remember at first, it was believed they did Custard Pie. It was a magical day in history to be hanging on to every report coming in to the forum. Happy 10th Anniversary Ahmet Tribute!!! They did it!!! Hope we’ll see something again from Robert, Jimmy, John & Jason. 

R😎

Edited by reids

47 minutes ago, Black_dog_boogie said:

Considering that the band has never shy'ed away from a challenge as {Led Zeppelin} this formation with Jason, they came out with nothing to prove. Only the fear of overwhelming expectations and not meeting them. Robert, Jimmy, Jones, & Jason. Kicked some ass that night.

and the band came out swinging at that, GTBT even with the feedback problems was a great version and Jimmy busts out with one of his best solo's of the night. Just blistering.

Edited by IpMan

Though I was not yet a member of this board and was on a different Jimmy Page board, it was indeed an unforgettable day as I was hanging out on the board along with others waiting for the setlist and pictures and youtube videos. A very exciting day that I won't forget. As was said earlier, they kicked some ass that night!

11 hours ago, IpMan said:

and the band came out swinging at that, GTBT even with the feedback problems was a great version and Jimmy busts out with one of his best solo's of the night. Just blistering.

You got that right, Jimmy had the ol’ Fast fingers working on that solo, even more impressive considering he’d had quite a live layoff going into that show and it was the first song out of the box!

On 10/12/2017 at 10:43 AM, Pilot of the Storm said:

Greetings fellow O2er's!!

Cannot believe that was 10 years ago.

Magical night. So privileged to have been there.

A big 'hello' to Paul, Celia, Helen and Vince  :wave:

we waz there Pilot. I sent a message to Vince wishing him the happy 10th anniversary.

Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Dang. That sure was a quick ten years. I mean it has been roughly the same amount of time as the time between my purchase of Led Zeppelin's first album (July 1969) and "In Through the Out Door" (August 1979). That 10 years was packed with events and seemed to take forever.

The 10 years since the O2 seems more like a blip. Nothing seems to have happened...we certainly still don't have any new Jimmy Page music.

In 2007 I was in my 40s and could fool women into thinking I was younger. Now I am in my 50s and I ain't fooling anybody.

I remember being excited for the show...and depressed I didn't win the ticket lottery or just bite the bullet and splurge on flying over to London and taking a chance on scoring a ticket at the venue.

After the success of the Page & Plant tours and the Page & Black Crowes shows, I was fairly confident that this reunion would be the real deal and erase the bad memory of Atlantic 1988 and the 1994 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I remember the internet being slow around showtime...too many people logging on at the same time. I remember being astonished at the speed and quality with which the videos started popping up on Youtube...and devouring every one!

And of course, being psyched they debuted "For Your Life"...sentimental over "Stairway"...and blown away by "Kashmir".

I was happy for the people who got to see the show...especially the younger ones who missed out on Led Zeppelin.

But mostly I felt happy for the lads. They had done it in front of the whole world. But I had no illusions this would lead to a future tour. One and done is how I saw the Ahmet Ertegun reunion.

I'm at peace with that finality.

Edited by Strider

On 10/12/2017 at 8:43 AM, Pilot of the Storm said:

Greetings fellow O2er's!!

Cannot believe that was 10 years ago.

Magical night. So privileged to have been there.

A big 'hello' to Paul, Celia, Helen and Vince  :wave:

Hi Pilot! Greetings from Brazil!

It was amazing, and such a pleasure to meet so many great people from the old board😍

To all the lucky ones who were there: cheers!🥂🥂🥂

😎😍❤️

On 12/12/2017 at 8:24 PM, brspled said:

It was amazing, and such a pleasure to meet so many great people from the old board😍

😎😍❤️

Hi brspled! Greetings from a freezing United Kingdom - pretty much like it was 10 years ago when you were on these shores :freezing:

Like I've said before, meeting folk from the old board capped off a memorable and amazing day. Truly unforgettable :party:

On December 12, 2017 at 3:24 PM, brspled said:

😎😍❤️

Howdy brspled! Wow one of the "old boarders" not literally old of course! Good to see you post.

yep I remember scouring YouTube all night as vids popped up. Incredible show. Ten fast years...

I was lucky enough to see them on the 4th August 1979 and every year since I have had a little celebration on that date and I was even luckier to see them on the 10th December 2007 and for 10 years I have had a celebration on that day as well. Great memories both.

13 hours ago, StringBender said:

Howdy brspled! Wow one of the "old boarders" not literally old of course! Good to see you post.

yep I remember scouring YouTube all night as vids popped up. Incredible show. Ten fast years...

Pilot, brspled and other old boarders met up for a meal before the show. Quite a few of us met up the night before after collecting our wristbands n tickets. They were fabulous gatherings of people from around the world. And we are all still friends in real life.

17 minutes ago, ledded1 said:

Pilot, brspled and other old boarders met up for a meal before the show. Quite a few of us met up the night before after collecting our wristbands n tickets. They were fabulous gatherings of people from around the world. And we are all still friends in real life.

...you mean eventually met up. Boots Chemist, that's all I'm saying ;)

48 minutes ago, Pilot of the Storm said:

...you mean eventually met up. Boots Chemist, that's all I'm saying ;)

I was in Canary wharf again on sunday *( 10 yrs to the day) and saw 2 of the boots stores. There was still no sign of Helen.

Although she is due to arrive in the UK today.