Steve Howe

SamG

Steve Howe is an extraordinary guitarist with a really bad singing voice.

Some of his work is phenomenal, his solo stuff, while tainted by his singing, is nonetheless technically great.

Like Page, his work is clearly influenced by roots and folk music but unlike Page, his technical standard has not deteriorated. He was always a much more learned guitarist than Page as well.

opinions?

Steve Howe is an extraordinary guitarist with a really bad singing voice.

Some of his work is phenomenal, his solo stuff, while tainted by his singing, is nonetheless technically great.

Like Page, his work is clearly influenced by roots and folk music but unlike Page, his technical standard has not deteriorated. He was always a much more learned guitarist than Page as well.

opinions?

You'd dig Richard Thompson then.

The guy can sing, write killer lyrics and was the lead guitarist for Fairport Convention.

As for Howe... despite looking like skeletor he still has it, yea. Other than a few recent solo boots though I've never been motivated to care what he does outside of Yes. Am I really missing out? Same thing with Steve Hackett.

I remember Steve Howe bowing to Chet Atkins in the first couple of rows at the Yes concert here in Nashville in July 1975. I was 9th row just offset from center and Chet was maybe 5 rows in front, directly in front of Steve stage right. Chet stood up and applauded right after their opener, Sound Chaser !!

An amazing show....and I was backstage before the concert as Howe and Anderson arrived.....and what did I do ? Hell, I went up and shook their hand in awe...what would you do ? :D

When I saw Yes in 2000, it was an off night for Steve....he just wasn't on like I expected....bad night... :(

Sounds lika an awesome fooking night brother...Yes was hit and miss even during the Trevor rabin years.

I love Steve Howes playing with Yes, and even the album cuts from the first Asia release.

I like the way he plays whats needed and doesn't overplay if not needed like others do !! I think he is quite a unique guitarist!! His playing has alot of textures and layers, Some of the Yes stuff is fabulous !!

Archived