Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

The first 3 nights of earls court have some very inspired performances.sure those shows were uneven but of those first 2 shows were recorded a pretty amazing live album could be made from those first 3 shows. No quarter on the 17th and 18th were outstanding. Kashmir on the 18th is stellar . Stairway on the first 2 nights were awesome great whole lotta love jams on the 18th you can find at least one top notch performance of every song in set list through out the 5 nights. But it's far from my first choice for a release bit o would not complain about getting it. But the 24th and 25th by themselves don t do it for me.

If zeppelin does address the copyright issue with releases that could lead to soundboard releases maybe not as standalone  live albums but perhaps a bootleg series type thing or releases like the greatful dead are doing. But there are band's not addressing the copyright issue. I can't say page letting the copyerights expire and not take the opportunity to capitalize on the situation to make some money and best the bootleggers to the punch. Page should strike with a japan 71 releases before evsd does.

Seen this posted elsewhere, take it or leave it...

"When Page reached out to the boot communities to find out what was circulating, that was to find out what needs the copyright refresh. The new bits and pieces are the reasons to get the hardcore fans (who already have the boots) to buy. The Olympic material was earmarked for LZ1 reissue but had to be held back for a 2nd release. (The 50th). The live tapes from 1968 are what's being worked on, but I don't know if it's getting put on this release, or the live compilation that is eventually coming out.

*And they're all involved to some degree. But I don't think Robert is working specifically on any audio.
*And the instrumental "Knowing That I'm Losing You" was released because there IS an earlier LZ version of Tangerine. (That probably is being released)"

68 is getting a dedicated release (I don't how the remaining years are being released).

I really hope the copy write issue leads to some 1970 soundboard tapes being released a couple of years down the road. It would be nice to think the best outtakes that were left the companion disks will be released as copy write extension sets.  If all of that turns out to be true then page will be to busy to play live.

People on the steve hoffman forum are saying there does not seem to be any bonus tracks on the reissue which is disappointing on one way but on the other hand that would seem to confirm we will be getting another release latter in the year. But untill the tracklisting is confirmed we won't know for sure. I sure would love a release of thank you from those concerts such a beautiful performance.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

There's a reissue of HTWWW on Amazon.com scheduled for 23rd of March.

3 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

People on the steve hoffman forum are saying there does not seem to be any bonus tracks on the reissue which is disappointing on one way but on the other hand that would seem to confirm we will be getting another release latter in the year. But untill the tracklisting is confirmed we won't know for sure. I sure would love a release of thank you from those concerts such a beautiful performance.

Do we know for certain that there are no bonus tracks for this release? Because I looked at the Amazon entries, and the track listing is only visible for the Blu-ray Audio and the 3CD Deluxe Edition. There is no track listing in the pictures for 4LP Vinyl Edition or the 3CD/4LP/1DVD Super Deluxe Edition. Plus, look at the picture for the Super Deluxe Edition:

91B5cgb1BeL._SL1500_.jpg

There appear to be 4 CDs. Is it possible that the "3 CDs" is a typo? Could this 4th CD be bonus content (ie. Thank You, Communication Breakdown, Louie Louie, Tangerine, and an unedited Whole Lotta Love medley)? :smiley_pray:

48 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Do we know for certain that there are no bonus tracks for this release? Because I looked at the Amazon entries, and the track listing is only visible for the Blu-ray Audio and the 3CD Deluxe Edition. There is no track listing in the pictures for 4LP Vinyl Edition or the 3CD/4LP/1DVD Super Deluxe Edition. Plus, look at the picture for the Super Deluxe Edition:

91B5cgb1BeL._SL1500_.jpg

There appear to be 4 CDs. Is it possible that the "3 CDs" is a typo? Could this 4th CD be bonus content (ie. Thank You, Communication Breakdown, Louie Louie, Tangerine, and an unedited Whole Lotta Love medley)? :smiley_pray:

Maybe the 4th CD will have alternate mixes of songs from HTWWW???!!!! Yay!!!

I was hoping it being a how the west was completely won release with both shows released in full. 

Well. Ill take this one too. I actually broke my cd1 around 2004-2005 (it cracked in half coming out of the cd player) and i nevet replaced it until next march or whenever this is gonna come out

5 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Oh boy, another re-release. I can hardly (snore) wait.

Talk about the path of least resistance. C'mon Mr. Page, give us some meat for crying out loud.

😖 If this is truly it, what a let down. 

10 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Talk about the path of least resistance. C'mon Mr. Page, give us some meat for crying out loud.

I agree. 

The book and this re-release have been a completely underwhelming start to the anniversary year. Let's hope it gets better.

But we can't blame it all on Page without more information, for instance we don't know if the other surviving members are vetoeing potential live material he wants to release.

And if it wasn't for Page, we probably wouldn't have much posthumous stuff, as Jones and Plant don't seem interested—they are rich and busy creating new music.

16 minutes ago, IpMan said:

I said this in the other concurrent thread about this - maybe this is to get HTWWW in line with the style of all the re-releases with super deluxe, digital, etc - in preparation for How The East Was Won. So HTWWW is not the odd one out release wise. Otherwise, yeah, it's a little bit lame...

A press release was leaked too, and it clearly states that this HTWWW remaster/reissue is continuing the 2014-2016 remaster campaign, before the band's 50th anniversary celebration kicks off in September.

So in my view this is not a letdown, because as has been noted above, it's a reissue they're getting out of the way before the new stuff comes out in the fall to mark the 50th anniversary.

That said, I am disappointed that there are no new tracks on HTWWW (would've loved Louie Louie and Tangerine in particular), and the price for the vinyl seems steep even for 4 LPs ($125). It's also weird that the Super Deluxe comes with only a DVD, containing stereo high res but 5.1 surround in lossy Dolby, whereas to get lossless 5.1 surround you have to get the Blu-Ray.

However, this title is sorely in need of remastering, and the Blu-Ray is a great deal IMHO at $25 (Amazon, and price there might even drop a bit prior to release, as often is the case) - gives you lossless high-res stereo and surround, and you can for the first time pop in just the single disc and play one of the best rock concerts ever released by anyone from beginning to end without switching discs. So that's the format I've preordered.

If this was the only release we were getting this year we would not be getting it this early in the year there is obviously more to come latter on the year. This is a welcome release of a sorely needed remaster and it's a good idea to get this album done and out of the way wonder if we will get a remastered DVD.  I think it's too early to get the pitch forks out.

12 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

A press release was leaked too, and it clearly states that this HTWWW remaster/reissue is continuing the 2014-2016 remaster campaign, before the band's 50th anniversary celebration kicks off in September.

So in my view this is not a letdown, because as has been noted above, it's a reissue they're getting out of the way before the new stuff comes out in the fall to mark the 50th anniversary.

That said, I am disappointed that there are no new tracks on HTWWW (would've loved Louie Louie and Tangerine in particular), and the price for the vinyl seems steep even for 4 LPs ($125). It's also weird that the Super Deluxe comes with only a DVD, containing stereo high res but 5.1 surround in lossy Dolby, whereas to get lossless 5.1 surround you have to get the Blu-Ray.

However, this title is sorely in need of remastering, and the Blu-Ray is a great deal IMHO at $25 (Amazon, and price there might even drop a bit prior to release, as often is the case) - gives you lossless high-res stereo and surround, and you can for the first time pop in just the single disc and play one of the best rock concerts ever released by anyone from beginning to end without switching discs. So that's the format I've preordered.

Agreed on the Blu- ray. WTF with the vinyl?? It should be no more than $100 for 4 LPs. 

Archived