Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

23 hours ago, StringBender said:

Guess I'm in the minority but I'd take Plants voice in 79 and later any day over the early 70s. Way more mature and developed. 

Shrieking high notes isn't what make a great vocalist. 

Now back on topic - my vote is for Earls Court, audio and video! 

Good post.

Love Plant's voice in 79.  Don't know if I like it more than 69-71 or even 72, but yeah, it's different, in a good way. And very strong.

If we get TUF and STH from 5/24/75 I'll be a very, very happy man.

I would think that an official studio companion disc for the first record, including as long as i have you.......for 2018

and some kind of live release in 2019, whether an overview of 68 to 80...or just earls court, or just japan....if it could be a comprehensive bootleg series....i think they should drop it all at once and let us all buy the records over time. 

24 minutes ago, middlezep said:

I would think that an official studio companion disc for the first record, including as long as i have you.......for 2018

and some kind of live release in 2019, whether an overview of 68 to 80...or just earls court, or just japan....if it could be a comprehensive bootleg series....i think they should drop it all at once and let us all buy the records over time. 

Did they ever record ALAIHY in the studio? I thought they only performed this live and never laid it down in the studio.

52 minutes ago, middlezep said:

Highly unlikely. Jimmy said he went with the live show because the majority of the studio outtakes from the first album sessions are already released on bootlegs. Additionally, he has said that the recent remasters campaign would stand as the last official Led Zeppelin studio releases.

26 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Did they ever record ALAIHY in the studio? I thought they only performed this live and never laid it down in the studio.

Never recorded ALAIHY in the studio, as far as I know.

I wish Page would get Jones and Jason and somehow get Plant off his tower to get together and finish (vocals and remix) "10 ribs and all", "LaLa", and "St Tristans Sword". Three actual new songs that can be keyed to Plants vocal range now. Even redo "Swan Song" as their last studio song.

42 minutes ago, dandak said:

I wish Page would get Jones and Jason and somehow get Plant off his tower to get together and finish (vocals and remix) "10 ribs and all", "LaLa", and "St Tristans Sword". Three actual new songs that can be keyed to Plants vocal range now. Even redo "Swan Song" as their last studio song.

Each to their own, but I don't. 

3 hours ago, dandak said:

I wish they’d get Plant off his tower and record a new Zep album!

I look at this website, mostly the message boards to see if there is anything new going on.  Especially with Jimmy Page announcing possible future releases to celebrate Zep's 50th anniversary later this year.  We are all wild with speculation and wondering what we might be getting.

I also look a lot at Dave Lewis' site, Tight But Loose.  Dave seems like a great guy, he has brought Zeppelin to life for all of us for many years.  In celebration of  Jimmy Page's birthday, Dave ran a re-run article from one of his magazines from, I believe, 2014.  It was during Page's tour for the re-release of Zep IV and Houses.

One of the questions was about any future live releases.  Jimmy's replay was "Well, I remember talking to Ahmet Ertegun years ago.  I said to him about putting out bootlegs and he liked the idea of having bootlegs of bootlegs, he thought this was fun, but it did not come to much.  Everyone would have thought it was a good idea, you just see what's voted the top 10 bootlegs and just put them out."  Jimmy goes on to say "A lot of ideas I had did not necessarily come to fruition and that was one of them."  Lewis asks about Japan 71 and Page replies "I could..." but goes on to talk about the current promotions taking a lot of time.  I would cut and paste the article but I'm not that savvy....

Now we all know Page has collected a lot of bootlegs and, supposedly, stuff was stolen from his archives way back when.  And we know or speculate of multi tracks from hear and there.

But I find these quotes interesting.  I would buy anything he puts out.  I think we all would.  I really am not that tech savvy, but I see people using Matrix??? or whatever to clean up bootlegs and make them sound better.  I am sure Page could do the same thing.  He doesn't have to worry about anything legal, its his stuff!!!

Either way, its exciting to speculate.  I was listening to Fillmore 69 the other day.  Today, Vancouver 75.  I would love to see this and about 50 other shows cleaned up and packaged. 

17 minutes ago, SymphonyX said:

I guess you gotta read between the lies. He already mixed Knivsta Sweden 1968 and currently not working on anything as of after that lately.

10 minutes ago, SymphonyX said:

Without a shadow of a doubt we will totally be getting a 1968 Show.

Knivsta Sweden looks to be it

Don´t make us laugh.

On 12/23/2017 at 12:14 PM, IpMan said:

I don't agree fully with your second point, after all, they pretty much hit one hell of a peak just two weeks prior in Copenhagen. The July 24th 1979 is, IMO, in the top ten live performances of their career.

Totally agree with you on the Copenhagen warm ups. I love both shows !

Archived