Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

As I keep saying the live and remastered releases and will continue to do so as there are always hints out there about what we will get down the road!  It's probably happened with every commercial release!  Usually a song or two!  Black Dog from Osaka could be one of those hints.  Stuff like Jennings, Studio Daze, Baby Come on Home, NQ and AML alt takes, Blues Medley, DD and WIAWSNB (LB 1972)from late 80's.  Page was going through the stuff for the first remasters and this stuff got leaked.  Then we had the full BBC a year or so before the actual release in 1997 with all the intros and a full WLL from 1971 and the WIAWSNB screw up!  We had the O2 rehearsals that were leaked too.  TSRTS remaster had the great audio for TY from MSG.  Such a great version and Page's guitar at the end is something I had never heard from him and only then as so unique with that echo!  Probably how U2's the Edge got that from. 

Much more leaks from the studio remasters with the Zep II stuff in various clips and instrumentals, ITTOD  drum tracks and I think.  I think there may have been an instrumental track of Celebration Day not positive.  Something from III and certainly an electric track.  So many hints out there over the years and may be what we need to go on when figuring what live release(s) we will get as the 50th nears.  Just need to figure it out from the info we have and the hints. Draw the conclusions from what we have.  Even then, it might not be what you think!  Like the "X-Files",......"The Truth is Out There!"

But, who am I and just putting this out from what I've discovered over the years with the various releases! 

What do you think!

I know I'm probably in the minority on this one but I like 928 more then 929 not saying it's better it's just a personal fave of mine. My favorite heartbreaker comes from 928 page plays absolutely insane on the second solo. Also I find plants voice alot better on 928.  Of all the immigrant song heartbreaker one two punches 928 is my favorite. Plant sounds immense on immigrant song great version of since as well.

1 hour ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

I know I'm probably in the minority on this one but I like 928 more then 929 not saying it's better it's just a personal fave of mine. My favorite heartbreaker comes from 928 page plays absolutely insane on the second solo. Also I find plants voice alot better on 928.  Of all the immigrant song heartbreaker one two punches 928 is my favorite. Plant sounds immense on immigrant song great version of since as well.

Celebration Day is also on fire!!!  🔥 The solo is fast and furious both JPJ and Page!!

Does anyone remember jimmy talking about organizing all of zeppelin s rehearsal tapes around the the time of dvd and saying how wanted to release them in some sort of series and the other members looked at him like they did not know what he was getting on about. That gives some other possibilities if it's true and could be the inheard zep or the other surprises.

But speaking of extra mics I was examining earls court photos and there is a second Mic on Bonham kick drum on the 18th but on the the last 3 shows there is a third Mic on the kick drum and s couple of photos it looks like there is a fourth plus other extra mics on the drums and on the amps and speaker cabinets that were not present on the 18th. The only extra Mic I can see on the 18th is on the bass drum which leans towards the first 2 nights not being taped that would be to bad because like the first 3 shows alot . The last 2 not so much. Can't seem to find photos that are confirmed as the 17th they seem to wear the same outfits every night except for Roberts red flower blouse on the 23rd.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:50 PM, Adam Ryan watson said:

But speaking of extra mics I was examining earls court photos and there is a second Mic on Bonham kick drum on the 18th but on the the last 3 shows there is a third Mic on the kick drum and s couple of photos it looks like there is a fourth plus other extra mics on the drums and on the amps and speaker cabinets that were not present on the 18th. The only extra Mic I can see on the 18th is on the bass drum which leans towards the first 2 nights not being taped that would be to bad because like the first 3 shows alot . The last 2 not so much. Can't seem to find photos that are confirmed as the 17th they seem to wear the same outfits every night except for Roberts red flower blouse on the 23rd.

Ah thank you!! that is interesting. I can confirm that my pics from Earls Court cover 17/18 and 24 May shows. Checking the Bass drum mics confirms the 2/3/4 mic configurations. Now I have to work out on the 24th whether there were 4 mics. I will go away for a while and get nerdy with the negs.

OK. I can see on one night neg set only one bass drum mic and on the other two nights there are 2 bass drum mics. What I thought were 3/4 bass mics are in fact just the stands for mics elsewhere on the kit and these do not seem to change on any of the nights. I deduce that the one mic bass drum setup was on the 24th. The two mic setup was on 17/18th. Still cannot find a way of separating 17 from 18. Since in one night JPJ is wearing the white shirt and on the other he is wearing the mexican jacket. Confirmed by the sit-down segment of the shows. But which night 17 or 18?

1 hour ago, Boleskinner said:

I don't know what all the fuss about EC is, anyway.

If it was a knock-it-out-of-the-park performance, Pagey would have released it years ago.

The occasion was momentous, but the performance in the most was not.

He did use the best elements of EC representing it in the 2003 Led Zeppelin DVD.  I’d be surprised If anything else is released  w/ EC anytime soon unless just a few audio pieces on a best of ‘68-80 2 or 3 cd set. 

R😎

16 minutes ago, reids said:

He did use the best elements of EC representing it in the 2003 Led Zeppelin DVD.  I’d be surprised If anything else is released  w/ EC anytime soon unless just a few audio pieces on a best of ‘68-80 2 or 3 cd set. 

R😎

And it was the worst part of the DVD. Static footage with un-natural sound. Even the normally-superb Bonham played within himself at EC. 

I thought the knebworth part of the DVD smoked the earls court part be a large margin and at least plants voice had alot more power and range in 1979. I really don't like the last 2 earls court gigs even Bonham struggles on those 2 nights. The west coast shows  of 75 smoke the earls court shows. But there are moments during the first 3 nights I really love. I definitely don t want an earls court only release this year . A series of releases or a live box would be a dream.

57 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

And it was the worst part of the DVD. Static footage with un-natural sound. Even the normally-superb Bonham played within himself at EC. 

Yep. They just had the camera locked down (stationary).

R😎

I have noticed when zeppelin sets up the 2nd set of mics for live recording they are very distinguishable from the stage mics as they are studio grade recording mics. The final 3 earls court have a studio looking Mic on the bass drum . It's the one with a taller stand. The extra Mic on the bass drum on the 18th just looks like a lower quality regualr stage Mic. 

Is it true that in the 1970s page alluded to recording dates on the 1971 back to the club's tour. You would think something from that era of live zeppelin would be released by now but does anyone know for sure if page said that and if he did what interview did he stare that . I would love a release from that tour. Plants voice was still so powerful then as it was before the decline really set in. Paris theatre is great but I don't think it's the best representation of that era the Irish shows were much better in early March 71.

Archived