Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

12 hours ago, JTM said:

Pretty obvious you are a newbie, thanks for reminding us, nice mix of "knowledge" and opinion..  Sorry mate, bad day..

Pretty obvious your a an arrogant jerk off so thanks for reminding us and bad day to you too mate  just because I have not been a member of this form for the last 22 000 years does not make me a newbie  I've been a zeppelin fan for 25 years and there is not concert I have not heard 20 times  or more . Thanks for your opinion that has no basis in fact.

25 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Good shout. The song's short so the visuals don't get boring, Page is playing slide on the double neck, and it's a good performance.

The man constantly winged it.  Slide on a 12-string. Not a good idea but it worked ok here. I think he'd like that decision back.

I thought there was a reason they never released live Tangerine, like on HTWWW.  Does it have anything to do with Keith Relf's widow's claim that royalties were owed Keith on the song?

Find it puzzling about the slide solo. So Page should have played it on the 6 string ? The version posted Page has excellent

intonation(on slide, bad intonation would produce nasty, sour notes). Anyway, I think there is something to Relf's widow's

claim, thought I read that somewhere. But Jimmy himself said HE wrote the song after a breakup, etc. Maybe Steve A.

would know what the deal is.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

I think this is perfect as is. The end of that guitar solo is about the best anyone can do without a second guitarist playing rhythm. No mater how skilled a guitar player is, unless he is Vishnu, he / she still only has two hands.

Regarding autotune....BLASPHEMER!!! Autotune is the work of the devil. I would rather hear Plant belt out Rock and Roll in late January 1975 influenza voice then hear him ever be autotuned.

I don't mean the switch from slide to playing the chorus, which is fine. Just meant the last notes of the solo sound a bit strange.

Concerning autotune I meant a pitch correction on several notes, whichever software you use to get the right pitch. Some notes of Plant in the EC concerts are so out of tune that they need to be fixed for an offical release. Otherwise Plant would never agree to release it. There is nothing wrong in pitch correction. Queen used it on their DVD's quite often, because Mercury often sang out of tune.

2 hours ago, the-ocean87 said:

I don't mean the switch from slide to playing the chorus, which is fine. Just meant the last notes of the solo sound a bit strange.

Concerning autotune I meant a pitch correction on several notes, whichever software you use to get the right pitch. Some notes of Plant in the EC concerts are so out of tune that they need to be fixed for an offical release. Otherwise Plant would never agree to release it. There is nothing wrong in pitch correction. Queen used it on their DVD's quite often, because Mercury often sang out of tune.

I don't think the band have a major problem with autotune. Plant was happy for some tired notes at the end of the O2 gig in Kashmir to be fixed, so can't see it being an issue when used in moderation on any archive release.

8 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

Find it puzzling about the slide solo. So Page should have played it on the 6 string ? The version posted Page has excellent

intonation(on slide, bad intonation would produce nasty, sour notes). Anyway, I think there is something to Relf's widow's

claim, thought I read that somewhere. But Jimmy himself said HE wrote the song after a breakup, etc. Maybe Steve A.

would know what the deal is.

Yeah, as a guitar player, slides are notoriously difficult to get good sound on a 12-string. He did a good job with it for most of the solo. The problem was the notes at the end higher up on the fretboard really fell out with the slide, hence it sounds out of tune. He probably should have adjusted the arrangement of the solo to avoid running into that issue IMO 

2 hours ago, drpete said:

How about a complete 6/25 and 6/27 together since they were both recorded. Now THAT would have been a Delux edition I would have spent the money on

It really should be this simple, shouldn't it be?

And then a best of EC, piecing together the start of the 25th, with the middle of the 24th, then ending with the encores from the 25th.  That'd make one helluva 3+ hr live show.

Sounds good, but 6/25 and 6/27 have many more weak spots than the rest of that run, despite being very good shows

regardless. Page would have his sticky fingers in there, as always. I find this so irritating, hasn't anybody ever mentioned

to Jimmy that real fans know there will be some dips, but also usually many spectacular spikes and unpredictable detours

from the album versions. I mean on HTWWW Jimmy actually has a  second guitar on parts AND a heavily altered solo 

from the boot. Whatever, something would be better than nothing. Funny how the Forum dates are the same in 72' and 77'.

42 minutes ago, Mithril46 said:

Sounds good, but 6/25 and 6/27 have many more weak spots than the rest of that run, despite being very good shows

regardless. Page would have his sticky fingers in there, as always. I find this so irritating, hasn't anybody ever mentioned

to Jimmy that real fans know there will be some dips, but also usually many spectacular spikes and unpredictable detours

from the album versions. I mean on HTWWW Jimmy actually has a  second guitar on parts AND a heavily altered solo 

from the boot. Whatever, something would be better than nothing. Funny how the Forum dates are the same in 72' and 77'.

What are these second guitar parts I've read about (more than once), I just don't hear them?

Sorry, forgot to mention all the trickery in the "Ocean". The solo is different than any of the boots(even the tone doesn't

sound anything like 72'). And at the end "Coda" there are very clearly 2 or more guitars. Now actually they don't sound bad,

but isn't the Zep supposed to be live without a net ?? Forget the excuses that every band dramatically alters their live

releases. Part of Zep legend is the huge sound created by four pieces.

7 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

Sorry, forgot to mention all the trickery in the "Ocean". The solo is different than any of the boots(even the tone doesn't

sound anything like 72'). And at the end "Coda" there are very clearly 2 or more guitars. Now actually they don't sound bad,

but isn't the Zep supposed to be live without a net ?? Forget the excuses that every band dramatically alters their live

Well it is exactly the same solo like on the bootleg (also confirmed by The Garden Tapes http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk/htwww16.html )

I've also seen people say there are two guitars on Communication Breakdown on the Royal Albert Hall show on the DVD. I can't hear it, but not being a guitarist it's possible it is there and my ears aren't picking it up

On 2/7/2018 at 10:27 PM, Mithril46 said:

Could the second guitar/notes people hear happen to be A D E ;) )?

And here we have it...new live album this year.

In the interview, Page also reveals that there'll be a brand new Led Zeppelin live album released at some point this year and says he foresees that there'll be 'new' Led Zeppelin product emerging over the next 10 years.

“I can't give the game away, but there's a recording that’s another multi-track that we'll release,” said Page. “It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I'm looking forward to people hearing that. There's a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I'd like to say that they'll be coming out over the next 10 years. There's more to come for sure.”

http://www.musicweek.com/media/read/i-very-much-doubt-we-ll-do-anything-else-jimmy-page-tells-planet-rock-about-led-zeppelin-touring-future-and-new-live-album/071473

"It's so different" - hmmm...

We have early (LZ1 companion disk concert), HTWWW, TSRTS, Bits of EC and bits of Knebworth.

So if it really is different, I would guess either HTEWW, or a compilation of sorts. A long shot is something from '77 or later, but doubtful. I've never heard any discussion of multi-tracks of anything late (if so, it will be a master stroke). Possibly the Bath gig that was recently discovered/restored...

Even if it is just EC - I'll be stoked.

yeah, EC, Bath, South Hampton??, something '77, something '80, possibly Copenhagen warm ups, and either an anthology type box covering "the rest" or maybe a comilation or two "From '69 to '80' type double live album. Might be 2 or 3 of those (which would be FANTASTIC IMHO)

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

yeah, EC, Bath, South Hampton??, something '77, something '80, possibly Copenhagen warm ups, and either an anthology type box covering "the rest" or maybe a comilation or two "From '69 to '80' type double live album. Might be 2 or 3 of those (which would be FANTASTIC IMHO)

Yeah all these would be great but i reckon there will only be 4 or 5 items in all. Just think there will be staggered at approx 2 year intervals and maybe anymore would be, dare I say it, too many live albums!!! 

10 minutes ago, JAP said:

Yeah all these would be great but i reckon there will only be 4 or 5 items in all. Just think there will be staggered at approx 2 year intervals and maybe anymore would be, dare I say it, too many live albums!!! 

Um................no

7 minutes ago, Kevinrm15 said:

Sounds like Earls Court is next to me.

We’ll see. I tend to believe they’ll release in chronological order with a 68-80 retrospective (sampler) first to cash in on the anniversary. 

R😎

Archived