Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

38 minutes ago, sixpense said:

Jimmy did record Plant's vocals to Poor Tom at SOL (IMO)

I believe you are wrong on this as Robert's vocal sounds just like 1970. It was Walters Walk which Robert recorded vocals for in 1981, not Poor Tom.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

In other words, there's another nickel to be drained. Standby for coffee mugs, mouse pads and t-shirts.

He'd have to capitulate on having said the recent remasters campaign will stand as the last studio releases.

Not to start any harsh discussions but why this Steve? Is there something you truly know in detail about (non) existence of more unreleased live and studio tracks!? 

Soooo...nothing about Jimmy Page playing and/or recording new music? I guess we'll have to wait until 2019, then.

All this arguing over leftover Coda tracks. If that is what is going to constitute these new releases, forgive me if I stifle a yawn 

Live in concert archives is what I'm hoping for...even if Plant's witty Plantations get cut out.

Studio material ("leftover Coda tracks") is not likely what this new stuff is going to be. Of course it is possible - I have zero inside info - but all signs point to live stuff. So why even get into the "forgive me if I stifle a yawn" commentary over a possibility that is unlikely at best? The Zep fan community has a bizarre number of folks who seem to love predicting the worst (and then instead of admitting they were wrong when some cool stuff comes out, they just criticize the edits in the cool stuff). And they seem to delight in making blanket claims about Page being a liar, when in fact the stuff he exaggerates or misrepresents, and the stuff he tells the truth about, are pretty easily distinguished if one looks at his past track record.

Along these lines, don't pay any mind to Steve's "another nickel to be drained" comment. He knows nothing about what will or won't be released either.

46 minutes ago, Strider said:

Soooo...nothing about Jimmy Page playing and/or recording new music? I guess we'll have to wait until 2019, then.

All this arguing over leftover Coda tracks. If that is what is going to constitute these new releases, forgive me if I stifle a yawn 

Live in concert archives is what I'm hoping for...even if Plant's witty Plantations get cut out.

Yeah me too Sean. For me to be interested it has to be live material

1 hour ago, Strider said:

it has to be live stuff. I'd bet the farm on it.

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

Yeah me too Sean. For me to be interested it has to be live material

There has been a lot of speculation about possible live material to be released in other threads here so, I am content now to just relax and wait and see if it's audio, visual or both. Very tantalizing news . 

24 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

There has been a lot of speculation about possible live material to be released in other threads here so, I am content now to just relax and wait and see if it's audio, visual or both. Very tantalizing news . 

I wonder when it will be announced

I will not speculate anymore than this post - as I'll just keep annoying y'all.

Earls Court will be released as an official box set.

That will not be the only live release.

I am confident (for no real reason other than I prefer to be optimistic) and can't wait.

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

In other words, there's another nickel to be drained. Standby for coffee mugs, mouse pads and t-shirts.

I don't really understand the negativity, it seems clear to me from the information we've gathered over the last few months that there is likely to be a release of live material from Led Zeppelin in 2018, isn't this what we all wanted?

If the 'surprises' turn out to be mouse pads & coffee mugs then we'll all be massively disappointed but until we see that then surely there's a fair bit of hope, it's not like he's disappointed over the last 20 years with bringing Led Zeppelin stuff out.

8 hours ago, reids said:

😳🤪😝😄 we’ll see 

R😎

I was kidding, Reid. Their last rehearsal was not recorded.

6 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

Not to start any harsh discussions but why this Steve? Is there something you truly know in detail about (non) existence of more unreleased live and studio tracks!? 

Unreleased material certainly does exist. There will be a live release in 2018.

5 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Along these lines, don't pay any mind to Steve's "another nickel to be drained" comment. 

This guy should take his own advice? Fucking ax grinders always crawling up my ass. 

35 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't really understand the negativity, it seems clear to me from the information we've gathered over the last few months that there is likely to be a release of live material from Led Zeppelin in 2018, isn't this what we all wanted?

If the 'surprises' turn out to be mouse pads & coffee mugs then we'll all be massively disappointed but until we see that then surely there's a fair bit of hope, it's not like he's disappointed over the last 20 years with bringing Led Zeppelin stuff out.

There will be a live release. There will also be a merchandising aspect, that's all I was saying in my own imitable style.

This is great news, one last official swansong, as it were.

It's tempting to speculate endlessly, but I'll just throw a couple of things out here. First, Jimmy recently said he'd been listening to a January 73 show, and praised it. I have trouble believing he would release Southampton; it's not a good performance and what we have now sounds great. So if it wasn't Southampton he was talking about, what was it?

Second, the 1971 Japan Black Dog that got out last year is still unexplained. Could it have been part of an official remastering project that somehow leaked? It certainly doesn't seem to have been boot-related.

9 minutes ago, bluecongo said:

Knebworth Deluxe Box Set Audio Video Compilation including video of Knebworth rehearsals featuring never before heard live version of Carouselambra.  

A boy can dream right?

This would be nice too among other things! I think perhaps the band should stop worrying about their reputation if they release (an almost full) latter days show! As long a it's not something absolutely almost terrible like perhaps Knebworth 11th or definitely some 1980 concerts, they should not worry!

Even some of the Seattle 1977 is releasable. I love Stairway from Seattle and if Page would insert vocals from early live days to the last part, I perhaps wouldn't even mind although for most live things I am against that!

5 hours ago, Crimson Avenger said:

This is great news, one last official swansong, as it were.

It's tempting to speculate endlessly, but I'll just throw a couple of things out here. First, Jimmy recently said he'd been listening to a January 73 show, and praised it. I have trouble believing he would release Southampton; it's not a good performance and what we have now sounds great. So if it wasn't Southampton he was talking about, what was it?

As I recently stated in my post on the 'Live Forum', I believe Page may have been referring to the D&C at Trentham Gardens as opposed to Southampton. 

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Well, there's this: 

Elsewhere in the interview, Page said that “I hope to be seen to be playing (next year). So I’d better get on with it!”

In other words, it's the time of year to imply that he may be playing in some format "next year" just to keep people hanging on that it is still within the realm of possibility. Of course, with the track record of such statements in previous years, I don't think anyone should be holding their breath...

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I will not speculate anymore than this post - as I'll just keep annoying y'all.

Earls Court will be released as an official box set.

That will not be the only live release.

I am confident (for no real reason other than I prefer to be optimistic) and can't wait.

Well, if we get STH and TUF from 5/24/75 (even just the audio of it) it's a MAJOR win, as far as I'm concerned. I'd never get sick of listening to those two tracks in ok "sbd" quality, let alone pristine multi-track quality.

Throw a best of Japan 71 in there as HTEWW and shit... I might just lose my mind.

1 minute ago, blindwillie127 said:

What Page say's between 8:13 and 9:00 could not be more true. The architect and visionary of Led Zeppelin still impresses the hell out of me to this day. 

It really is a great interview.  I've gotten to really love listening to him.  This and the Oxford interview/lecture are fantastic.

10 minutes ago, LedElvis75 said:

Well, if we get STH and TUF from 5/24/75 (even just the audio of it) it's a MAJOR win, as far as I'm concerned. I'd never get sick of listening to those two tracks in ok "sbd" quality, let alone pristine multi-track quality.

Throw a best of Japan 71 in there as HTEWW and shit... I might just lose my mind.

It really is a great interview.  I've gotten to really love listening to him.  This and the Oxford interview/lecture are fantastic.

Before listening to this interview, I was always under the assumption that JPJ was the first person on board with LZ as opposed to the last. According to Page here, both Plant and Bonham were pretty much in place before JPJ 'requested' to be in Jimmy's new band. I never knew that.

22 minutes ago, ForEvermore said:

Well, there's this: 

Elsewhere in the interview, Page said that “I hope to be seen to be playing (next year). So I’d better get on with it!”

In other words, it's the time of year to imply that he may be playing in some format "next year" just to keep people hanging on that it is still within the realm of possibility. Of course, with the track record of such statements in previous years, I don't think anyone should be holding their breath...

I personally, gives no fucks whether Page ever plays in public again or not. I'm on this site for Led Zeppelin, a band that ended 37 yrs ago. What any surviving members are doing now, or not doing, have no bearing on my interests or enthusiasm on the next possible Led Zeppelin treats coming our way whatsoever. 

Archived