Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

15 hours ago, JTM said:

That would be a pisser, we've all got other things to spend money on at xmas. I want it/whatever now  so I can get all my music purchase out of the way before I have to start thinking about what I'll be buying for other people (wife, kids, relatives etc). At least with a now purchase I can warn others what not to buy me so I don't end up with more duplicates. I've never got this released in time for the xmas market nonsense, why the saturation so late in the year...

Yeah but this led wallet page we’re talking about mate 

2 hours ago, achillestand said:

Can anyone post theg link of the JP interview in Uncut Magazine earlier this year where he states there won´t be a Japan 1971 release for now?

Thanks very much

Are there any surviving live multi-track tapes from the Japan 1971 tour?
Ian Coe, Toronto
Maybe. But not for now. There’s been a lot of Led Zeppelin material that’s come out, including live material. but more importantly with visual. But also there’s the 02 which shows the three remaining members with Jason, a more recent incarnation. I’m so keen for the Led Zeppelin material from the studio to go out to give more information on what went on and I thought that really tipped the scales. Now there’s other things to do. And I stockpile material. So, yeah, there’s always someone wanting to know what’s considered to be the Holy Grail ‘cause it’s been, it’s yet to be discovered. But there’s no point in even thinking about that at the moment. I’ve put quite a lot of time into the Led Zeppelin material, really.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/the-view-from-here/jimmy-page-plant-zeppelin-yardbirds-session-work-98812/3

Thats a great interview. The answers are more direct than I have read elsewhere. And it does sound like he is serious about playing live. But the question is, how long ago was the interview? He mentions he has just worked on the re-releases - was this from a year or more ago?

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Thats a great interview. The answers are more direct than I have read elsewhere. And it does sound like he is serious about playing live. But the question is, how long ago was the interview? He mentions he has just worked on the re-releases - was this from a year or more ago?

It's from 2014. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Song Remains The Same is getting the super deluxe treatment, released on 7th September 2018...

Which I suspect knocks any other releases on the head until Christmas at least.

45 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Song Remains The Same is getting the super deluxe treatment, released on 7th September 2018...

Which I suspect knocks any other releases on the head until Christmas at least.

Just kidding? No? Man, this is a downer. I have got the 2007/2008 remasters on CD, DVD & the superb sounding 4LP-set, halfspeed remastered by Bob Ludwig. Don`t think this new release will surpass them in soundquality. Anyway, this will not serve the 50 anniversary well.

I WANT VOL 1 OF AN OFFICIAL LIVE SERIES, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

1 hour ago, Autumn Moon said:

Just kidding? No? Man, this is a downer. I have got the 2007/2008 remasters on CD, DVD & the superb sounding 4LP-set, halfspeed remastered by Bob Ludwig. Don`t think this new release will surpass them in soundquality. Anyway, this will not serve the 50 anniversary well.

I WANT VOL 1 OF AN OFFICIAL LIVE SERIES, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

I'm with you on this, but it is what it is. Also, the 2007 LP set was half-speed mastered by Stan Ricker. Not trying to be a jerk - just FYI.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

What could be more underwhelming?? Where is the Fillmore '69 , Wolfgang's tapes, Japan '71, Earl's Court compilation, even a cleaned up, Pro-Tooled Knebworth?? Seriously, another TSRTS to clutter up the shelves!?? Fuck me, this is disappointing. I'm assuming all the same shitty cuts and edits will be there too....No Quarter will still be the movie version. SMH.

I guess taking care of the last of the albums for the super deluxe treatment and full remastering as with the studio albums, BBC and HTWWW.  Hopefully, after this we'll get some of the great live releases we're anticipating.  We shall see.

1 hour ago, SuperDave said:

I guess taking care of the last of the albums for the super deluxe treatment and full remastering as with the studio albums, BBC and HTWWW.  Hopefully, after this we'll get some of the great live releases we're anticipating.  We shall see.

I will also choose this optimistic view. I shall be very moderately excited when picking this up. I will be jumping out of my skin should the next official product be a previously unreleased live show.

The worst part is now knowing the wait for a possible new live release is sooooo long......

15 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

The worst part is now knowing the wait for a possible new live release is sooooo long......

3 months? I mean, if it is released for the anniversary. There's no way TSRTS Deluxe is gonna be the "Led Zeppelin Experience" planned for the anniversary.

3 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

3 months? I mean, if it is released for the anniversary. There's no way TSRTS Deluxe is gonna be the "Led Zeppelin Experience" planned for the anniversary.

TSRTS is the next release - on Sept. 7th. I doubt there would be another planned release for another 2-3 months after that. Maybe something in time for Christmas, but if not, thats 6 months or more waiting to be had....

8 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I'm assuming all the same shitty cuts and edits will be there too...

THIS SUCKS! I just looked at the track listing. He's not even going to add Thank You!?

I see DVD 2 is just labeled as "video extras"  - I doubt anything on the DVD will hold more than a casual interest. This is a total bummer, and is in line with my overall expectations for Zeppelin going forward. It's really quite sad.  

10 hours ago, porgie66 said:

What could be more underwhelming?? Where is the Fillmore '69 , Wolfgang's tapes, Japan '71, Earl's Court compilation, even a cleaned up, Pro-Tooled Knebworth?? Seriously, another TSRTS to clutter up the shelves!?? Fuck me, this is disappointing. I'm assuming all the same shitty cuts and edits will be there too....No Quarter will still be the movie version. SMH.

I have to admit that even though I'm probably one of the more positive posters on here with regards recent Zeppelin releases, this one is a real downer. My confidence in any 'surprise' live releases this year is now very, very low. We've got the book & another reissue of TSRTS in September, as well as the HTWWW a couple of months back plus the John Bonham memorial stuff going on as well. I suspect that could well be our lot for 2018 although I'd love to be proved wrong.

I wonder if they have done market research showing how many they might sell.  The Super Deluxe set does not seem like something for the casual fan, but maybe they think a whole generation of new fans will buy the new versions of the 2 CD and 2 DVD sets.  I also wonder what the profit margin is on something like the Super Deluxe sets.  I have not seen any sales figures on the March 2018 re-release of HTWWW, either overall or Super Deluxe.

with regard to the new 4 LP set, is this a remastering of the original 76 album with the added tracks, which IMO is what he should have done in the first place in 07, or is it a remaster of the 07 release?

either way there is the potential he could edit and faff about with it thereby creating a THIRD version of the album

what a sack of shit

someone take the vault keys of jimmy and let someone else take charge. he released HTWWW with awful sound which meant he had to rerelease it after making it right, and the release of TSRTS in 07 was  without question the worst edited album I have ever heard by any band

id like to have the original 76 album with  added tracks in improved sound but if he releases that can I get my money back for the botched 07 release?

2 hours ago, John M said:

I wonder if they have done market research showing how many they might sell.  The Super Deluxe set does not seem like something for the casual fan, but maybe they think a whole generation of new fans will buy the new versions of the 2 CD and 2 DVD sets.  I also wonder what the profit margin is on something like the Super Deluxe sets.  I have not seen any sales figures on the March 2018 re-release of HTWWW, either overall or Super Deluxe.

It's an interesting point. Hell, even as a superfan I refuse to dish out that much dough on things I've already got. The vinyls and DVDs I understand, but who buys CDs anymore? Why not just include a download link? The SD releases are too much for a casual fan and nothing new for a die-hard. Just doesn't make sense. They couldn't be selling that well.

These remasters are beginning to be like the screw head situation. Someone once asked why there are so many different types of screw heads instead of just one fitting for all. The answer is that people keep inventing "better" ones that just add to the pile of confusion and inconvenience. I will give kudos to the HTWWW remaster though. You can't deny it sounds much better.

Archived