Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

What a disappointment AGAIN from Mr. Page. He should stop giving interviews talking about "new stuff". Maybe he'll start to remaster the remasters from I, II and III again since it's been already a few years since they were relased.

1 hour ago, the-ocean87 said:

What a disappointment AGAIN from Mr. Page. He should stop giving interviews talking about "new stuff". Maybe he'll start to remaster the remasters from I, II and III again since it's been already a few years since they were relased.

Don't forget there is unheard stuff in this 1973 MSG performance, Jimmy found some Timpani buried in the multitrack. 

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2018/06/21/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same-reissue-details-preorder/

It looks like I’ll just buy the remastered blu-ray (5.1) like I did for HTWWW. 

Hope they have info by Zeptember on the 50th Anniversary Live (series of promised stuff) for at least a November or December 2018 release. 😳

R😎

And that concludes the reissue campaign! 

I think that the way the release of the 3 live reissues could have been handled better. 

We weren’t sure that all three (BBC, HTWWW, TSRTS) of them were to be released and over what time period and so it got mixed up with the potential for 50th year celebration stuff. 

IMHO it would have been better to hype/release the 3 of em at the same time and frame them as a collection before getting into the 50th debate. But I’m sure time didn’t permit 

14 hours ago, JAP said:

And that concludes the reissue campaign! 

I think that the way the release of the 3 live reissues could have been handled better. 

We weren’t sure that all three (BBC, HTWWW, TSRTS) of them were to be released and over what time period and so it got mixed up with the potential for 50th year celebration stuff. 

IMHO it would have been better to hype/release the 3 of em at the same time and frame them as a collection before getting into the 50th debate. But I’m sure time didn’t permit 

Yeah, thats a great point.

There is a lot of hate in here for this upcoming release. Somewhat understandable, but man, calm down. If you don't want it, don't buy it. (*although I agree entirely with the No Quarter rage - lol...)

After this there surely is going to be some new material released. The old is now DONE with. Time for the new.

Even if new is Earl's Court or RAH as a stand alone boxed release. - that to me is "new" - as long as it is very expansive in content.

cmon Jimmy, deliver!

It could be time to spell it out. 

For example they could say something like , “ expect 3 further live releases Over the next 12 months, one of them will be xx but the other 2 will be surprises. In addition other surprise events and small releases will take place during this time” and that’s  your lot!

I’m not saying that specific content is going to happen. I’m saying it’s time to start communicating as people are getting pissed off.

It comes across as though they are winging it. Only when you look back on it do you see the plan.

You can still have surprises and manage expectations. It can makes such a difference to how positively people react 

I am a little confused about why two of the three live releases are available in 5.1 but none of the studio stuff is. With the limited number of tracks available in a live recording, the 5.1 release doesn't add much to it. Whereas a 5.1 release of the studio albums have the tracks available to add lots of depth and make things interesting.

8 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

TSRTS reissue is only worthwhile if the full length, unedited No Quarter solo is presented.

Agreed Steve.  That's why on my iTunes I downloaded the remastered TSRTS from 2007, deleted the 2007 of NQ and inserted the unremastered version from cd.  Much better listening pleasure.  Also included Thank You as well at the end.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

TSRTS reissue is only worthwhile if the full length, unedited No Quarter solo is presented.

Also, the better , original LP version of Celebration Day, the better edit of SIBLY (the movie version is fucked up) , and the better Whole Lotta Love from the original LP version . Basically a re-edited remix. If all we are getting is the same 2007 version, that will be lame. But I assume the restricted copyright issues with the film will prevent any changes to the music. Isn't that the deal??

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Exactly along with better (original lp mixes of Celebration Day, Since I’ve Been Loving You,  WLL) as well as Thank You. Bonus content is a must as the 2007 remaster (edit) was a major disappointment.

R😎

8 hours ago, tyler19 said:

I am a little confused about why two of the three live releases are available in 5.1 but none of the studio stuff is. With the limited number of tracks available in a live recording, the 5.1 release doesn't add much to it. Whereas a 5.1 release of the studio albums have the tracks available to add lots of depth and make things interesting.

Mr Page it's now time to give us a new remaster of the first album 

in Flac 768 Khz/512 bits for Smarphones and androïds so that we can all hear properly the stool noise at 1mn17sec in Black Mountain Side ....

"New stuff" ... "New stuff" ... 🙀

20 hours ago, porgie66 said:

But I assume the restricted copyright issues with the film will prevent any changes to the music. Isn't that the deal??

There are restrictions on changing film content, but there is flexibility with regard to soundtrack releases.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

There are restrictions on changing film content, but there is flexibility with regard to soundtrack releases.

Just dubbing the audio mix from the film to CD was simply the path of least resistance.

5 hours ago, The Rover said:

Just dubbing the audio mix from the film to CD was simply the path of least resistance.

I thought I read somewhere that there were legal reasons, not just because it was the most facile route to take. I can't cite the source but I'm certain I read it here. 

2 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I thought I read somewhere that there were legal reasons, not just because it was the most facile route to take. I can't cite the source but I'm certain I read it here. 

Obviously, there was no requirement originally to include every song on a soundtrack album that was used in the film, ie the omission of "SIBLY" on the soundtrack.

And, conversely, there was no original restriction to only have music on the soundtrack, that was in the film, ie the inclusion of "Celebration Day," which not part of the film.

So considering that, I would say that the band had latitude to put any songs they chose from MSG, whether those songs were used in the film or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_Remains_the_Same_(album)

On 6/23/2018 at 6:50 AM, SuperDave said:

Agreed Steve.  That's why on my iTunes I downloaded the remastered TSRTS from 2007, deleted the 2007 of NQ and inserted the unremastered version from cd.  Much better listening pleasure.  Also included Thank You as well at the end.

I just have the Heywood remaster. Includes the best of everything - the original versions of CD, D&C, NQ and WLL.....and generally the sound quality is far superior to either the original release or the 2007 version. I’ve never heard Black Dog sound so heavy 

21 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I just have the Heywood remaster. Includes the best of everything - the original versions of CD, D&C, NQ and WLL.....and generally the sound quality is far superior to either the original release or the 2007 version. I’ve never heard Black Dog sound so heavy 

The Heywood is great, but my only complaint is sometimes the crowd noise lingers too long into the tracks that are quiet at the start , like NQ, Dazed. It's the best version out there IMO though. 

Pardon me if this is redundant but I just read this, and haven't seen it posted here on the Forums. 

Page spoke to Planet Rock Magazine for its sixth issue, and Music Week published some of his comments ahead of the magazine’s release on February 16.

“I can’t give the game away,” Page said, “but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I’m looking forward to people hearing that.”

1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

Pardon me if this is redundant but I just read this, and haven't seen it posted here on the Forums. 

Page spoke to Planet Rock Magazine for its sixth issue, and Music Week published some of his comments ahead of the magazine’s release on February 16.

“I can’t give the game away,” Page said, “but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I’m looking forward to people hearing that.”

Bath?

Otherwise, if it truly is very different, you'd think '75 onward. Physical Graffiti gear, maybe '77 or '80?

It certainly doesn't sound like he is referring to EC or RAH as a stand alone - but who knows...

31 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Bath?

Otherwise, if it truly is very different, you'd think '75 onward. Physical Graffiti gear, maybe '77 or '80?

It certainly doesn't sound like he is referring to EC or RAH as a stand alone - but who knows...

The "different" comment referred to a recording from 1973. I'm worried that Page is talking about Southampton, it would be really disappointing if it was.

Archived