Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Mook

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mook said:

Right, that's TSRTS out of the way...

*taps fingers on table

“There’ll be Led Zeppelin product coming out, for sure, that people haven’t heard,” Page said, “because I’m working on that. Next year will be the fiftieth year so there’s all manner of surprises coming out.”

Haha, it took me 10 months to realise this is nothing but a bloody joke!

Not to forget "that there will be a number of releases within the next 10 (!!!!!!!) years" For sure, haha.................

6 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

“There’ll be Led Zeppelin product coming out, for sure, that people haven’t heard,” Page said, “because I’m working on that. Next year will be the fiftieth year so there’s all manner of surprises coming out.”

That's some grade A politician talk. He never said there would be anything released on the exact day of the anniversary. He actually said "Over the next ten years".

Is it terrible of me to think about Page's heirs selling off all his tapes after he passes? Yes, it's terrible lol.

I'd be happy with some studio outtakes, alternative versions etc, even multiples of the same song. Studio Zep is for me more interesting than live. But I suspect the bonus discs may have milked that one almost dry.

23 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Yet if they were repackaging bootlegs we already had you'd still complain

The group does something we've long asked for and yet you all still complain, absolute jokers you lot.

I've got about three Led Zeppelin bootlegs & I've never asked for anyone to stream their music so don't lump me in with some group of 'jokers' you seem to have imagined.

I'd like Led Zeppelin to release another handful of live albums officially on vinyl & CD, if they're albums I have on bootleg already then no complaints from me.

18 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

The group does something we've long asked for and yet you all still complain, absolute jokers you lot.

Pretty disrespectful if you ask me. Not at all necessary. 

Page promised live releases. People were expecting physical copies, which is not unreasonable. 

Also, perhaps some people are a little more ‘old fashioned’ than yourself and not as tech savvy. Hardly unreasonable, given that Zeppelin finished in 1980. 

There are better ways to express your point of view

22 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

It's a bit underwhelming though isn't it, streaming already long available bootlegs ffs, cos that's what all this Led Zeppelin Experience is potentially going to be !!!  I don't do streaming, never have never will, why would I when there are better options, Hard copy (if one fancies), HiRes and FLAC downloads. I've been listening to Zeppelin boots for over forty  five years I have all the shows I want and I've dumped all the ones that I don't want. I hope I'm proved wrong and we get some real surprises but I'm not holding my breath. I'm getting old and I am hard to please. If Jimmy Page wants to excite me then he should mix the core catalogue in 5.1 then I'll sit up and take notice. Led Zeppelin are just about the only major 60's/70's rock act that don't have any of their studio recordings in surround sound.

I hope this Led Zeppelin Experience (live concert series) Is for physical copies (limited edition CDs & vinyl first then streaming at a later date) ; not just streaming. 

The “Experience” we grew up with was listening to vinyl & cd by Led Zeppelin and other “album” oriented releases as an event / opportunity to get together then talk about the art work (cover, inserts / gatefold, back cover art), photos, liner notes, etc & share the music with others.

If this is just streaming then a great opportunity to build community will be lost to ear buds. The phone is not the end all be all. Also, bootleggers will just take the streams and release them on limited edition vinyl / cd out of Japan , etc (if they aren’t done officially/legitimately). 

We all know how much Robert & Jimmy love their vinyl, too, so Led Zeppelin should continue celebrating their 50th Anniversary with these live recordings the same way they began it as an album oriented group (contrary to the singles market / short attention span theatre so prevalent today). 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

R😎

I think it's time to accept that physical releases aren't money makers anymore. Doing something just to satisfy the fan base isn't gonna happen. It's actually very surprising that they released the new deluxe editions physically, especially considering there's nothing new.

In regards to the idea of this new streaming service and concerns over no physical releases...some may remember what Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes did when they initially released Night at the Greek on cd.  It wasn't the full 2 cd set or 3 vinyl rsd release album we got a bit later on...instead, you could pick what songs you wanted from the full set and they would send you a disc with the songs that you had picked.  Could anyone see that sort of model being applied to this new live zep streaming service?   Check off shows or a mix of tunes, design the printing on a box, and then get a tidy little customized multi-disc box set in the mail or a single cd.

Jimmy thought it was a great idea with the crowes, so why wouldn't this fly here?  I would buy mixes of my favorite shows in HQ on a monthly basis and I am sure many others would as well given the bulk of the fans age group is a bit older (myself included).  As far as I know, the idea really never got off the ground after this early 2000's release, but the model could be applied to other media other than cd's as well...

And then there is the current vinyl craze...I don't think that the zep camp would want to miss out on exploiting the people who are happy to pay $120.00 for a single concert on a few records.  I would never pay that much for HTWWW... not to offend those that did because it is a really great album, but I already had my old copy and no extra cash for it on vinyl.

Would they offer the pick your tunes model here as well? Or just pick the most streamed show once they look over subscriber listening trends on their service a few months after launch?  Or just pick a few shows that they all agree on and put them on cheaper to press hd vinyl?  Not trying to hijack the thread; I just feel that this may be a possibility.  It would almost be similar to amazon's book printing model but with cd's or vinyl.  For the vinyl the new laser groove cutting tech coming out soon in the form of hd vinyl this will likely reduce the production costs for vinyl since it can cut a record as a cd drive etches a cd, so they could make "choose your own" records as well if they wanted.  I would buy a few of those for sure...

I am in shock that there are so many people complaining about this. What the hell is going on here?

If Page releases live shows that have been professionally remastered, and I don't give a crap what shows they are, be it Tempe, I'd be ecstatic. Few real fans it seems. Just be happy and excited. Too much time on your hands?

Top three I hope get streamed, any show from:

Back to the clubs tour 1971

Copenhagen 1979

UK winter tour 1971

Archived