LED ZEPPELIN OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED BOOK - COMING 2018

sam_webmaster

4 hours ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

How is the picture showing he doesn't give a shit? He's holding the book in front of a kebab shop. I wouldn't read into it.

He should've been standing on a full scale Viking ship. While holding a flaming sword. With lasers shooting out his eyes. With naked chicks.

I find it hilarious that after thirty years, Zep fans still don't get Plant's distancing himself from the rock star image. He's not like the 60 yr old rockers still throwing up devil horns and singing about dragons. His musical "schtick" has been political and social critique mixed with love songs for twenty years. I'm surprised he even took another photo with the book.

7 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

He should've been standing on a full scale Viking ship. While holding a flaming sword. With lasers shooting out his eyes. With naked chicks.

I find it hilarious that after thirty years, Zep fans still don't get Plant's distancing himself from the rock star image. He's not like the 60 yr old rockers still throwing up devil horns and singing about dragons. His musical "schtick" has been political and social critique mixed with love songs for twenty years. I'm surprised he even took another photo with the book.

"My peers flirt with cabaret

Some fake the rebel yell

I'm moving up to higher ground

I must escape their hell"

Tin Pan Valley. His view on botoxed up hair dyed ageing rockers couldn't be clearer. Thank God Plant's aged with dignity.

8 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

IDK - maybe I was reading too much into it. Just seemed like there are better backgrounds than the kebab shop. 

It's so typical of his sense of humour though. Puncturing the Zeppelin mystique.

• Administrators
John Paul Jones with his copy of the official 50th anniversary book 'Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin' published by ReelArtPress. Available now in book stores worldwide and online. For select stockists, please visit http://bit.ly/LedZepStockists. For your chance to feature on the official book Instagram account @ledzeppelinbook post a photo with your book and tag #ledzeppelinbook.

jpj_fb_lz_by_lz.jpg

The rain falling on the book a bit, like he doesn't care that much for such visual memories, so that can hold the umbrella for someone who is not there? John Bonham I guess.

That is just some weird thinking by me, but if that is the case I fully support it and especially Robert's gesture. It's about living in the present, that what he is always about.

15 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

The rain falling on the book a bit, like he doesn't care that much for such visual memories

I distinctly recall about ten years ago he said, "Life's too short to go looking for pictures of oneself". I cannot specifically recall what prompted him to say it, but it had something to do with nostalgia for Led Zeppelin. So I think for him it's definitely a book for a rainy day, and not something he'd otherwise concern himself with. If correct, the theme of the photo is just brilliant. 

Edited by SteveAJones

3 hours ago, John M said:

My favorite picture is still the one of Robert and the audience in Iceland.  What are some pictures that really struck others?

Still haven't opened mine lol. My copy is a misprint, with upside down print on the spine and a RAP logo stamped on the front. It's a shame they weren't limited edition or it might've been worth something. I may buy a used copy for a coffee table book.

7 hours ago, John M said:

My favorite picture is still the one of Robert and the audience in Iceland.  What are some pictures that really struck others?

p. 52 great shot of equipment/amps and PG standing in the doorway
p. 53 fantastic angle - the TV camera, the equipment, and the three interacting
p. 55 outstanding!
p. 74/75 wonderful study of JB - and the big smile on the last pic
p. 90/91 shadow and light, tranquillity and chaos, acuity and hazinesss
p. 140, p. 146, p. 181 super
p. 184/185 how happy these people are, pure joy
p. 188/189 the pics from this series are some of the best rock pics ever taken. It's not about stardome. It's about the experience of all these people together in the stadium. The audience, the roadies, the band. Oustanding.
And I really like the photos with all the equipment stuff.
p. 226-234 just great
p. 233 Is this Neal Preston or James Fortune on the left side of the stage?
p. 241 terrific!
p. 258 super shot of the theremin antenna
p.  275 nice shot of Jonsey at the piano        
p. 314/315 love that picture

9 minutes ago, Realperson said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jimmy-page-says-fans-will-definitely-be-getting-stuff-from-him-in-2019/

summary from the interview above: “I’ll be seen to be playing in 2019”...lol

Saddest part for me was this quote because it sounds like there's nothing else lined up for the 50th.

So, at the moment, we've got this [book] out, so that's really brilliant. And who knows what may come further on down the line? I don't know. So I can't really say at this point."

7 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

I read it differently, as he always holds his cards close by. I think the digital (and hopefully later a limited cd / blu ray audio edition) version of live concerts / compilation tracks will be released to honor their 50th. 

R😎

Edited by reids

7 hours ago, reids said:

I read it differently, as he always holds his cards close by. I think the digital (and hopefully later a limited cd / blu ray audio edition) version of live concerts / compilation tracks will be released to honor their 50th. 

R😎

I also read it differently. He hadn't quite nailed down his "avoidance" response to the question since he does have things on the go but is not willing to divulge anything yet. I cannot believe the book (as brilliant as it is) is the sole representation of Zeppelin releases for the 50th. No way. We know at the very least he can expand upon DVD content, the Bath stuff that resurfaced, SouthHampton and Osaka possible multi Tracks, talk of streaming, heretofore unknown vault material.... There has got to be something.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I also read it differently. He hadn't quite nailed down his "avoidance" response to the question since he does have things on the go but is not willing to divulge anything yet. I cannot believe the book (as brilliant as it is) is the sole representation of Zeppelin releases for the 50th. No way. We know at the very least he can expand upon DVD content, the Bath stuff that resurfaced, SouthHampton and Osaka possible multi Tracks, talk of streaming, heretofore unknown vault material.... There has got to be something.

I hope you're correct. However, his 75th birthday and the 50th anniversary of the first album are both coming up next month. If anything was coming out for either of those he'd be talking about it now, as the release would only be a few weeks away. And yet he said "who knows what may come further on down the line? I don't know." If anyone should know, it's him. But apparently he doesn't. Again, I hope I'm wrong, I just get the sinking feeling I'm not.

14 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

I hope you're correct. However, his 75th birthday and the 50th anniversary of the first album are both coming up next month. If anything was coming out for either of those he'd be talking about it now, as the release would only be a few weeks away. And yet he said "who knows what may come further on down the line? I don't know." If anyone should know, it's him. But apparently he doesn't. Again, I hope I'm wrong, I just get the sinking feeling I'm not.

I’ve finally resigned myself to the fact that we’re getting bugger all. I’m just hoping that empress valley release the full Osaka 929 soundboard. If we get this, I couldn’t give a rats 🐀 arse about an official live release 

17 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

p. 52 great shot of equipment/amps and PG standing in the doorway
p. 53 fantastic angle - the TV camera, the equipment, and the three interacting
p. 55 outstanding!
p. 74/75 wonderful study of JB - and the big smile on the last pic
p. 90/91 shadow and light, tranquillity and chaos, acuity and hazinesss
p. 140, p. 146, p. 181 super
p. 184/185 how happy these people are, pure joy
p. 188/189 the pics from this series are some of the best rock pics ever taken. It's not about stardome. It's about the experience of all these people together in the stadium. The audience, the roadies, the band. Oustanding.
And I really like the photos with all the equipment stuff.
p. 226-234 just great
p. 233 Is this Neal Preston or James Fortune on the left side of the stage?
p. 241 terrific!
p. 258 super shot of the theremin antenna
p.  275 nice shot of Jonsey at the piano        
p. 314/315 love that picture

Great list!  Here's some more 158-159, 160-161, 165, 203 (!!), 251-52.