LED ZEPPELIN OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED BOOK - COMING 2018

sam_webmaster

My wallet's going to be made of Led too. A book. Another book of photos. TSRTS remastered yet again. That's it? No Earls Court release - I at least hoped for an album. Still no fecking live release after 1973. No How The East Was Won (ok, quality may not be up to Jimmy's standard). No (often rumoured and indeed mentioned by Jimmy back in the 70's) live compilation(s). He's led the fans on and on for years - every year it's "I'll be releasing new music next year. I'm going to be doing this. I'm going to be doing that. Just STFU if you don't mean it. I was pissed off at plant back in 2008 but I expected a bit more from Jimmy considering that Jimmy always said that Zeppelin were a live band and what do we have? 2.5 live albums. I am done with it. Judas Priest, Saxon, Iron Maiden at least try and give the fans what they want. Seems Jimmy is too busy trading barbs with Robbie Williams to do anything constructive any more. Yes I'm bitter. Done and fecking dusted!!! 

Edited by Jukkin

Right on Steve. Not only that, but with the re-release of the TSRTS box - which rounds off the re-releases, you'd have to think there would naturally be a gap before another release so I expect either late Nov/early Dec for a Christmas retail advantage release - or Jan/Feb for spacing out the releases.

I will be pissed if the next release is the DVD again with not much added in. That needs to be broken up into separate DVD releases. EC and Knebworth both as stand alone DVD release with lots of content (FULL gigs) and bonus material. They could put a real premium on that and I have no doubt they would be very well received.

And if Japan is indeed multi-tracked, surely that will see the light of day officially as well sooner or later. I can't understand why it wouldn't if it is on a shelf.

While a compilation would be interesting - especially if it included really nice cleaned up tracks from every tour, and is a 3 to 5 CD release, give me the above if it is a "either/or" choice- which I think it would be. I'd take complete EC and Knebworth over a compilation every day of the week.

cmon Rock Gods - shine on us.

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

so I expect either late Nov/early Dec for a Christmas retail advantage release - or Jan/Feb for spacing out the releases.

There would more than likely already be some press leaks and promotions happening by now for any of those dates. There would be eyewitness accounts of Page being in a studio working on production. I hope I'm wrong, but there's been nothing but extremely vague hints by Page who said it could happen over the next few years, if he lives.

20 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

There would more than likely already be some press leaks and promotions happening by now for any of those dates. There would be eyewitness accounts of Page being in a studio working on production. I hope I'm wrong, but there's been nothing but extremely vague hints by Page who said it could happen over the next few years, if he lives.

Gawd I hope that is off the mark.....

Feel somewhat disappointed that my most anticipated Zeppelin release item this year is EVSD's soundboard of 09-29-1971. So much for the 50th. To be fair though, the 50th anniversary of Please, Please Me was noted by even less than Zeppelin's; nothing as I recall, not even a mention from Apple.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:39 AM, ledded1 said:

No offence but I think it's pushing it to call yourself the #1 Zep fan

Jesus do you take everything in life so seriously... Yikes...

I am happy and not surprised at all they aren't gearing back up. Aerosmith performed Mama Kin on TV a couple of nights ago. The clip popped up on YouTube, couldn't watch the performance for more than five seconds. Not an entertaining sight. One of the rhythym guitarists was standing still as a statue and looked like if he made any sudden movements it might be his last. 

Only thing that might be nice would be an all acoustic performance, but I don't think that'd serve the band's reputation well as far as an anniversary celebration goes. Would just be for the diehards. I hope they unleash fire and fury and give us a (some) real badass concert(s). 

19 hours ago, JTM said:

Well I know I've previously said I would not buy this book I just know if I see it in Waterstones I will not be able to resist.

Barnes & Noble left my city several years ago. But we do have a Half-Price Book store that does carry new releases. So, if the book ever appears there, I will look at it, to see if it's something I need. I'm picky, so we'll see. I was greatly disappointed with the Neal Preston book that came out in the 90's. So examining it in person will be the way I decide on a book.

LED ZEPPELIN: More 50th-Anniversary-Photo-Book Details Revealed

September 17, 2018

Due on October 9, "Led Zeppelin By Led Zeppelin" is the first and only official illustrated book by the band. It is a unique collaboration between Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, who have given Reel Art Press unrestricted access to the LED ZEPPELIN archive.

Commemorating 50 years since their formation, this 400-page chronology spans half a century of the band's unparalleled career. It comprises hundreds of carefully curated images and artworks personally selected by the band, from the iconic to the unseen. To accompany the visual journey, the bandmembers have written their own exclusive annotations.

This exceptional book includes contributions from all the major photographers who captured the band throughout their career, including Dick Barnatt, Chris Dreja, Carl Dunn, Bob Gruen, Elliott Erwitt, Ross Halfin, Jeffrey Mayer, Neal Preston, Ron Raffaelli, Pennie Smith, David Stratford, Dominique Tarlé and Michael Zagaris, along with artworks by design group Hipgnosis, the Atlantic Records archives and photographs from the band's personal collections.

This is the story of the band who defined rock and roll, as seen by the band themselves.

Guitarist Jimmy Page told The Pulse Of Radio that ZEPPELIN's initial influences from across the Atlantic solidified the type of music they would create over the years. "The fact is, all four of us, were so influenced by American music, and for me, the music that I was hearing in the sort of '50s over here, it was all a reinterpretation of what was going on in America," he said. "So we, sort of, had this American music, sort of coming in to us, and we were accessing it through the radio and records. That's a major part of why we became what we were — which is musicians and became totally seduced by this whole movement in music."

Released this past March was a newly remastered reissue of the LED ZEPPELIN 2003 live collection, "How The West Was Won". The set, which features new remastering supervised by Page, marked the first offering from the band in celebration of its 50th anniversary this year.

"How The West Was Won" was originally released on May 27, 2003 featuring tracks culled from two Southern California shows recorded at the L.A. Forum on June 25, 1972 and Long Beach Arena on June 27, 1972. Page sequenced the set to replicate a single concert from beginning to end.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/led-zeppelin-more-50th-anniversary-photo-book-details-revealed/

From the Led Zeppelin Official Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ledzeppelin

Here’s your chance to get a last minute invite (with a +1 AND £1000 spending money to help get you there) to the exclusive and private celebration party in central London on Monday September 24 for the new, official illustrated book 'Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin'.

5 runners up also get copies of the book and 'The Song Remains The Same' deluxe box.

Simply click below, follow the band on Spotify and you’ll be in with a chance of being there. The winner will be chosen on Friday afternoon!

https://campaigns.topsify.com/app/11239/led-zeppelin

I got my book and poster. It is a very nice book. Quality. A good annotations section at the back where the lads talk about the pics and context. A lot of beautiful photos in there. Surprisingly, there is very little 1977 comparatively. I though the LA Forum run alone would have been a few pages. Maybe too many pics showed too many "off chops" shots.

But very very delighted with it.

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I got my book and poster. It is a very nice book. Quality. A good annotations section at the back where the lads talk about the pics and context. A lot of beautiful photos in there. Surprisingly, there is very little 1977 comparatively. I though the LA Forum run alone would have been a few pages. Maybe too many pics showed too many "off chops" shots.

But very very delighted with it.

Cheers! Are there any on stage pics from 1968 that were previously unseen? Anything from Scandinavia beyond the ones already known about (3 onstage & 3 offstage)?

10 minutes ago, 76229 said:

Cheers! Are there any on stage pics from 1968 that were previously unseen? Anything from Scandinavia beyond the ones already known about (3 onstage & 3 offstage)?

I asked about this, someplace else on the forum, specifically Bonzo's drums, no reply yet. 

9 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

I asked about this, someplace else on the forum, specifically Bonzo's drums, no reply yet. 

Someone must have taken photos of the early UK shows too. More than just the two that are known about (that blurred colour pic plus the b&w pic that started the question over Bonzo's UK '68 kit in the first place)...

I fantasise that the 50th anniversary might jog a few memories and someone might think "hang on I was at that gig at the Roundhouse / Klooks Kleek / wherever, wonder if I took me camera?"

17 hours ago, 76229 said:

Someone must have taken photos of the early UK shows too. More than just the two that are known about (that blurred colour pic plus the b&w pic that started the question over Bonzo's UK '68 kit in the first place)...

I fantasise that the 50th anniversary might jog a few memories and someone might think "hang on I was at that gig at the Roundhouse / Klooks Kleek / wherever, wonder if I took me camera?"

18 hours ago, 76229 said:

I don't know about unseen. And I'm not sure Sam would like pics being posted here from the book (not sure, just being careful)

There are a couple from the Marquee club and a couple from Teen Club, Gladsaxe, Denmark. A couple of them shows a fair chunk of Bonzo's kit.