LED ZEPPELIN OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED BOOK - COMING 2018

sam_webmaster

1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin is the first and only official illustrated book to be produced in collaboration with the members of the band. Celebrating 50 years since their formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham on and offstage, in candid moments and in the recording studio. This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

Published by Reel Art Press, October 2018.

Available to pre-order now:   
https://goo.gl/vGVFtB

LZ_by_LZ_PHOTO_BOOK_COVER_web.jpg

So if we're getting an official deluxe illustrated book, what was the point behind the hardback books that came with the deluxe box sets in 2014-15...?

On 1/18/2018 at 6:32 AM, AussieOzzieZeppfan said:

Where do I find visuals etc of the "Stargroves" sessions?.

I'm assuming you replied to me. Just googling "led Zeppelin star groves" will bring up quite a bit. Then you can go from there. There's some interesting pics of Bonham playing guitar (or pretending to).

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, David Hoffberg said:

I was a die hard fan from the beginning, but have been disappointed over the years that LZ won't go on tour. I have NO intention of buying the 50th Anniversary until they start performing as a group again.

Led Zeppelin ended in 1980 when John Bonham died, so you’ll be waiting a long time for them to regroup. 

R😎

I'll  buy anything that is put out, sure a lot of you are the same.   That being said, its true - Led Zeppelin ended in 1980.  I understand the link to Jason and the O2 show was great and done for a great reason.  But the fact that they realized that they were the 4 of them ONLY and called it quits is something I really have always admired from them.  Unlike most every other band.  They had their time of dominance and since then, the legend has grown and grown.  Thank God what they have given us.  I'm looking forward to anything I can get.

I' m not sure why everyone is So upset there's been no reunion. First John is dead. 2nd we did get the fantastic 07 performance with Jason. And we had 2 Page&Plant tours which were fantastic and 90% Led Zep music.  At this stage of life, any further reunion efforts I feel would pale to these previous performances.  

3 hours ago, drpete said:

I' m not sure why everyone is So upset there's been no reunion. First John is dead. 2nd we did get the fantastic 07 performance with Jason. And we had 2 Page&Plant tours which were fantastic and 90% Led Zep music.  At this stage of life, any further reunion efforts I feel would pale to these previous performances.  

Completely agree.

In a nutshell, they're too old now.

They made amends for all the botched get-togethers - Atlantic, Live Aid - at the 02 gig, which was well received by fans and critics.

Best to go out on a high.

Page spent far too many years waiting for Plant to call and after O2 and should have done some soundtrack work or some experimental studio albums.

He needed to go sideways, instead of trying to stage the second coming.

A reunion would bring out the people who would just complain that it' s not as good as 1972, the set list has too many warhorses , they look old, can' t play or hit the notes blah blah blah..   Just check out IORR everytime the Stones play.  So much negativity instead of appreciation for what you got.  

C'mon, it's been 50 years since the band came together -many of those years performing tirelessly on the road.  It's time to celebrate their accomplishments and cut them a little slack.  Their work is enduring and the legacy of their recordings, videos, interviews and other insightful commentary is huge, not just for us but hopefully for many future generations.  I'm thankful for their creativity and energy.  Today, Robert is still on the road playing, Jimmy contributes in important ways as an archivist and John Paul continues to explore a few things on his own.  Please note, for those planning to buy the 50th Anniversary illustrated book, the publisher are offering free shipping to those who order it before April 1.  And there is no VAT if you're ordering it from the US.

• 1 month later...

Pre-ordered. Looking forward to get my hands on it, as I don't own any LZ illustrated books.

BTW, am I the only one who gets distracted by the Jimmy's symbol on the cover? It's slightly bigger and misaligned compared to the rest. Guess it's the bloody OCD speaking... :)

Anyway, I 'fixed' it for myself and now am using the hi-res version of the book cover for a nice desktop wallpaper. :) 

image.png

image2.png

11 hours ago, nirvana said:

I cant wait for the Making of The Song Remains the Same movie and companion book to be released...

Outtake footage has circulated for nearly 30 years, and there are many photos taken during the making of. Hopefully this book will include some previously unseen shots from the making of the film.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Outtake footage has circulated for nearly 30 years, and there are many photos taken during the making of. Hopefully this book will include some previously unseen shots from the making of the film.

Yes, indeed. I’ve had a vhs copy of TSRTS concert (alternate) footage not included in movie while each member and Grant had their fantasy sequences as well as other footage for over 30 years (since 1988 or 89). Hope it’s unseen photos, too!

R😎

• 4 weeks later...

If you take the photos in the SDBS and the LZ photos from the JP book then surely you have enough photos without this new book?

im struggling to see what is to be gained by more photos?

perhaps it’s because I’ve not see how it’s going to be done....

13 hours ago, JAP said:

If you take the photos in the SDBS and the LZ photos from the JP book then surely you have enough photos without this new book?

It's because it's their 50th anniversary and all three members have collaborated on this bood, which is a first on a Led Zeppelin book.  It's authorized and not unauthorized.

14 hours ago, JAP said:

It's a lazy way of the band making money without much effort.

A proper ghost written biography would require them committing to several days of interviews and carefully reviewing 300-odd pages of text.

In comparison this is minimal effort for maximum gain.

They also don't have to go into the nitty gritty of who did what and all that uncomfortable stuff.

Edited by Boleskinner

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for it! I’m banking on there being something compelling that they’re done with the photos such as how they have organised them or something different.

I want to believe..

im sure I’ve seen a lot of these photos already that’s all 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page with Working Draft Copy of Upcoming Led Zeppelin Book
June 8, 2018

ledzeppelin_book.jpg

Photo: John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page photographed in May 2018 with their working draft of the book "Led Zeppelin By Led Zeppelin". Published in October by Reel Art Press to celebrate fifty years since the formation of the band. (Photo by Dave Brolan/Reel Art Press).

Work on the official book "Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin" is almost complete. The images have been carefully selected and annotated throughout by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones.

Celebrating 50 years since the band's formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Led Zeppelin on and offstage from their very first moments together. This definitive 400-page volume includes previously unpublished photos, artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

There will be regular updates and sneak previews showing the work in progress. Stay tuned.

Pre-order your copy here: http://bit.ly/2Jjs3do

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/john-paul-jones-robert-plant-and-jimmy-page-working-draft-copy-upcoming-led-zeppelin-book

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:
John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page with Working Draft Copy of Upcoming Led Zeppelin Book
June 8, 2018

ledzeppelin_book.jpg

Photo: John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page photographed in May 2018 with their working draft of the book "Led Zeppelin By Led Zeppelin". Published in October by Reel Art Press to celebrate fifty years since the formation of the band. (Photo by Dave Brolan/Reel Art Press).

Work on the official book "Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin" is almost complete. The images have been carefully selected and annotated throughout by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones.

Celebrating 50 years since the band's formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Led Zeppelin on and offstage from their very first moments together. This definitive 400-page volume includes previously unpublished photos, artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

There will be regular updates and sneak previews showing the work in progress. Stay tuned.

Pre-order your copy here: http://bit.ly/2Jjs3do

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/john-paul-jones-robert-plant-and-jimmy-page-working-draft-copy-upcoming-led-zeppelin-book

Thanks for the update, Sam. Looking forward to this and more for their 50th.

R😎👍

24 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

How about a promotional code for us devotees!!!

aaaaah stuff it, ordered! :banana:

I forget what I preordered the book for as I did it several months ago, when available on Amazon, but seems reasonable considering a hardcover and page length.  I'm not looking for a discount as not overpriced.  I have my order confirmation and will look and edit to this.

I paid $ 73.39 for the book and hope it's worth it.  I had some discounts with Prime and other things and not complaining.

Just notice that price has dropped about $4 and with pre-order I should get lowest price but will notify Amazon about this to make sure I get this.

Edited by SuperDave

1 hour ago, SuperDave said:

I forget what I preordered the book for as I did it several months ago, when available on Amazon, but seems reasonable considering a hardcover and page length.  I'm not looking for a discount as not overpriced.  I have my order confirmation and will look and edit to this.

I paid $ 73.39 for the book and hope it's worth it.  I had some discounts with Prime and other things and not complaining.

Just notice that price has dropped about $4 and with pre-order I should get lowest price but will notify Amazon about this to make sure I get this.

The US Amazon marketplace is being taken down due to GST law changes in Aus, I didn't check the new Aus Amazon page, I just ordered direct from SuperSam's link. With currency conversion it was a pretty hefty total, but meh..... Its an official Zep book. GOT to get it!