Early Led Zeppelin

McSeven

What I love about this era of Zep is that the bass and drums breath and are allowed to be cool and dynamic.  So its like Zep decided to use each istrument to power a groove, instead of doubling lines where the guitar/bass, double each other for the most part.  

As much as Plant and Page dircted the band.  They would be nothing with out Bonham/JPJones.  

They were really good at interacting musically whether with riffs or open grooves!

Plus it helps a lot with working and improving your music and singing, if you actually listen to the music instead of just hearing it, hope that makes sense,

Zeppelin listened a lost to music and each other musically and they had to have open passages, where doubling something on bass would not really make that much sense! 

• 1 month later...

There riffs are legendary. You just know by listening to there music that they were the "vehicle" chosen by the music gods to express themselves. I can't think of a single artist today's who's music I would listen to after the next 10 years. Seems like mainstream radio doesn't like 'guitar' music anymore.

• 3 months later...

Archived