The Song Remains the Same - Upcoming screenings

22 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

The Song Remains the Same
Date - Saturday, 8 January (Midnight)

New Beverly Cinema
7165 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036

https://thenewbev.com/program/january-8-the-song-remains-the-same/

tickets: https://ticketing.uswest.veezi.com/purchase/702?siteToken=fmtswb0qqbym3de6c4bbsqj89m

Song-Remains-the-Same-poste-385x578.jpg

Ah, you beat me to it, Sam. I saw the news when I went to the New Beverly Cinema last night.

269598911_10157831335645904_7793358786119430202_n.thumb.jpg.f642328c346e82747aece8b44dec41e3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Saturday, 22 January 2022
19:00

Riverside Studios
101 Queen Caroline Street
Hammersmith
London

Rock collossi Led Zeppelin are captured live at Madison Square Garden in 1976. As well as interviews with band members and glimpses of backstage shenanigans, the film features definitive versions of 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Dazed and Confused' and many more.

We're transforming Studio 3 in January into a cabaret-style cinema & bar to show some of our favourite ever concert films on the big screen. Seating is unallocated, and tables will be socially distanced.

• 6 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 3:14 PM, NealR2000 said:

But this is tomorrow.... 

On 6/2/2018 at 10:41 PM, dandak said:

LOVED the music from this movie. LOVED IT. Bought it on vinyl when it came out. Went to see the movie in Youngstown Ohio the first night it showed taking several of my zep buddies with me. Major disappointment. The music was great, the concert footage was great, but those fantasy sequences????? What????? They dragged on and on. Im not into, and never have been into, that 'woo-woo" stuff (for lack of a better word). Recently watched the movie again to see if I have changed. Nope... But I still crank the album!

Agree 100%.

I too saw it in theatres long before VCRs etc and my friends and I hated the fantasy shit. What person wants to see that instead of live footage of them PLAYING the songs? I still do not get it. I guess it was someone's "idea" of art. 

1 hour ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I'd love to see it in the theater again!

👍 Me too! If it comes to Christown or Metro or anywhere in the metro Phoenix area we could do a meet and greet.

Edited by luvlz2

On 12/29/2017 at 8:37 PM, Mithril46 said:

Damn. In NYC,  I remember about 2-3 years ago some theater had a midnight showing. I don't speak for anyone else,

but on the large screen, believe me , there are details and aspects of the movie you can't see even on a 60" home tv.

In various spots Jimmy is playing so fast his hands are actually a blur. Long live Midnight Movies !! Viewers cheering

as the symbols appear with each member's name. Those were the days!!.

Yes, those were the days. The midnight movies in Victoria BC were legendary. Also showed was Quadraphenia, The Kid's Are Alright., Hendrix. Good Times.

Before a showing of TSRTS we had a Zeppelin party and played all albums in order from Zeppelin I - Presence. (pre Coda days) Blessed am I to have lived it and still after the great level of beverages and the crispy state we kept ourselves in, I remember it like I'm there. Thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators

The Song Remains the Same (1976)

Robins Theatre
June 16, 2023 7:00 PM
160 E. Market St.
Warren, OH 44481

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/5616619/the-song-remains-the-same-1976-warren-robins-theatre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

june10.webp

https://allevents.in/corsham/music-at-the-movies-the-song-remains-the-same-at-the-screening-room/200024665694119

Parade House Trowbridge, 70 Fore Street, Corsham, United Kingdom

• 4 weeks later...

The Song Remains the Same 

Tuesday July 11, 2023 9:30pm.

Los Feliz 3 Theatre

1822 N Vermont Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90027

https://www.americancinematheque.com/now-showing/the-song-remains-the-same-7-11-23/

This screening follows the 7pm screening of Anton Corbijn's "Squaring the Circle: The Story of Hipgnosis".

https://www.americancinematheque.com/now-showing/squaring-the-circle-the-story-of-hipgnosis-7-11-23/

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Two screenings in a month and this one in the brand new Academy Museum of Motion Pictures. Of course, instead of this Saturday they should have screened it on Saturday July 29, the 50th anniversary of the last Madison Square Garden show and last show of the 1973 tour. Be that as it may, if you are in L.A. this weekend, you can see "The Song Remains the Same" on the big screen this Saturday (July 22) night at 7:30pm.

https://www.academymuseum.org/en/programs/detail/the-song-remains-the-same-01872eea-f58f-7176-2d7a-2552437e6c07

20230724_083838.thumb.jpg.62f65bc849a06c3a1636b6ce38627404.jpg

20230722_191047.thumb.jpg.4b1f5fea957ae0d5b6c19b27fee85075.jpg

21_xAcademy-Museum-21-09-RPBW-7106.jpeg.fecdfc45999f450d866be6d0000bc0e6.jpeg

AcademyMus-SoundAndComm-AMPAS-3.jpg.9cc9f8bbc9b2ab232cda0dc6089b7e69.jpg

If you had told the members of Led Zeppelin in 1976 that nearly 50 years later the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences would screen the "most expensive home movie ever made" at their flagship theatre, I doubt they would have believed you.

While the Academy Museum screen is not quite as large as the Hollywood Chinese IMAX or the Cinerama Dome screens, it is larger than any of the theatres it premiered at in 1976 and double the size of the United Artist Theatres at the Tyler Mall in Riverside, where I saw "The Song Remains the Same" over 100 times at the midnight movies from 1976 to 1980.

The theatre has a row of JPL sub-woofers lined up below the screen and I counted at least 25 speakers arrayed around the sides and rear of the room and even above us on the ceiling.

The size of the screen allowed me to see details I hadn't noticed as clearly before. For instance, during the theremin segment of "Whole Lotta Love" you can really see Jimmy's right sleeve on his jacket coming apart at the seams.

Also, now that we know where to look, I could really see Ana Pearce and her boyfriend stand out in the crowd. I could see Ana reach out for Robert Plant's tambourine just before the guitar solo in "Stairway To Heaven".

It is amusing to see the same pirated photos that the film shows the black guy selling in the Garden are the same photos used to illustrate one of the concert reviews in the New York press archived on this site.

Also, the girl in the "Enjoy Cocaine" shirt in that pirate merch scene before "Dazed and Confused" also pops up taking photos in the photo pit during "Whole Lotta Love".

Strange things I noticed in the end credits...they list "Black Dog" before "Rock and Roll" instead of the other way around. And "Heartbreaker" is listed as "Heart Breaker".

It's fun seeing Roy Harper and Mick Hinton throughout the concert bobbing and weaving around the periphery of the stage. 

But the main takeaway from seeing "The Song Remains the Same" on such a huge screen and sound system is that for all of its flaws and faults, this movie still remains the only place where you can see live Led Zeppelin filmed in glorious 35mm Panavision.

The Royal Albert Hall was shot in 16mm. Earls Court 1975, Pontiac and Seattle 1977, and Knebworth 1979 are all videotape. None of that can compare to the beauty, depth and clarity of 35mm film.

Joe Massot and his crew blew it by not getting the whole concert on film. But what they did get is still the best-looking footage we have of Led Zeppelin in concert.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Strider said:

20230724_083838.thumb.jpg.62f65bc849a06c3a1636b6ce38627404.jpg

20230722_191047.thumb.jpg.4b1f5fea957ae0d5b6c19b27fee85075.jpg

21_xAcademy-Museum-21-09-RPBW-7106.jpeg.fecdfc45999f450d866be6d0000bc0e6.jpeg

AcademyMus-SoundAndComm-AMPAS-3.jpg.9cc9f8bbc9b2ab232cda0dc6089b7e69.jpg

If you had told the members of Led Zeppelin in 1976 that nearly 50 years later the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences would screen the "most expensive home movie ever made" at their flagship theatre, I doubt they would have believed you.

While the Academy Museum screen is not quite as large as the Hollywood Chinese IMAX or the Cinerama Dome screens, it is larger than any of the theatres it premiered at in 1976 and double the size of the United Artist Theatres at the Tyler Mall in Riverside, where I saw "The Song Remains the Same" over 100 times at the midnight movies from 1976 to 1980.

The theatre has a row of JPL sub-woofers lined up below the screen and I counted at least 25 speakers arrayed around the sides and rear of the room and even above us on the ceiling.

The size of the screen allowed me to see details I hadn't noticed as clearly before. For instance, during the theremin segment of "Whole Lotta Love" you can really see Jimmy's right sleeve on his jacket coming apart at the seams.

Also, now that we know where to look, I could really see Ana Pearce and her boyfriend stand out in the crowd. I could see Ana reach out for Robert Plant's tambourine just before the guitar solo in "Stairway To Heaven".

It is amusing to see the same pirated photos that the film shows the black guy selling in the Garden are the same photos used to illustrate one of the concert reviews in the New York press archived on this site.

Also, the girl in the "Enjoy Cocaine" shirt in that pirate merch scene before "Dazed and Confused" also pops up taking photos in the photo pit during "Whole Lotta Love".

Strange things I noticed in the end credits...they list "Black Dog" before "Rock and Roll" instead of the other way around. And "Heartbreaker" is listed as "Heart Breaker".

It's fun seeing Roy Harper and Mick Hinton throughout the concert bobbing and weaving around the periphery of the stage. 

But the main takeaway from seeing "The Song Remains the Same" on such a huge screen and sound system is that for all of its flaws and faults, this movie still remains the only place where you can see live Led Zeppelin filmed in glorious 35mm Panavision.

The Royal Albert Hall was shot in 16mm. Earls Court 1975, Pontiac and Seattle 1977, and Knebworth 1979 are all videotape. None of that can compare to the beauty, depth and clarity of 35mm film.

Joe Massot and his crew blew it by not getting the whole concert on film. But what they did get is still the best-looking footage we have of Led Zeppelin in concert.

Amazing!  

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Upcoming Italian screenings: March 25-27, 2024.
Specific theatre info coming soon.

https://www.nexodigital.it/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same/

Led Zeppelin return to the cinema.

Arriving in theaters for the first time, only on March 25, 26, 27 as a special event,  LED ZEPPELIN: THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, the revolutionary and hypnotic concert film that collects footage of Led Zeppelin's electrifying performances at Madison Square Garden in New York in 1973 . The list of theaters that will program the event will soon be available on nexodigital.it and presales will open starting from February 27th.

Going to the cinema is an unmissable event for all fans of the band: a visionary journey that surpasses the boundaries of imagination and allows you to admire, in a completely remastered version, the famous live performance in New York. But LED ZEPPELIN: THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME , created specifically for the cinema by the band members themselves, also offers the opportunity to discover the personal lives of the group members with backstage footage and to retrace their "private hallucinations", narrated through specially created animated sequences.

The remastering of the soundtrack was personally supervised by the band members, resulting in a film that reveals, visually and musically, the very essence of the greatest and most influential rock band in the world.

Directed by Peter Clifton and Joe Massot, LED ZEPPELIN: THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME is distributed in Italian theaters exclusively by Nexo Digital in collaboration with Warner Music Italy and with media partners Radio Capital and MYmovies.it.

Luca De Gennaro and Mixo, two iconic names of Italian radio who host Capital Records every day on Radio Capital, lent their voices  to the new trailer for LED ZEPPELIN: THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME .

tsrts_italy.jpg