2017 NFL PLAYOFF "OH NO WE'VE BEEN BUFFALOED" POOL

Strider

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I just heard about Brady's hand but I don't believe it's so serious that he won't play. I will be shocked if #12 isn't under center come Sunday.

Well so would I but he is playing games with the media like I have never seen.  Will not answer questions about practice or throwing or why the gloves are on or on his hand?  So why did he even come to the microphone?  A ploy?  To keep Jacksonville guessing?  Not sure but when they asked him directly if he is going to play he said "not sure".  That is shocking enough.  If he is not 100% that is a concern too.  It would allow Jacksonville to stack the line, dare him to throw deep vs their top rated corners.  A potential recipe for disaster.  A 40 year old QB, I do not care if its Brady, he is 40.  And we saw Montana, Namath, Unitas and many more greats have father time catch up with them.  It usually happens when you do not see it coming.  When Montana came into Buffalo with KC for the title game, I knew he was going to get beat.  It was over for him but I guess he wanted to test father time.  

The second game should be a defensive war.  I would think.  Its going to be loud.  Philly fans are crazy.  The Vikings need to take them out early.  Control the ball and be patient.  They sure proved they can play under pressure last week.  

It's down to two people: paul carruthers and Mrs. W.

Paul is in the lead at 7-3 and Walter's better half, at 6-4, is the only one who can catch him.

When you make your Super Bowl pick, please include the total number of points you think will be scored in the game, as that is one of the tiebreakers used. 

Current Standings

1. paul caruthers: 7-3

2. Mrs. W: 6-4

3. ebk: 5-5

3. Junior: 5-5

4. the chase: 4-6

4. jabe: 4-6

4. Walter: 4-6

4. zepscoda: 4-6

5. LedZeppfan77: 2-8

5. Strider: 2-8

SUPER BOWL LII 

Sunday February 4, 2018 Minneapolis, Minnesota

New England vs. Philadelphia 6:40 pm.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So this is your Super Bowl pick?  You must hate the Eagles.  

I don't like any of the NFC East teams and when it comes to the Super Bowl I am usually loyal to the AFL/AFC teams.

On 1/27/2018 at 1:58 AM, Strider said:

That's some shootout you are predicting.

Yep...Im thinking it'll be high scoring , with the pats running away with it mid way into the 3rd ...I hate routing for New England,  but the thought of Philadelphia fans winning any title makes me want to puke.

16 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Yep...Im thinking it'll be high scoring , with the pats running away with it mid way into the 3rd ...I hate routing for New England,  but the thought of Philadelphia fans winning any title makes me want to puke.

Bwahahaha. I'm with you there. Except that New England has NEVER won any Super Bowl in a rout. Even when they were clearly the superior team, like vs. Carolina or Philadelphia back in the mid-2000s, the games were close.

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

I hate routing for New England,  but the thought of Philadelphia fans winning any title makes me want to puke.

Ditto here. Philly is unquestionably my most hated team.

Order:

1. Philly

2. NE

3. Redskins

4 Giants

5. Packers

6. Pittsburgh 

On 1/30/2018 at 3:07 PM, Walter said:

Ditto here. Philly is unquestionably my most hated team.

Order:

1. Philly

2. NE

3. Redskins

4 Giants

5. Packers

6. Pittsburgh 

Well I guess tat would make sense since they are in your favorite teams division.  As much as I dislike NE, I actually hate Miami more. Pittsburgh is on my list also.  I do not get why they let Tomlin off the hook so easily and made one of his assistants the scape goat for that dumb ass game vs Jacksonville.  The Bills had them dead and buried if they had only handed the ball off.  Well they fired the right guy at least.  I really feel bad for Erik Wood.  He must have played the entire second half of the season in a very dangerous situation.  They said the injury occurred in week 5 or 6.  Anyway, back to teams we all dislike, Miami is number one for me, then Jets and NE and Pittsburgh.  I would not really hate NE if they had a different owner. They define the word cheating.  The proof is out there folks. Name call me all you want.  The bastards are the cheating bad guys.  I do not like either team that is playing Sunday but I am all in for the Eagles.  But its not that big a deal.  I would rather have a team I love or even just like and a team I hate. I really wanted Minnesota to win.  They just are not the same team on the road.  That is all it is.  I am now looking to see if our GM can be as much of a genius this year as he was last year with these picks?  We need to trade up to grab a QB.  After Cleveland gets their guy with the first pick I would think they would be crazy not to trade one number one pick for two number ones?  OK, even if we are forced to toss in a second or third rounder its still worth it IFAND ONLY IF a guy is still there that they like.  Then there are the Colts and SF.  But SF has slipped to around 7 or 8 last I knew.  I wonder if Baker Mayfield is on our radar?  I like the kid.  I would take a shot with him.  And try and keep Tyrod one more year.  If his damn ego does not get in the way

Archived