Merit Adventures catalog

Does anyone still have any old Merit Adventures catalogs from the 90s? It would be interesting to see all the stuff that was for sale in it. I used to order exclusively from them for my Zep fix and wish I'd kept the catalog now for nostalgia purposes.

44 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I have all but a few, and I have a friend that has the one's I don't. We've talked about scanning them all and placing them online for reference but it's very time consuming for little to no reward.

No doubt, but just one issue would be awesome to see. As a penniless teen I would gaze in awe at all the pendants, posters, and mugs I could never afford to get lol.

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I have all but a few, and I have a friend that has the one's I don't. We've talked about scanning them all and placing them online for reference but it's very time consuming for little to no reward.

I have just about all of them as well.

Im glad I hung onto them.Steve let me know if you and your friend are missing any if this little project ever comes into fruitation.

I'm missing four issues.  I believe I have all of the packing inserts, little postcards, and different outer mailing envelopes.  Before the last website went offline I had the covers listed in order with almost all of the issues.  I started scanning each page of each issue, but when I was talking with Rick Barrett he requested that a disclaimer be added to each page, which was extra work on each page (with scanning, cropping, resizing etc.).  I have the first couple of issues done on my hard drive.  Steve is correct it's a lot of work to create flip books of each one.  I also have a stack of extras.  I would like to at least get the previous feature back up that shows the covers of each issue, and include the extras for my memorabilia website anextranickel.com

If anyone has issues 120, 133, 146, and 149 and are willing to part with them please let me know.  Last I knew Rick was missing an issue.  He lost the extras he had due to the flooding in Houston years ago.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

2 hours ago, Sems Fir said:

If anyone has issues 120, 133, 146, and 149 and are willing to part with them please let me know.

I know we've discussed this many times. I'm fairly certain I have spares of some or all four. I'll attempt to check this week.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Sems Fir said:

For a walk down memory lane I have reloaded my comprehensive guide to Rick Barrett's Merit Adventures catalogs.  I still have to work on some minor details but you can view the listing here: http://anextranickel.com/the-comprehensive-guide-to-merit-adventures-catalogs/

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

Thank you very much. The 97-98 catalogs were the ones I had. Funny, I don't even know how I ended up getting one in the first place. Must've been in the back of a Hit Parader or something. Also funny that they were $2 but I ways got them in the mail for free.

Also, what exactly is a "Handbill"?

Archived