Random Facts

Mona

:whistling: we'd need a volunteer to take a measure I suppose ........ B)

a few vounteers....

and should they be lying down, sitting up, or supported by bras? :lol:

I guess those are the variables.

King Louis[forgot the rest of his name] used to eat omelets with crushed pearls and chicken soaked in perfume

Yes---"totally revolting." I have gotten perfume in my mouth before.

Just come back from a lovely lunch with friends I have not seen ain awhile so lots of catching up to do, where does time go? sometimes it would be nice to slow it down,for just awhile,maybe!!!!!!!!

A camel can survie in the desert without water for months!

A turtle has to bury her eggs so they won't get eating chances are they won't survue but half of them.

Um...well, there are the obvious ones, like the appendix, tailbone, and to a certain extent the tonsils. The muscles by the ears are also useless. They were once used to move the ears, but we no longer need to do that, and we can't do that. At most, some of us can wiggle those muscles, and that's it. Male nipples are obviously an oddity. Wisdom teeth are also partly useless. We use them if we have them, but there are a lot of problems associated with them and they are not in any way essential to our survival or anything at all, really, other than providing age dating for forensic scientists. The hair on our arms and legs are useless. When we are scared, they stick up to try to make us look bigger to whatever is threatening us. However, they are so thin and sparse that it is useless. I don't know much about this one, but I personally can't think of any reason for armpit hair, either.

Our sinus system is also heading that way to uselessness, I think. We still use it, but it is not that important to us. Many animals gather information through sent, but we gather the majority of our information through sight. The nasal bone (I can't remember the technical term for it right now) is located above the nose and between the eyes, and in humans is very small. This is one reason why we have such poor senses of smell, and why humans are so easily affected by nasal problems and infections.

We've adapted pretty well to walking on two legs, but there are still problems with the spine. Because we walk upright, we have a pretty drastic curve in our spine, and most back problems we have are a result of gravity compressing the lumbar vertibrae (the vertibrae in the lower back.)

Wow, thanks for that information, I found it very interesting, of course

I hate being cursed with such things as leg hair, useless and annoying.

What on earth is wrong with you? :)

^that's just '59 being '59...

he always says that people fucking suck.

What's "wrong" with me is the fact that I just found out that my boss and I;as well as another co-worker just got sold out by another employee of the company.He's a fucking snake who'll do anything to get ahead.He wants to get back on the road as a salesman,so he can cheat on his wife-allegedly-and fuck around,and God knows who or what else.So;in his never-ending quest to do so,he cast himself as the good guy;and us a bunch of fucking slobs-literally.As a result;there's a chance the owner of the company is going to come here next week AND the VP,which would be fine,except that means I have about 8 hours to do 6 months' work.Plus;I'm made to look like a brown-noser by default,which I fucking DETEST.Fucker sold me out.I should call his wife,and ask her if she really knows how he spends his time.So yes;PEOPLE FUCKING SUCK!!

Wow, thanks for that information, I found it very interesting, of course

I hate being cursed with such things as leg hair, useless and annoying.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And tell me about it. :angry::lol:

Here's a few more random anthropological/anatomical facts for you, if you want:

- Neanderthals had bigger brains than modern humans. Their brains were, on average, 1000 CCs larger than the brain of the modern humans. In addition to stone tools, we have also found art and musical instruments associated with Neanderthal sites.

Here's a comparison picture of various hominid and primate skulls.

fossil-hominid-skulls.jpg

A. Modern Chimpanzee

B. Australopithicus africanus

C. Australopithicus africanus

D. Homo habilis

E. Homo habilis

F. Homo rudolfensis

G. Homo erectus

H. Homo ergaster

I. Homo heidelburgensis

J. Neanderthal

K. Neanderthal

L. Neanderthal

M. Cro-Magnon (early archaic modern human)

N. Modern Human

As you can see, the modern Human skulls have no facial prognathisis, meaning that the face is flat and does not jut out when you look at it from the side. We also have a distinct lack of a brow ridge, a high cranial vault (forehead.) The Neanderthal skulls generally have a larger brain case, but a lower cranial vault, though they are very similar to human skulls in other ways, with only a small amount of facial pronathisis and a slightly heavier brow ridge. We aren't entirely sure where Neanderthals fit in on the evolutionary tree, or what happened to them. The genetic evidence does not say that they lead to human population, while anatomical and skeletal evidence suggests that it is probable. We know they are related to humans, but the exact relationship is not known.

It is also thought that they used their mouths as third hands, as evidenced by a certain type of wear often found on their teeth. Their jaws were extremely strong as well. There is evidence that they did not look much like we often think of them as looking, as some sort of man/ape hybrid or that they looked like the guys on the Geico comercials. We think now, based on reconstructions and on DNA, that they looked much more like ourselves, and that if you were to take a Neanderthal, dress him in modern clothing and let him into one of our cities, you probably could not distinguish him from the rest of the people. There is also evidence that many of them had red hair.

Archived