Jump to content

HTWWW Remasters coming out this March!


Wolfman
 Share

Recommended Posts

There was a post (with photos) on Facebook that HTWWW is coming back out this March remastered (including a Blue-Ray Audio version).I cant find it now. The only disappointing part is that there is no new tracks being added. Below is link to Amazon to confirm it.

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0796DDBZ1/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1516770273&sr=8-5&keywords=how+the+west+was+won+led+zeppelin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like this is going to be the first release of 2018, disappointing that there are no new tracks but the possibility is that they're being held back for something in the future.

Personally, I'll be waiting to hear what the remastering sounds like before taking the plunge on this one. I was always happy with the 2003 version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I know nothing about Blu-Ray Audio. Can you separate tracks on this format (meaning can you hear only Jimmy's track, etc.)? It would be awesome to jam with the band if you could phase out Jimmy's guitar.

That has to a first in Led Zeppelin history! Hey, can you put on a Led Zeppelin album...but please lose the guitar, eh? Hehehe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strider said:

That has to a first in Led Zeppelin history! Hey, can you put on a Led Zeppelin album...but please lose the guitar, eh? Hehehe.

I only ask because someone had mentioned that there was certain format of music when HTWWW  came out where each instrument was on a separate track. I remember them also saying that if you had the right audio equipment, you could phase one down. Guess I'm wrong. Imagine how cool that would be. I suck at guitar but it would still be fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wolfman said:

I only ask because someone had mentioned that there was certain format of music when HTWWW  came out where each instrument was on a separate track. I remember them also saying that if you had the right audio equipment, you could phase one down. Guess I'm wrong. Imagine how cool that would be. I suck at guitar but it would still be fun!

I think if you had the 5.1 audio mix of HTWWW you could silence the guitar. One channel each for vocals, guitar, bass, drums and a fifth channel for sound effects/ambience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I know nothing about Blu-Ray Audio. Can you separate tracks on this format (meaning can you hear only Jimmy's track, etc.)? It would be awesome to jam with the band if you could phase out Jimmy's guitar.

 You can do that already with the TSRTS live tracks. They are on youtube, without guitar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...