Video from 77 tour

charlton

I am watching the Over the Hills video that came out in the early 90s with the Boxed Set. There is some footage from what looks like the 77 Seattle show. Does this video exist anywhere in bootleg form worth watching? Any 77 tour stuff worth watching? I am a real fan of the 77 tour except for the tragic loss of Karac.

I am watching the Over the Hills video that came out in the early 90s with the Boxed Set. There is some footage from what looks like the 77 Seattle show. Does this video exist anywhere in bootleg form worth watching? Any 77 tour stuff worth watching? I am a real fan of the 77 tour except for the tragic loss of Karac.

I have the complete Seattle '77 show footage transferred to dvd-r. There's dribs and

drabs from Birmingham, New York & Los Angeles worth a look.

I have the complete Seattle '77 show footage transferred to dvd-r. There's dribs and

drabs from Birmingham, New York & Los Angeles worth a look.

A more specific answer to the misc. other video out there for 1977 (at least what I personally have):

City / Date / Video Length

Chicago 4/9/77 – 16:54

Chicago 4/10/77 – 4:22

Birmingham 5/18/77 – 10:01

Baton Rouge 5/19/77 – 15:02

New York 6/7/77 – 2:16 (outside Plaza Hotel)

New York 6/10/77 – 27:39 1st source

32:43 2nd Source

3:09 3rd Source

New York 6/11/77 – 30:46

New York 6/14/77 – 6:34 (silent)

34:56 2nd Source

LA Forum 6/?/77 – 24:08 (Not sure which date, would have to compare to boots)

LA Forum 6/22/77 – 8:35

LA Forum 6/23/77 – 11:16

LA Forum 6/26/77 – 20:28

2:14 2nd Source

Also, video exists for 7/23 in Oakland, and possibly a video soundtrack for Houston on 5/21 that is being hoarded by a small group of people.

Hope that helps. Happy hunting :D

The Seattle 77 show was painful to watch at times- not their best moment. That is probably why it was not included on the DVD set.

Another reason why it wasn't included on the DVD set is that the show wasn't professionally recorded in the audio sense. In fact none of the 1977 shows were recorded in that way.

Another reason why it wasn't included on the DVD set is that the show wasn't professionally recorded in the audio sense. In fact none of the 1977 shows were recorded in that way.

Seattle in particular sounds pretty bad compared to other sbds recordings though from that tour (bad playing aside).

• 1 year later...
The Seattle 77 show was painful to watch at times- not their best moment. That is probably why it was not included on the DVD set.

In my opinion, nothing by the mighty Led Zeppelin is "painful" to watch. I am sure you did not mean what you wrote as being "painful to watch", it just was not the best performance that you have probably seen of this show. Maybe (in your opinion) it was not the best live footage to see, however, I have this concert on dvd, and I am mesmerized by the whole show. Especially Jimmy's theremin section during his solo. I have heard this section on a few cd bootlegs but the first time I saw Jimmy do this during his solo I was absotuley mesmerized. Seeing is definetly believing.

In my opinion, nothing by the mighty Led Zeppelin is "painful" to watch. However, I am pretty sure I know what you were trying to say. Although I have, and have heard, many bootlegs of the 1977 tour, I was definitely amazed when I saw Pagey's theremin solo from the 1977 Seattle show. The first time I saw it I was absolutely stunned. Completley different that his theremin solo from 'the Song Remains the Same'.

Seattle in particular sounds pretty bad compared to other sbds recordings though from that tour (bad playing aside).

That's cos the "SBD" is actually sourced from the vid...

However, coincidentally I am listening to the 7/17/77 show and enjoying it...my copy if "Year of the Dragon" by EV...

Archived