A Band of Brothers or Business Partners

McSeven

I am on a Zep Facebook group.  One of the members was asked about if Zep will do any sort of get together for the reunion.  A bunch of things were said.  One lady said that Zep can't basically stand each other.  It made me sad.  She basically said they are business partners not a band of brothers.  What do you think.  

I am not expecting Robert/Jimmy/JPJ to be constantly talking to each other all the time, but a couple of times a year to check in on each other.

I have seen rumours on line that Jimmy did not go to Robert's Son Karacs funeral.  We don't know the reason why.  Jimmy could have had something where he could not attend due to being far away.  We don't know the dynamic of his schedual over that.  I don't know if JPJ went.  I know that Bonzo was there.  Things happen.  I found out that my friends father in law passed a yr and half from when it happened.  I was not told of his passing and he was great to me.  I did not go.  I did send a card to my friends wife after.  

Anyways.  Do you feel that Zep were more business partners or brothers.  Other bands I feel the business thing.  Like Yes/Genisis, AC/DC, Bon Jovi.

It's a question to which views will vary, and ultimately those views don't really matter anyway. In my view, generally speaking they most certainly are not close socially and haven't been since 1975, if ever, aside from Plant and Bonham. Of course, as with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, as far apart as life may take them, they'll always share a connection if not a bond in their shared experiences. Band of brothers? Hardly.     

They certainly started off as a band of brothers, taking on the music world together.  Having conquered that goal in the early seventies they became mere bandmates, they haven't been "business partners" in any way for a long time...

2 hours ago, chef free said:

They certainly started off as a band of brothers, taking on the music world together.  Having conquered that goal in the early seventies they became mere bandmates, they haven't been "business partners" in any way for a long time...

After conquering these many and mighty goals together, you never go back to just being band mates, perhaps on the surface but not really. It may not be all "band of brothers" etc. but it's closer to that than just business partners. There's a deep connection between band mates that's unlike all other relationships, at least in this case.

I believe that when Robert's son died, JPJ had just departed the west coast of the US with his family for a vacation in I believe Vancouver. Jimmy skipped the funeral to avoid it becoming a media circus. I did read somewhere that Robert was hurt that Jimmy didn't attend. 

• 3 months later...

I just don't get why Jimmy would skip the funeral.  We don't really know the dynamics at that time of the band.  Other than Presence was the album around them the time of Karac's passing.  

Archived