9/29/71 Immigrant Song sb release

drpete

The cover lists Immigrant Song and Heartbreaker.   

Awesome release and I’ve never put the bootleggers down in my life but this seems like a pretty lame thing $65 for two songs? Lmao.     Still love how much they bring us and I’ll take any and all soundboards from any years.   This could be a preview of what’s to come!  Every collector out there has wanted to heard these Japan treasures. 

Could it be either....
1. Jimmy is testing the waters with the loyal fan base that are into bootlegs to gauge interest (he leaked SB to bootleggers).
2. EVSD is either
    A) worried or...
   B ) has some inside gossip that the Japan gigs are to be released in a "How the East Was Won" package, realised they fucked up by holding them for so long, and are now trying to ring a few yen out of it before it is essentially pointless.

*I am assuming these 2 songs are from the show that is rumoured to be multi-tracked and one of the last great release hopes.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:37 AM, chillumpuffer said:

:hysterical::hysterical:( wiping tears from the eyes) so 18 tracks @ $65 each ( assuming of course EV don't release each segment of WLL or The Organ Solo prior to Thank You) that's $1170 for the whole show. But knowing EV they will then release the Japanese introduction before the show as an added bonus. And I thought Page was creaming it in with the re issues

On 2/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, Tainted cheese said:

Or, Jimmy already has, by releasing these titles through back-channels to EV for years, as I have read some theories as to how this  sbdrevolution started in the first place, plausible eh? Regardless, I am hoping these boys in Japan don't screw with us much longer, if indeed they have the full tapes of 28 & 29. God damn they have patience  to hold these for so long!

You have to look at how these back-channel sales can be untaxed. Why, just the principle of beating the taxman. Just Because. :piano:

4 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The cover lists Immigrant Song and Heartbreaker.   

Awesome release and I’ve never put the bootleggers down in my life but this seems like a pretty lame thing $65 for two songs? Lmao.     Still love how much they bring us and I’ll take any and all soundboards from any years.   This could be a preview of what’s to come!  Every collector out there has wanted to heard these Japan treasures. 

I'll confess to not reading Japanese! Can anyone translate where that Heartbreaker is from?

9 minutes ago, Crimson Avenger said:

I'll confess to not reading Japanese! Can anyone translate where that Heartbreaker is from?

Someone on another forum ran that text through Google Translate. "Heartbreaker" seems to refer to the style of John Bonham's "1-2-3-4" count-in, not another track included on the CD.

39 minutes ago, Cookie0024 said:

Someone on another forum ran that text through Google Translate. "Heartbreaker" seems to refer to the style of John Bonham's "1-2-3-4" count-in, not another track included on the CD.

Ah, thanks! Makes sense, would have been odd of them to quietly slip that out as a b-side as it were.

Does anyone really believe Page is behind this? A little naive. He’s known his fans for years. Of course there’s interest.

And didn’t Page admit that he didn’t want to release the Japanese show due to poor sound on the tapes?

Not convinced this new title isn’t another chewed remaster of what we all already have.

but i do hope i’m wrong.

7 hours ago, Cookie0024 said:

Clarification on the above after a better translation has been posted: The "Heartbreaker" line instead refers to the first note of "Heartbreaker" being at the end of this track.

Here's the translation:

Immigrant Song 9/29/71 Osaka 1 CD EVCD
A sudden announcement was presented at the Blind Face store. 
A few days later, sbd of Immigrant Song 9/29 was released. 
The anouncement reported that old sources are not sbd, but this time it was genuine sbd.

That price is 5,400 Yen per a CD. 
The recording length is 4:43. 
There are five kinds of ukiyoe print for the jacket, but unclear which print unless you buy it. 
It's limited edition and numbers of press is unknown. 

The track starts by Bonzo's count, "2, 3, 4" and ends a first note of "Heartbreaker".
It's only one track, but the awesome sbd and better than old sources. 
The Plant's voice was lower on old source, but the new one is very good balance.
I don't know there's a track only, or whole show exists as such quality. I can't help expecting it.

As I read on "www.royal-orleans.com", well known Dadgad posted this: 

“here it is, the translation of the announcement

many thanks to my great friend Hiroo!”

Immigrant Song 9/29/71 Osaka 1 CD EVCD
A sudden announcement was presented at the Blind Face store. 
A few days later, sbd of Immigrant Song 9/29 was released. 
The anouncement reported that old sources are not sbd, but this time it was genuine sbd.

That price is 5,400 Yen per a CD. 
The recording length is 4:43. 
There are five kinds of ukiyoe print for the jacket, but unclear which print unless you buy it. 
It's limited edition and numbers of press is unknown. 

The track starts by Bonzo's count, "2, 3, 4" and ends a first note of "Heartbreaker".
It's only one track, but the awesome sbd and better than old sources. 
The Plant's voice was lower on old source, but the new one is very good balance.
I don't know there's a track only, or whole show exists as such quality.
I can't help expecting it. 

So, not 2 songs on the cd, only "Immigrant Song". Only referring to Heartbreaker as the beginning of the next song

Yes, it's pretty amazing sounding.

I'm sure uncut track (in lossless rather than mp3 format too) will show up in the wild at some point. But that's not going to happen until the purchasers have received their copies - and that probably won't happen until EVSD pre-sells out the entire run, given that they feel they got burned by the early internet leak of the Seattle 3-21-75 release.

3 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Yes, it's pretty amazing sounding.

I'm sure uncut track (in lossless rather than mp3 format too) will show up in the wild at some point. But that's not going to happen until the purchasers have received their copies - and that probably won't happen until EVSD pre-sells out the entire run, given that they feel they got burned by the early internet leak of the Seattle 3-21-75 release.

It sounds terrific, better than any of the other 71 soundboards I reckon. The good thing is - this has to come out in the next six months before Jimmy announces what is coming later in the year. They are obviously crapping their pants that he will gazump them with a how the east was won release. If this does indeed come out, I’ll be happy to never get another Zep bootleg again. I’ve never bought a bootleg before, but I might this time.

i think Duckman has said before that most of the 71 boards have only two thirds of the gig (something to do with reel time). I hope they have the full gig

5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

It sounds terrific, better than any of the other 71 soundboards I reckon. The good thing is - this has to come out in the next six months before Jimmy announces what is coming later in the year. They are obviously crapping their pants that he will gazump them with a how the east was won release. If this does indeed come out, I’ll be happy to never get another Zep bootleg again. I’ve never bought a bootleg before, but I might this time.

i think Duckman has said before that most of the 71 boards have only two thirds of the gig (something to do with reel time). I hope they have the full gig

I'm afraid the soundboard reels will only cover 90 to 120 odd minutes or so. On the other hand....this much better balanced mono signal from the revox should enable Jimmy to solve some of the balance issues on the multitrack. With the aid of protools, the results will be near perfect. Even if 'How the East was Won' would only be a modest 2CD, I would be a very happy punter:hurrah:

2 minutes ago, duckman said:

I'm afraid the soundboard reels will only cover 90 to 120 odd minutes or so. On the other hand....this much better balanced mono signal from the revox should enable Jimmy to solve some of the balance issues on the multitrack. With the aid of protools, the results will be near perfect. Even if 'How the East was Won' would only be a modest 2CD, I would be a very happy punter:hurrah:

So you’re saying that a sbd will help him sort out issues with the multitrack? This is like a foreign language to me! But I’m assuming that he doesn’t have the sbd....as it is in the possession of Empress Valley? 

2 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

So you’re saying that a sbd will help him sort out issues with the multitrack? This is like a foreign language to me! But I’m assuming that he doesn’t have the sbd....as it is in the possession of Empress Valley? 

I can not believe Empress has the master reels. The ShowCo 1975  SB stuff is probably another story, but the 71 boards were recorded on Zeps own Revox, no?

3 hours ago, duckman said:

I can not believe Empress has the master reels. The ShowCo 1975  SB stuff is probably another story, but the 71 boards were recorded on Zeps own Revox, no?

No idea mate. You know far more about this stuff than I do. So you reckon Page is behind this release? 

In the book Hammer of the Gods (dont flame me, lol) it mentions Jimmy had a new state of the art Stellavox field recorder around this time or early 1972.   This is one of the only times I heard about him and a Stellavox field recorder.  You have to think many shows from this time were recorded on that deck. 

On 2/10/2018 at 2:50 AM, duckman said:

The North America 1971 soundboards deserves its own thread.   All three Orlando, Toronto & Hampton surfaced within a few years of each other.    Toronto was the first I believe surfacing around the same time as Stidio Daze.    Then Hampton and finally Orlando.     

If these three are all from the band rather then just random sound men plugging in it does show the band was actively recording in 1971.    It’s possible while tours exist like this just like 1973, and beyond.   Even earlier we have seen the Revox reel to reel active during the Summer 1970 German shows.   It’s possile the 1971 shows are complete shows too if not all but maybe some of them.  If the brand was recording you’d think they would run tape for the entire show.  

Orlando would be nearly complete but the soundman was slow to start the 2nd tape and so 15-20 of the middle of the show was missed.   

Imagine how many other shows are that sitting there.  I’d Page didn’t think Japan multitracks are good enough for release then he must have a hundred or more soundboards from their prime early years.  

Its exciting that we could possibly get back to back soundboard I better recording of the two Osaka shows. 

5 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The North America 1971 soundboards deserves its own thread.   All three Orlando, Toronto & Hampton surfaced within a few years of each other.    Toronto was the first I believe surfacing around the same time as Stidio Daze.    Then Hampton and finally Orlando.     

If these three are all from the band rather then just random sound men plugging in it does show the band was actively recording in 1971.    It’s possible while tours exist like this just like 1973, and beyond.   Even earlier we have seen the Revox reel to reel active during the Summer 1970 German shows.   It’s possile the 1971 shows are complete shows too if not all but maybe some of them.  If the brand was recording you’d think they would run tape for the entire show.  

Orlando would be nearly complete but the soundman was slow to start the 2nd tape and so 15-20 of the middle of the show was missed.   

Imagine how many other shows are that sitting there.  I’d Page didn’t think Japan multitracks are good enough for release then he must have a hundred or more soundboards from their prime early years.  

Its exciting that we could possibly get back to back soundboard I better recording of the two Osaka shows. 

We shall see about Osaka.  Perhaps, the teasers and leaks are already out there for a possible release.  I don't know anything more than anyone else here.  Just give it time and see what they decide to release for the 50th!

Archived