The White Stripes Thread . . .

Aquamarine

Hell I already got my whole dug up to my knees... not much more time before I kick the bucket.

Anyways I am going to attempt to by it at my nearest music store...the wal-mart that is 17 miles away. If they dont have it someone will have to pay...with there life.

Is there a track list yet?

Hell I already got my whole dug up to my knees... not much more time before I kick the bucket.

Anyways I am going to attempt to by it at my nearest music store...the wal-mart that is 17 miles away. If they dont have it someone will have to pay...with there life.

Is there a track list yet?

Yeah, the whole album has been leaked.

You have an impressive amount of willpower. :D

I'll admit, I was more tempted to open it to see if my CD had Patrick on it or not... but I think it must be Jack Lawrence, as he's on the back and it seems the UK releases have PK. Sooo.... I shall find someone to buy one for me. :lol:

The back of my CD has Jack Lawrence. I live in the US. UK people are getting Patrick Keeler. I looked all over for a Patrick CD and could not for the life of me find one. Hence, I think the UK releases have Patrick Keeler on the back and on the CD.

Anyway, I opened it and it's good. It didn't really blow me away, but it's good. I need to listen to it some more but I really freakin' love Consoler of the Lonely and really freakin' dislike Rich Kid Blues.

edited later to add that the more I listen to it the more I like it. And it makes me really freakin' want to go home and play my drums. Jack Lawrence is the SHIT, by the way.

Edited by Day Tripper

• 2 weeks later...

One day out of the blue two months ago, I decided to download The White Stripes entire discography and I listened to all of it within a day. I was impressed and now am a fan. I have to say that Elephant might be my favorite, but Get Behind Me Satan sounds the best. My least favorite would probably be their debut. I don't know if I would like the Raconteurs, though.

One day out of the blue two months ago, I decided to download The White Stripes entire discography and I listened to all of it within a day. I was impressed and now am a fan. I have to say that Elephant might be my favorite, but Get Behind Me Satan sounds the best. My least favorite would probably be their debut. I don't know if I would like the Raconteurs, though.

The Raconteurs are decent, but they just don't sound as dangerous or as edgy as the White Stripes.

I GOT TICKETS!!!!! THEY ARE PLAYING THE DRC (Detroit rock City) !!!!!AHHHHH!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!! I am finally going to see Jack play a Guitar in Detroit !!!!

I can now cross the racs off my list...now onto Zeppelin and The White Stripes

Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

This cd is a smorgasbord of authentic music styles of past decades. It is wonderfully and whimsically composed and played AND will become a classic.

It is light years ahead of their first outing both lyrically and musically. The proggy progressions alone give this CD bonus points for me. I'm an old dinosaur from the 70's, so to me, these guys seem to have dug up a bunch of undiscovered classics.

Along with Earl Greyhound there seems to be a revival in a classic vein. Thank God I don't have to listen to the oldies station to hear good music. I am so sick of hearing the same-old same-old. This is NEW old and damn good! Give it time.

Listen to Wolfmother, the Black Keys, the White Stripes, The yeah yeah yeah's, and the Hard Lessons

anyways:

JACK WHITE has hit back at media criticism for his decision to rush the release of THE RACONTEURS' second album. The rockers released Consolers Of The Lonely on 25 March (08) - only three weeks after they finished recording the album. The decision meant members of the press were not given advance copies to write reviews prior to the LP hitting shops. But White, who formed the band as a side project while still working with The White Stripes, is unfazed by the media's negative reaction - insisting The Raconteurs' first priority is the fans. He says, "Some of the media have been a little bit bruised, thinking this was to try to beat the critics. I don't care about that. The point was, review it after the fans have it. What's wrong with that?" And White admits the decision also stems from his frustration at long promotional campaigns which bands are forced to undertake prior to a record's release. He adds, "This is the way they used to do it. Bands didn't use to promote an album for four months before a record came out. It really gets annoying that you have to turn into some computer-whiz salesman once you're done mixing."

• 2 weeks later...

The Racs have unleashed new dates including a second Detroit date!!!!

The Raconteurs are pleased to announce they will be performing at the Eden Project in Cornwall, UK on June 29th.

For more information you can visit edenbookings. com/events/sessions/.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rockers Meg White, Jackson Smith set to marry

The Detroit News

White Stripes drummer Meg White is set to marry Jackson Smith, the rocker son of punk poet Patti Smith and late MC5 guitarist Fred "Sonic" Smith, later this month, The Detroit News has confirmed. A source close to the couple says White and Smith will walk down the aisle May 22 in Nashville, Tenn., and says the pair is not interested in media attention surrounding the union.

White is temporarily on hiatus from the White Stripes, who last performed in February during the final episode of "Late Night with Conan O' Brien." Smith is the guitarist for Detroit rock foursome Back in Spades. The couple was engaged earlier this year.

Nashville has become a second home for the Stripes, since White Stripes frontman Jack White moved to the city several years ago. The city also played host to another recent Detroit rock wedding, when Kid Rock married Pamela Anderson at a Nashville bar in August 2006.

Dex Romweber Teams with Jack White

S76GP0NN0CDy_m.jpg

Limited edition 45 due late May.

By Blurt Staff

The Dex Romweber Duo recently met up with Jack White, and the summit yielded a new 7" scheduled to be released in late May on White's newly formed label, Third Man.

Again and again over the years, Jack White has preached the Dex gospel. "Dex Romweber was and is a huge influence on my music. I owned all of his records as a teenager," Jack said. "[He is] one of the best kept secrets of the rock 'n' roll underground." 20 years ago, Dex's band, The Flat Duo Jets, were innovators, paving the way for contemporary guitar/drum duos like The Black Keys and The White Stripes.

The session was a long time coming. In an interview with Metromix, Sara Romweber (drummer, Dex Romweber Duo,) described the scene. "At one point, Dex was in the room with his guitar and Jack was behind the control board. Jack had the biggest smile on his face and he said, "You have no idea how long I've waited to hear that guitar tone in my studio."

You can read the rest of the article here.

Edited by Jahfin

Jack White is doing so much awesome stuff this year. The Dead Weather, all those 7 inches coming out of Third Man Records, It Might Get Loud, and the WHITE STRIPES DVD which he said might even be coming to theatres! He's my hero.

Jack White is doing so much awesome stuff this year. The Dead Weather, all those 7 inches coming out of Third Man Records, It Might Get Loud, and the WHITE STRIPES DVD which he said might even be coming to theatres! He's my hero.

I don't know how he finds all the time. :o Singing, playing guitar, keyboards, drums, with all those different combos, now the Dead Weather have announced a tour . . Amazing. I hope when they were making IMGL he gave Jimmy a few hints on how to get out there and actively make music. ;)