2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

So this is good.  I'm leaning a bit towards the Saux, although I won't be sad if the Dodgers win.  I just hope they get to game 6.  Or better yet, game 7.  Then the Saux can win it at home.  But this way, they go home ahead. 

5 minutes ago, ebk said:

So this is good.  I'm leaning a bit towards the Saux, although I won't be sad if the Dodgers win.  I just hope they get to game 6.  Or better yet, game 7.  Then the Saux can win it at home.  But this way, they go home ahead. 

Not me.. I hope they wrap it up as soon as they can.  Anything can happen.

What a game.  No runs on either side for 5 1/2 innings.  9-6 final.  

4 minutes ago, the chase said:

Not me.. I hope they wrap it up as soon as they can.  Anything can happen.

What a game.  No runs on either side for 5 1/2 innings.  9-6 final.  

I totally understand that!  

And yeah, this series has been at least ... interesting.   I fell asleep last night when it became "today" here in the Real Time Zone.  When I woke up to go to bed, I was amazed that the local Fox affiliate made the news crew stay around to do the after-game news.  Then I realized it was the morning news...  :D 

46 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Roberts MUST BE FIRED  if the Dodgers do not rally to win this.  Its possible if he gets some brains by tomorrow.  He pulls a pitcher with a 1 hitter with Kershaw and Buehler waiting for the kill in the next couple.  Now what?  Asshole he is

Roberts definitely needs to explain why he made that decision. Undoubtedly he'll cite some data analytics bullshit about his pitch count (91), innings pitched or how he does vs. right-handed hitters on Saturdays with a temperature of 75 to 80 degrees. This widespread approach to managing is ruining the game and robbing players of the opportunity to win or lose based on their performance as opposed to their stats.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Oh, you Dodgers gonna blow it again.

Of course. Roberts mismanaged the Dodgers out of a World Series last year. No surprise he's doing it again. Not that Boston needs any help...they are the superior team. As proven by their record during the season. You don't win the most games of the regular season and then knock off two 100+ game winners in the playoffs without being a great team.

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Roberts definitely needs to explain why he made that decision. Undoubtedly he'll cite some data analytics bullshit about his pitch count (91), innings pitched or how he does vs. right-handed hitters on Saturdays with a temperature of 75 to 80 degrees. This widespread approach to managing is ruining the game and robbing players of the opportunity to win or lose based on their performance as opposed to their stats.

They need to fire his ass no matter how this turns out.   Girardi pulled miracles to get the Yankees within one game of the series and was rewarded with a pink slip.  He or Buck Showalter would make far more sense to get this team over the hump.  Roberts gave that game away.  I mean, Madson?  That sack of crap tossed it in underhand on that 3 run homer.   They needed that game so even bringing Kershaw in would have made sense having Buehler resting for game 5 or 6.  Jansen was not his usual beastly self.  I would sing Britton if I were them.  And Harper.  Big market, big money.

BBOZOQM.jpeg.cfc3bfce997e675e4049a686165cfafc.jpeg

Get rid of this dirty lazy bum. This play last night in the 9th inning is the final straw. Crucial World Series game and instead of hustling down the line to beat out the throw, Machado is chewing gum and blowing bubbles....and he manages to spike the Red Sox firstbaseman again in the bargain. What a joke.

Between Dave Roberts' continued managing blunders (remember Roberts is the guy who pulled Rich Hill in the midst of a perfect game two years ago) and this dirty shitbag, the Dodgers deserve to lose. 

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Of course. Roberts mismanaged the Dodgers out of a World Series last year. No surprise he's doing it again. Not that Boston needs any help...they are the superior team. As proven by their record during the season. You don't win the most games of the regular season and then knock off two 100+ game winners in the playoffs without being a great team.

img_9376.jpg

2 hours ago, Strider said:

BBOZOQM.jpeg.cfc3bfce997e675e4049a686165cfafc.jpeg

Get rid of this dirty lazy bum. This play last night in the 9th inning is the final straw. Crucial World Series game and instead of hustling down the line to beat out the throw, Machado is chewing gum and blowing bubbles....and he manages to spike the Red Sox firstbaseman again in the bargain. What a joke.

Between Dave Roberts' continued managing blunders (remember Roberts is the guy who pulled Rich Hill in the midst of a perfect game two years ago) and this dirty shitbag, the Dodgers deserve to lose. 

You cannot let shit bags like Pearce who is a lifetime journeyman that played for the Orioles and i know his ass well, beat you.  Or that other sack of shit that hit the underhand toss by Madson.  Stupid ass Roberts will get his pink slip 5 minutes after this ends if they do not pull off part two of the 1986 NY Mets comeback over the same Boston Red Sox.  In 75 the Big Red Machine beat them in 7.  After the very emotional win with the classic HR by Fisk.   Now its time for some mo magic.  This time Kershaw and Buehler must get them to a game 7.  Very do able.  If they can overcome the emotional collapse of last night.  Thanks for nothing Roberts.  Whats going on tonight?  Kimble, the Monkey Man, is primed to get rocked and so is Price, the most over used pitcher in Series history.  At least modern era.  It there.  If they have the heart.

Why do you think Pearce is a shitbag, Rick?  I've never heard anything bad about him.  And he's having a hell of a series.  

I think the Dodgers might be toast at this point. 

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You cannot let shit bags like Pearce who is a lifetime journeyman that played for the Orioles and i know his ass well, beat you.  Or that other sack of shit that hit the underhand toss by Madson.  Stupid ass Roberts will get his pink slip 5 minutes after this ends if they do not pull off part two of the 1986 NY Mets comeback over the same Boston Red Sox.  In 75 the Big Red Machine beat them in 7.  After the very emotional win with the classic HR by Fisk.   Now its time for some mo magic.  This time Kershaw and Buehler must get them to a game 7.  Very do able.  If they can overcome the emotional collapse of last night.  Thanks for nothing Roberts.  Whats going on tonight?  Kimble, the Monkey Man, is primed to get rocked and so is Price, the most over used pitcher in Series history.  At least modern era.  It there.  If they have the heart.

There is a reason TJ Simers called the Dodgers the "choking dogs" all through the 1990s and 2000s. They aren't the Big Red Machine. The Big Red Machine had Pete Rose. The Dodgers have Manny "cup of tea" Machado aka "Bubbles".

Say what you want about Pete Rose's personal life and off-field activities but on the field Pete Rose was money and he never gave less than 100% effort. Manny Machado is no Pete Rose. I wouldn't trade one Pete Rose for a dozen Manny Machados. 

And the sabermetrics guys can go take a flying leap.

Also, Dave Roberts is no Sparky Anderson.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:52 PM, kingzoso said:

Really?  How old are you?  

If you want to play that game, your 2018 Baltimore Orioles lost more games this season in the history of Baseball.  

I will not sink to your level of extremely rude name calling.

Again, really?

Edited to add:  I should point out that I don't care what you call me (or anyone else), it is just the fact rhat you feel the need to say/post really stupid shit to someone you have never me.

Just now, kingzoso said:

This is for Rick:

Manny Machado is a real fucking punk and a dirty player.  It seemed so fitting that he would Strike Out to end the 2x straight losing Los Angeles Dodgers.  

Call me what you want, ir only makes you look like a child.  I am 48 years old and you are in your late 60's 

P.S.  Your Baltimore Orioles are going to be even worse than they were this year.  They will probably lose 125 games next year.

Do yourself a favor and don't pick them in the 2019 MLB contest.  

PEACE!!!

16 hours ago, Strider said:

There is a reason TJ Simers called the Dodgers the "choking dogs" all through the 1990s and 2000s. They aren't the Big Red Machine. The Big Red Machine had Pete Rose. The Dodgers have Manny "cup of tea" Machado aka "Bubbles".

Say what you want about Pete Rose's personal life and off-field activities but on the field Pete Rose was money and he never gave less than 100% effort. Manny Machado is no Pete Rose. I wouldn't trade one Pete Rose for a dozen Manny Machados. 

And the sabermetrics guys can go take a flying leap.

Also, Dave Roberts is no Sparky Anderson.

Manny Machado is a great player.  His defense is worth more than you know.  To point a finger at him is just ridiculous.  Without him the Dodgers do not beat Milwaukee.  No way.  Do not sign him and the Dodgers are finished

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox! I am happy for their fans on the forum...jb126, the chase, Anjin-san, and others.

The right team won. 

The Boston Red Sox play baseball. The Dodgers think they are at the home run derby.

There used to be a mantra that ran through the Dodgers organization...the "Dodgers way to play baseball".  There were books, videos...all with the purpose of instructing kids and players on the important aspects of playing baseball the "Dodger way".

The emphasis was on great pitching and defense and doing the little things...like how to manufacture a run without the ball leaving the infield. A walk, a bunt, a steal...you know, those things that the sabermetrics guys say are passé and not essential to baseball. 

That book has now been lost by the Dodgers. Instead, now all players do is talk about "launch angles" and swing from the heels, no matter the count or the game situation. It is dumb, boring and horrible to watch.

The Red Sox play more like the "Dodgers Way" than the Dodgers themselves do.

Also, with Yas Puig and Manny Machado the Dodgers have two of the most asinine modern players in baseball. They make the Dodgers unlikable in the same way that Alex Rodriguez made any team he was on unlikable.

I could rant and rant but I want to keep in a happy headspace today as I am going to a concert later.

I would be shocked if Dave Roberts isn't fired, though.

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox! I am happy for their fans on the forum...jb126, the chase, Anjin-san, and others.

The right team won. 

The Boston Red Sox play baseball. The Dodgers think they are at the home run derby.

There used to be a mantra that ran through the Dodgers organization...the "Dodgers way to play baseball".  There were books, videos...all with the purpose of instructing kids and players on the important aspects of playing baseball the "Dodger way".

The emphasis was on great pitching and defense and doing the little things...like how to manufacture a run without the ball leaving the infield. A walk, a bunt, a steal...you know, those things that the sabermetrics guys say are passé and not essential to baseball. 

That book has now been lost by the Dodgers. Instead, now all players do is talk about "launch angles" and swing from the heels, no matter the count or the game situation. It is dumb, boring and horrible to watch.

The Red Sox play more like the "Dodgers Way" than the Dodgers themselves do.

Also, with Yas Puig and Manny Machado the Dodgers have two of the most asinine modern players in baseball. They make the Dodgers unlikable in the same way that Alex Rodriguez made any team he was on unlikable.

I could rant and rant but I want to keep in a happy headspace today as I am going to a concert later.

I would be shocked if Dave Roberts isn't fired, though.

You just contradicted yourself.  You blame Roberts, justifiably so.  You talk shit about Puig and Machado, no basis.  Machado is a great player.  To put this on him is just stupid. This is on Roberts.  And Madson.  And Jansen.    And to Redrum, the Giants are not going to catch the Dodgers in talent in one year. No way.  The Dodgers happen to have a great young prospect that is waiting to get his shot.  Soon.  And they are big market.  They are not going away.  They will fire Roberts, and hopefully get the right guy in here.  I can think of two that would get it done immediately.  Buck and Girardi.  And Milwaukee is going to be very tough too.  Harper is a big question.  If reports are true and Washington has locked him in, then expect the Dodgers to sign Machado to a 5 year deal.  The Yankees are likely to make a pitch also, but I think that Manny would prefer to stay in LA.  He will be fast forgiven by Strider if the Dodgers get it done next year and they can.  

I am not buying the better team won with the likes of a journeyman Pearce being the equivalent of Doug Williams in football.  Or Trent Dilfer.  Give me a break.  He played for my Orioles so I know what an average fucking Joe he is

Archived