2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

6 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

Sean,let's give a shout  out to Walter going to the evil,er,Yankee stadium tonight!:wave:

How are the Dodgers doing?

Hiya Walter! :wave:

I sent a friend on the forum an Angel Rally Monkey and I think she uses it to put a hex on Red Sox opponents. It seemed to work yesterday.

Dodgers are muddling around. Too many injuries to key players. Dave Roberts questionable managing moves.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

The Baltimore Orioles showed up on the Angels schedule in the nick of time.

You're welcome.

Although today, it worked out okay for us.  And I didn't melt in the heat.

7 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Sean,let's give a shout  out to Walter going to the evil,er,Yankee stadium tonight!:wave:

How are the Dodgers doing?

Easy now ebk!  Lol! Go Yankees!!!

62DFCFDC-93E4-4138-AA96-1E58CD521B30.jpeg

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Hiya Walter! :wave:

I sent a friend on the forum an Angel Rally Monkey and I think she uses it to put a hex on Red Sox opponents. It seemed to work yesterday.

Dodgers are muddling around. Too many injuries to key players. Dave Roberts questionable managing moves.

BEB7594B-D9FF-40FF-B0D4-6DBB0858F239.jpeg

44910EF4-D1D8-447F-A8D1-A3A38D55D7C1.jpeg

We had a Chinese Uber driver who tried to speak Spanish to us heading to the stadium from Manhattan. We ended up in a jogging court that wasn’t meant for cars, he’s laughing asking us how to get out of there and telling us he just wanted to go home - that was the only English he spoke!! What a mess - but too funny!! 😂😂

@Walter,I was happy for you (for a brief second) when Judge hit the homer - just because you were there.  Your stupid team can stop hitting home runs any time now... 

Great pics!  But I can't believe you didn't just take the subway to the park!  So much easier than driving.  

No ebk, we love the Judge!! He two the night we were in Tampa.  

There were two stabbings in the subway while we were here. Plus we crashed at the room after hitting the freedom tower this morning. The heat here is crazy - even for us Floridians!  

Kev - here’s jr with the crown chicken tenders, etc 

266787F5-03DA-4C7D-8C61-1DFB6324F11D.jpeg

4 hours ago, Walter said:

True, true but we enjoyed his stay....😉

Ubering out of the Bronx was another story... :slapface: 

Onto Lake Placid tomorrow and Vermont on Tuesday to see family, etc

Will you make time for a visit to Cooperstown?

8 hours ago, ebk said:

You're welcome.

Although today, it worked out okay for us.  And I didn't melt in the heat.

I am glad your visit engendered a Baltimore win. It would have been churlish of me to wish you to spend a day at the ballpark only to see your team lose.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

There were two stabbings in the subway while we were here. Plus we crashed at the room after hitting the freedom tower this morning. The heat here is crazy - even for us Floridians!  

That is so awesome!Thanks!

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Will you make time for a visit to Cooperstown?

Been there, but junior hasn’t - but that’ll have to be the next trip. I grew up about an hour from Cooperstown. My mom still lives up there so we will hit it up next time.

So I was at work, getting along fine, when this gathering of folks came in who looked like they were together and one was really tall and looked familiar. When it was his turn at the counter I point blank asked him if he was a such and such player, (not MLB, NHL or NFL), I thought I was being nice and he got angry and started talking down to me, so I got smartmouth back and then he threatened me with violence and demanded that I finish the transaction. I got dizzy with anger and considered telling him to leave and then thought, why not get this done quickly so it doesn't escalate. He got more condescending and so I retorted once again. I finished with this customer and he threatened that he would have my job.

This has become a huge problem that  some of these bitches from this particular sport specifically target me and try to indirectly start shit with me in the hopes they can fuck my life up. I don't watch their stupid little games, I don't know who they are. But you know, this ain't a problem with players from any other sport on either side of the Atlantic. These bitches really are something less.

Thank god for baseball, cricket and golf. These pros don't start shit with humble workers like me. They're real pros, not ghetto bitches totin' a bankroll.

Edit-

And also, when someone famous targets a working class private civilian they endanger their lives. They have stalkers who mean to severely harm people. When they stretch and spread their star attention to the lower classes they are essentially sharing the danger that they can afford to protect themselves from with those of us who have pretty much no barrier to protect us from such dangers.

So, thanks a lot superstar, you really are something special. (sarcasm)

On 6/21/2018 at 11:13 PM, kingzoso said:

The Cardinals got killed last night by the Milwaukee Brewers.  

They are 3-7 in the past 10 games.  I, however, is nor too worried.  There is a lot of Baseball to be played

I am curous to see how many Cardinals are going to make the National League All-star team.

That bloody bastard Duquette has served up my Orioles on a silver platter.  Now Machado is no doubt gone.  The best third baseman since Brooks Robinson and now has gone to SS.  Guesss who are ranked 1 and 2 in the chase for Machado?  Phillies and then Cardinals!  So your Cardinals might just do business with the O's to get him?  If that happens I will always cheer for him.  I really thought the Yankees would try and get him but they like their guy at SS.  He is not Machado but I guess he is all they want.  And Machado won't be a cheap trade. I hate to see the O's trade him. Would rather they try and fix this mess with him.  But it seems that wont happen from what I read.  Other teams in pursuit, are Cubs, Dodgers, (where I would like to see him), Indians, Braves, D backs and Brewers.  Dodgers and Braves are my second favorite teams.  

On 7/1/2018 at 9:25 PM, Walter said:

Two stabbings on the subway?  Good choice to avoid that shit.  As for that meal, not the greatest for our age but for the good looking boy not a big deal.   I still think the Red Sox have more than the Yankees in the playoffs.  But I really do not care.  I would not count the Indians out either.  They might be the Washington Capitals of baseball this year.  In other words, do not care so much about regular season.  Just get in and win in playoffs.  Houston is still the team to beat but I like the Dodgers as they are starting to click.

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

How about them Red Sox?:bravo:

I think their bats will beat the Yankees in the end.  Too much offense.  They might just beat Houston and Cleveland also.  And get back to the series?  They seem to have it all.

7 teams have offers on on the table for Manny Machado.  The Dodgers are included.  If Bellinger were a part of it I would take him.  But I know better.  But I also know they have to get at least a couple of damn good pitchers and prospects for him.  Or an all star caliber player and an all star caliber pitcher that is young.  Machado is going to put one of these teams over the top.  I must add it will be sad to see him go.  I am not sure if  he is going to be signed long term or used as a rental.  Obviously it makes a huge difference.  If the O's trade him as a rental they may get a good haul and maybe, just maybe if they do something to fix this mess, they can get him back later?  If he wants to return?

Archived