2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

On 7/1/2018 at 7:24 PM, Walter said:

Easy now ebk!  Lol! Go Yankees!!!

62DFCFDC-93E4-4138-AA96-1E58CD521B30.jpeg

I have to see pics of my two daughters wearing those hats too.  Brainwashed.  If its Yankees vs Red Sox I always cheer Red Sox but I really do not care any more now that Boston has finally won.  And the Cubs have won.  Other sports matter more.  I am not sure my Orioles will be good again in my lifetime?  I hate the GM and what he did to us when we could have been a contender. Angelos has the money.  To hell with him also.  

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think their bats will beat the Yankees in the end.  Too much offense.  They might just beat Houston and Cleveland also.  And get back to the series?  They seem to have it all.

Rick,I thought I was on your ignore list?:whistling:

Anyway,we do have enough to reach the WS,however Price pisses me off to no end(like last night) He was on the DL list awhile back,guess why?His fookin' thumb was messed up from playing video fookin' games!!!:blink:Jesus,you can't depend on him in high pressure situations,......rant over,...

On 7/8/2018 at 3:12 PM, Anjin-san said:

Rick,I thought I was on your ignore list?:whistling:

Anyway,we do have enough to reach the WS,however Price pisses me off to no end(like last night) He was on the DL list awhile back,guess why?His fookin' thumb was messed up from playing video fookin' games!!!:blink:Jesus,you can't depend on him in high pressure situations,......rant over,...

Still, I would consider Boston co favorites with Houston.  But Cleveland could be a sleeper due to Francona and their pitching?   I am waiting to see what my quitting Orioles do with Machado?  7 teams have offers on the table.  The Yankees are not one of them.  Good for that.  I am hoping he goes to the Dodgers since he must go. Thanks Duquette for fucking us but good.  Killed our team in one fucking year. I have no doubt they have quit.  There is no damn way they are as bad as their record.  Guys have quite on Showalter and I am disgusted with most of them.  He knew we had to fix the outfield and the pitching.  But they have not hit either.  QUIT.  I canceled my MLB account in April  If its the Dodgers for Manny they have this kid that is number one prospect in the bigs. Unless they give us Belinnger, who I love, he MUST BE PART OF THE DEAL..  The Phillies and Cardinals are at the top of the list too.  Just imagine him in a Cardinals uniform.  Then I have to listen to the King.

I am a bit shocked that the Saint Louis Cardinals organization fired manager Mike Matheny (along with hitting and assistant hitting coackes).

I realize that the Cardinals have not been playing up to their potential lately.  Even the Baltimore Orioles have not fired their manager and the Orioles are currently the worst team in Baseball (sorry Rick).

On 7/8/2018 at 8:32 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I have to see pics of my two daughters wearing those hats too.  Brainwashed.  If its Yankees vs Red Sox I always cheer Red Sox but I really do not care any more now that Boston has finally won.  And the Cubs have won.  Other sports matter more.  I am not sure my Orioles will be good again in my lifetime?  I hate the GM and what he did to us when we could have been a contender. Angelos has the money.  To hell with him also.  

What? I thought baseball was your favourite sport?

1 hour ago, Strider said:

What? I thought baseball was your favourite sport?

Not these days.  Hockey, football, soccer (when England are alive).  My Sabres and Bills are making great moves.  Unfortunately our star running back McCoy seems to be in trouble.

Will the Dodgers make another Manny trade to help them, a la the Manny Ramirez deal in 2008?

Hard to believe we are already at the All-Star break. That means football is just around the corner.

I wonder if ebk is going to the All-Star game?

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Will the Dodgers make another Manny trade to help them, a la the Manny Ramirez deal in 2008?

Hard to believe we are already at the All-Star break. That means football is just around the corner.

Well as sick as I am that Manny is going to leave, I hope to hell its the Dodgers.  My second choice would be Atlanta.  We need to get a haul.  And I hope Manny goes to the Dodgers and they win it all.  I will never buy a sports jersey with a name on it again.  No way.  I have Matt Wieters jersey, and , cough, Trent Edwards.  I know.  A friend suggested to buy one that you can use a velcro lettering on?  Good idea.  I have a Sabres jersey with no name.  The old dark blue and gold.  If I ever had a basketball jersey it would be Jerry West or Rick Barry.  Soccer?   England.  I will see how things go.  Not sure if Vardy could make the team again?

5 hours ago, Strider said:

I will be staying as far away from the madness around the ballpark as humanly possible!  :)  I love my couch and my wine 🍷

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well as sick as I am that Manny is going to leave, I hope to hell its the Dodgers.  My second choice would be Atlanta.  We need to get a haul.  And I hope Manny goes to the Dodgers and they win it all.  I will never buy a sports jersey with a name on it again.  No way.  I have Matt Wieters jersey, and , cough, Trent Edwards.  I know.  A friend suggested to buy one that you can use a velcro lettering on?  Good idea.  I have a Sabres jersey with no name.  The old dark blue and gold.  If I ever had a basketball jersey it would be Jerry West or Rick Barry.  Soccer?   England.  I will see how things go.  Not sure if Vardy could make the team again?

Rick, I keep telling you - buy a classic jersey - number 19, Dave McNally, and be done with it.  It will never go out of style. 

17 hours ago, ebk said:

Rick, I keep telling you - buy a classic jersey - number 19, Dave McNally, and be done with it.  It will never go out of style. 

I agree with that and it would be either McNally or Brooks.  I am just sick Manny is going. But if it happens, may it be the Dodgers and we get that kid that is the best prospect in the majors. Forget his name

17 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

P.S. Walter, how about 'Dem Yankees...

Doing as well as I could’ve hoped for. Too bad we’re in the same division as the best record in baseball. Still got a few more left to play though...

No detail out but no doubt Machado is now a Dodger.  Its sad.  If we don't get Verdugo or Bueler (RHP) in this deal then we fucking lost .  What a surprise that would be!  Fucking Duquette had tons of offers from teams like the Phillies who must have offered them the kitchen sink but I think Manny wanted to go to LA and that played into it.  Sure, I want him to be happy but I want to see the Orioles get a fair deal.  They likely just got fucked  But who knows.  We find out sometime today or tomorrow.  Goodbye to a future hall of famer. Goodbye to the best infielder since Brooks Robinson

PS  Thanks to Walter for doing the math on the contest page

And, when I was growing up, the AL could not buy a win in the All Star game.  It was double digits I think back in the 70s.  The NL had the big red machine to back them.  Hard to believe the Orioles and Reds once played in a Series

13 hours ago, Strider said:

The Manny deal is done...for a bushel of prospects.
https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1019749948483653632?s=20

I am glad that it was the Dodgers and I hope they win it all.  I really do.  As for the O's, I just read the first article on the haul. And the grades were very good.  They think we did good on this deal.  It sure beats letting him walk later.  Its a new beginning. But I never wanted to lose Manny Machado.  No way.  Now that he is gone, its going to be a rebuild with new names and not sure I will live long enough to ever see the Orioles win again?  Who knows.  I have the memories. Good luck Manny.

The prospects the Orioles got have high grades from the takes I read on some big sites.  Norfolk is in town here this weekend.  I am trying to find out if the Orioles have any plans to use their new kids in Norfolk this weekend in Rochester?  If anyone knows, please pass it on.  Like maybe EBK?  You might get better news there on the plans?  I have tried the Orioles site and Norfolks International league site as well.  I will only go if they are scheduled to play?  Its a rare visit as Norfolk only plays the Red Wings once a year in each venue.  If I do go, you know who I am cheering for.  I may call into the radio show tonight.  He knows me very well and always rubs my nose in the Orioles season.  Chicken shit calls himself an analyst and says he has no favorite teams.  I do not believe a word of it.  I  know he is not a Yankees fan like many around here.  WHAM 1180 in Rochester NY.  Buffalo Rick is my handle.  LOL.  Seriously

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The prospects the Orioles got have high grades from the takes I read on some big sites.  Norfolk is in town here this weekend.  I am trying to find out if the Orioles have any plans to use their new kids in Norfolk this weekend in Rochester?  If anyone knows, please pass it on.  Like maybe EBK?  You might get better news there on the plans?  I have tried the Orioles site and Norfolks International league site as well.  I will only go if they are scheduled to play?  Its a rare visit as Norfolk only plays the Red Wings once a year in each venue.  If I do go, you know who I am cheering for.  I may call into the radio show tonight.  He knows me very well and always rubs my nose in the Orioles season.  Chicken shit calls himself an analyst and says he has no favorite teams.  I do not believe a word of it.  I  know he is not a Yankees fan like many around here.  WHAM 1180 in Rochester NY.  Buffalo Rick is my handle.  LOL.  Seriously

Oh, I believe you. 😁

Did anyone watch the All-Star game?

45 minutes ago, Strider said:

Did anyone watch the All-Star game?

I did!  Well, it was on the TV and I was sorta paying attention...as usual.  I thought it was a pretty good game, as those things go. 

Archived